Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLIcs. Week of February 18

I'm so sorry, Claudia.  What a trial for R and his wrist.  And, my condolences on the loss of your Uncle.  Hugs.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is another cool day.

Claudia..my condolences on the death of your uncle.  And poor R...he has really been through a lot the pst few months. ((((Hugs)))

i finally got the food food list from my son, so ran out this morning to finish up. It is going to be cool and rainy on Friday, so I will find some indoor stuff to do. 

I started a course of prednisone to help to help me be more mobile while they are here. Cannot figure out why my body is not cooperating.

Linda..hope you get your phone figured iut. I have an app,on my cell that blocks most spam, telemarketer calls. We dropped our land line because of all the calls. 

Hope Dh is doing ok today.

i have choir practice and need to do a bit more cleaning...

enjoy

Respected Contributor

It's good you got the food list, Barbara. I hope the prednisone starts working. Knock on wood, the telemarketing calls have decreased by quite a bit.

R's recovery will be long according to the microsurgeon. Not looking forward to it but it needs done. This new surgery will be just days short of one year since his flight down the stairs.

Linda, I hope things are well with your DH and he enjoys being with his DD and DS.

My sister briefly spoke with my cousin. He and his brother moved the belongings out that they had just moved into the assisted living and were heading to the funeral home then the lawyer before checking on their mother at the hospice. My uncle had a stomach aneurysm and Deb was told the nursing home "failed him". She didn't know what was meant by that but I suspect it wasn't found timely. I know when he was transferred to the hospice he was on the highest dose and not conscious. Waiting to hear more on my aunt and wonder if the stress of my uncle's sudden decline and the assisted living move didn't contribute to the stroke.

Today it's cooler and drizzling. Better than snow though.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope the prednisone helps a lot, Barbara.  Also hope choir practice went well.  Very cool here today this morning.  I'm not a fan of this weather, but not much I can do about it except layer on some clothes and turn up the heat.

I ended up ordering a third phone unit to go with the ones I already have from Amazon.  I hope it works out. 

Is R still allowed to go bowling, Claudia?  I can't imagine that he is, but he will probably fight that sort of restriction.  Hope things are going okay there.

As I mentioned on the other thread, the "main" caregiver was shocked that the weekend person had DH taken to the hospital.  She also told me that they don't get him up that early -- usually 7:00 - 7:30 rather than 5:00 to 5:30.  She apologized for the other lady, even though she had nothing to do with it.  The weekend caregiver is not new to the business (worked for several years at the VA and quite a few months or a year at DH's place).  And, she is studying to be a nurse, so panicking is quite out of the norm.

DH's DD said that the girls might use the hot tub, but she wasn't planning to bring her swimsuit.  I agree completely.  No way I'd be in an outdoor pool when the high for the day is only in the 50's.  Kids seem to be better able to handle the cold.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  I'm back from the gym, and I have the guest room mostly ready for DH's son who should be arriving in time for dinner.  I really hope he isn't too late or I'll be hungry since I am planning to wait for him.

DD was not happy with the price for repairing the parking brake for Army DGS's truck quoted by the first garage, and she ended up taking it to another garage.  The price was less than half that quoted by the first place, and it was done quickly.  She has decided to take the other cars there when they need repair. 

Meanwhile, her new refrigerator was delivered yesterday, and she bought groceries to fill it up today.  She is happy with it.  Also, she did go ahead and got rid of cable TV.  They will still be getting the high speed internet (even higher speed than before) from the cable company, but the price is half or so even with buying Hulu plus.  I may consider that idea someday, but not at the moment.

Hope you are feeling okay, Barbara, and your company made it there will no problems.  Also hope you and R are okay, Claudia.  And, your furbabies are doing okay as well.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Heavy snow this morning but it is mostly melted now. I shoveled before going to my dental appointment. I almost got stuck turning on to the main avenue but managed to get going and make the turn.

I hope DH's son is on time. Fingers crossed . Good for your DD getting a better price on the brake work.

R is watching the olympic skiing.

Respected Contributor

V3 and his family arrived safely. V and v3 have taken them to an indoor playground for a couple of hours because it is pretty cool and windy today. We will go to Red Robin for supper.

tomorrow will be the zoo and Sunday , the Renaissance festiva

l. I will need to rent electric carts at both places because my knees and feet are really bothering me..in spite of the prednisone.

sydnie has a dance competition this afternoon so I will livestream so I can watch her.

my dil has to work today...she hears the payroll department at the university and today is payday.

Linda..enjoy your visit with dhs children. I am sure he will be happy to see them. That is too bad about dgs car accident..I would guess that girl will not be driving for a while.

Claudia I just saw that Pittsburgh is under a flood warning...hope your weather is not too bad. 

Have a a good rest of the day.

😍

Respected Contributor

No flooding here. TT has been to the groomer and is gorgeous. I stopped by the vet and dropped off the empty prescription bottles so they can be reused. Also picked up TT's med before going on to Wegman's and a few other errands. My plan worked for using the 20' lead (anchored in the car) to get him for  house to car and back.

No pouting Griffyn when I came home after doing errands. I guess since I didn't load TT into the car from the backyard he didn't realize Iwas the one who took TT and left HIM! He was very glad to see TT when I brought him home.

It has been an overcast day with rain off and on. The microsurgeon wants R to have a bone stimulator and is checking to see if insurance will cover it.h

What a shame about your DGS's truck, Linda. I'm glad he wasn't hurt.

Renting electric carts at both places is an excellent idea, Barbara. Enjoy the visit with V3 and family.

No more news from FL on funeral arrangements for my uncle or update on my aunt. I really don't think I could go down for it. R needs too much help with things.

Esteemed Contributor

Good idea about those carts, Barbara.  Hope you have lots of fun, and it is not too tiring for you.  Nice that you can stream Syd's competition.  

Glad you didn't have any flooding, and things went well with TT, Claudia. Hope the insurance will cover the bone stimulator for R.  Sorry you can't go to Florida for the funeral, but I am sure R needs your help.

DH's son spent much of the day with his Dad, and his daughter and granddaughters arrived in the afternoon and left about 5:00.  They had not checked into the hotel yet.  The older girl was busy doing school assignments on the computer -- due tonight.  I didn't realize that kids were submitting papers by computer at the high school level these days.  

In my class this afternoon, we were discussing glass and all the important developments that have come with glass over the years (glass windows, glass computer and phone screens, fiber optic cables, etc.  They also discussed when their families first had TV, and what the TV's were like.  The world has changed so much in our lifetime.  Of course, most of us are 60 plus.

DH seems very happy to have his family here -- smiling a lot.  Both girls have gotten taller, but it is most noticeable with the younger girl -- tall and thin.  

DH's DD has rented a car, and she will be driving us to dinner.  We will try the restaurant where we went Barbara, but it is likely to be too full.  I think we will have lunch or at least dessert at DH's facility tomorrow, and go out to dinner again tomorrow night.

No word on DGS's truck.  Definitely not a good thing, but at least no one was injured.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm so glad your DH is enjoying having his son, daughter, and grandchildren there along with you.

I moved living room furniture around and now the dogs won't climb up on their couch that has the slip cover. There's much more to do but I got the basics done. I just hope  when Griff decided to get on the couch he doesn't try to look in the antique mirror above it. I have a smaller paisley patterned recliner arriving Monday. The sale price was too good to pass up.

R's bone stimulator was approved by Insurance. Tuesday we have to go to the microsurgeon's office to get it. Monday R sees the local surgeon for the scope results.

Barbara, I hope you're having a great time with family.