Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of September 9

Good Evening!   Glad the luau was so nice, Barbara.  Sorry V has those mobility issues.  Hope he finds a solution.

Sounds nice about meeting your brother on Saturday, Claudia.  A few people on our trip have mobility problems, and I give them credit for doing as much as they do.

Yesterday we took the train up from Sacramento to Reno, and it was an interesting trip.  I spent some time in the observation car, which was nice.   The food on the train was not good at all, but....  This hotel is very modern, but there are some issues -- lighting for one.  Also, they put several important things (like the thermostat) very high and difficult to reach.  Dinner was okay, but not great.  We had a lecture about the Donner Party, and he was excellent.  

Today we went to Virginia City visited an old school and took a short railroad ride.  We ha time walking around the town, and then went to lunch at a Thai restaurant in Carson City.  The food was good.  Then, we went to the Nevada State Museum and had a very good docent -- he was a real character.  Tonight we have dinner on our own, and another lady and I (maybe more people, I don't know) are going to a Spanish restaurant.

Tomorrow we go to Lake Tahoe. 

Very interesting people on the tour, and I enjoy hearing their stories.  DH's friend called me yesterday, and we had a nice talk.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Aloha..it was pouring a little while ago but now the sun may be coming out. We are going out to lunch..may ear here because the restaurant is pretty good. I plan on my last day and a half to sit outside and look at the ocean.i am hoping to keep out room until 4 tomorrow...owners can do that when it is not crowded and the place is pretty empty. Normal check out is 10...

m and syd got tickets to watch the America’s got talent show...they enjoyed it. Syd wants to go to the final next week..Iif we can get tickets, we will.

Claudia..nice that you can meet up with your brother...hope you have a great visit.

Linda, your trip sounds wonderful.NORTHERN California is quite beautiful. I am wondering what you will think of Lake Tahoe. Keep e joying yourself.

😍🌴🌴

Respected Contributor

I hope you can keep your room till 4, Barbara. Safe travels.
I could not get on the forum using the kindle tablet so am hoping using the cellphone works. So far so good. The VA called and changed R's appointment to early afternoon instead of late afternoon. That will work better for us.
I just went through handbags and dropped ones I no longer want off at the SA bin. Also dropped off some kitchen items and a mirror.
Linda, i hope your weather is good and you're enjoying the trip.
Esteemed Contributor

Hope you enjoy the last of your time there, Barbara.   Also hope you can get tickets to that show.  One of the local high schools participated, but did not make it past their first show.  They really enjoyed the experience.

Glad R has a better appointment time, Claudia.

I'm still having a very good time.  We are in Lake Tahoe, and it is quite beautiful.  Very windy when we were walking around after lunch.  Glad we had dinner indoors instead of outside as originally planned.

Really enjoy my fellow Road Scholars.

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We are in the day room I got at the resort..it is the same as the condo we left..just in a different building with a parking lot view..lol

we will check out at 5 ..our plane leaves at 9 but getting to the airport, returning the car and going through security can take a while..

Linda..I am so glad you like Lake Tahoe...did you get to drive around the lake and or take the boat tour?

Claudia..hope your day was not too crazy with the appointments for r.

more tomorrow.🌴🌴final aloha to the garden island

Respected Contributor

We always allow ourselves extra time at the airport. I'm glad you were able to get a day room, Barbara.

A rehab doctor evaluated R and wants an exercise program designed for him that he can do at home. He needs to strengthen stomach and back muscles. She hoped he could be seen by a therapist today but they were fully scheduled so we go back the 25th. We left at 11:30 this morning and got home just before 6. 

I need to look up directions for tomorrow's trip back up to the winery/brewerie.

Linda, I hope you're enjoying Lake Tahoe.

Esteemed Contributor

What a lot of appointments R has, Claudia.  Hope you have fun tomorrow.

I always try to get to the airport pretty early as well, Barbara.  Glad you had such a relaxing time.  The bus could not go on one side of the lake, but we certainly have driven around quite a bit.  There is even a side view of the lake from my hotel room.  We had a lunch cruise on the lake today, and it was very nice.

Hope your trip home goes well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Met up with everyone late morning. We finally met my brother's so. They are driving to various wineries and heading for the Finger Lakes region early this coming week. Today our dad would have been 98 and 3 of 4 siblings were together. It was a good day but tiring.

Griff is acting odd. He is not one to play with toys. Bo the shepherd did. Griff carried in a bouncy frog toy kind of like a kong  that Bo loved and has been having fits about where to put it. First he placed it on the covered couch and laid beside it and whined. Then he left it on the couch and laid on the floor looking at it and whining. Now it's in front of the fireplace and he is lying a foot from it. It's been almost a year and a half since Bo died and  Griff never showed any signs of missing him before. That bouncy frog has been ignored all that time.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you had a good, if tiring, day, Claudia.  That is certainly strange behavior by Gryff.  Wonder why the sudden change.

It was another good day -- very busy.  I'm certainly glad I came on the trip.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda