Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of September 17

Good afternoon..we went out for Sunday brunch..something we really do. That was fun..we had a bogo so I was a cheap, not hungry date. Lol.

we are back to early fall temps..it may reach 80 by the end of the week.,pepper is out sunning herself and sydnie is at an acting class. 

I heard from my dear friend in Az and the dr is hoping her Dh lasts until Christmas. I am so sad..but a lot are praying for a miracle.their son just got a new post in Tucson from the Air Force..

linda..I think you are off on an adventure...enjoy.

claudia and Chessielady, hope you are both having good days.

i will check back later

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of September 17

So sorry about your dear friend's husband, Barbara. That's a hard thing to deal with but with so many praying for him he may surprise the doctor.

I mowed out back a bit ago and have the batteries charging. Still need to get the garbage out front for tomorrow's pick up. Griff is napping in his crate while TT is spread out on the floor. It is warm and sunny today.

Linda, enjoy yourself. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

R isn't feeling well.I think he did too much snacking after I went to bed. Crossing my fingers that tomorrow I can get that 22+ pound Spot in the carrier. If give him another name but he knows this one. Back when he and Mama Boots were outside he never stayed in one spot. So I started calling him Spot

Super Contributor

Well not much going on around here. Finally got some rain last night. We haven't had any rain the entire month so far except for last night. Hoping we get more tonight. The heat also is back on..back in the muggys and hot. I just hate the heat.

Husband is off playing trains...he is the brakeman today on the dinner train. He should be back by six. I have just been loafing. Did some laundry and swept up all the dog fur. Didn't even run one dog! Back to the schedule tomorrow!

Hope Spot makes in to the vet and it is an uneventful trip! Everyone have a nice evening!

Respected Contributor

I like uneventful trips, chessielady. Seldom get them though. Hope you get your wish of some more rain.

I also like days that R is at a shoot as I can either relax or get things done at my pace. The dog hair is ever present. I did empty the wet dry vac. That seems to pick up the hair the best and surprisingly Griff likes it when I run it over his back.

R is recording the ONE special on Vietnam and Outlander. Still not feeling great.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening.  Very sorry to hear about your friend's husband, Barbara.  I do hope prayer helps.  I can't remember my last brunch, but it sounds fun.

Hope things go well with Spot, Claudia.  Also hope R feels better.   Hope the weather cooperates with your mowing.

Hi chessielady -- hope your DH had fun with the train, and you had some restful time in addition to cleaning.

All is well so far -- no issues with the plane, etc.  I have done a bunch of walking, and we are meeting in an hour or so.  

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is raining and was cool enough this morning to run the heat  Pepper was shivering so sydnie put a sweater on her and she has been sleeping with her blanket on her.

i finished organizing my clothes . It was not a lot of fun with my shoulders and arms hurting but I finished it.

i am trying to figure out is I want 2 long driving days and one short or if I should intersperse the shorter one in the middle.need to see how I feel after my infusion. 

Lunda..hope your trip is enjoyable. Glad the plane ride went smoothly. 

Claudia..hope r is feeling better...

Chessielady...sounds like your husband has fun with his rain adventures. 

Have re a great day.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad things are going well. Enjoy yourself.

Now for the Spot fiasco. Mid morning he was sleeping on the bed, rolled over for a belly rub. Meanwhile his 3 younger siblings were taking turns napping in the wheeled pet carrier.

When it was near time to leave I went to get him. Just then Griff started barking downstairs. Off ran Spot. I spent 20 minutes searching for him upstairs. For a 22+ pound cat he certainly can disappear. Rusty, the 9 year old orange mackerel tabby was available and I knew yearly shots were due so I put him in the carrier and off we went. No sense wasting an appointment.  Rusty yelled his outrage all the way to the vet then settled down.

If I get hold of Spot it's going to have to be a spur of the moment appointment.

Sorry you're hurting, Barbara. I'd make my final decision after the infusion. It's hard organizing clothes when you don't feel well. My parents Boston Terrier didn't appreciate cooler weather she always wanted covered up. One time their shepherd accidentally sat on her. she was hidden under the afghan. Poor fellow instantly lept up looking horrified.

No rain yet. It's 80°. chessielady, did you get your rain?

Super Contributor

WE got drizzle on and off during the night. Early  morning was pretty foggy so when I took the pups out for a run I put their bells on their collars. I have a ding ding bell and a dong dong bell. That way I can keep track of them if they get out of sight. They are whistle trained but I still like to know about where they are when I can't see them!

Youngest daughter has a 20+ pound cat. Her husband had to put in a dog door as the cat door got too small for her to squeeze thru! The cat boxes are in the basement. Daughter is down to just 5 cats now. She has two tripods and 3 regulars!!

My old fellow is yelping...he seems to be requiring an extra dog treat He gets very vocal some times with his demands. Guess I'd better go see to the request.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you are having pain, Barbara.  I used to like driving longer on the first days (three) and then have a shorter day at the end.  But, I always ended up exhausted, and I didn't have any pain issues.

Also sorry to hear about the Spot fiasco, Claudia.  

Glad you have a good system with your animals, chessielady.

Don't know why, but I'm pretty tired, and it is not even dinner time.  Very good tour in Santa Fe today. I called, and DH was doing fine.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

On reflection, Barbara, I would say it might be better to have the short day in the middle. It would give you a chance to relax.

Griff went to the groomers today and behaved very well they said. I picked up a few things at Wegmans., spent an hour or so home before driving back to get him. Lots of fluffy white fur throughout the car. Before R'sz bowling we went up to a car wash and vacuumed up all we could.

Good idea, chessielady to have bells on the pups and different ones at that. The pups at the bowling alley wear bells but stick around probably because of all the treats especially at senior bowling. The female specialities to hide toys and treats from her brother.

I'm guessing the 2 tripods get around quite well. My cats are upstairs. If it weren't for R leaving doors open and Griff trying to guard them I'd consider having the litter boxes in the cellar. They stay in ever since there was a problem of someone killing cats.

Your old fellow sounds like TT. He has become quite vocal demanding Griffyn move or wanting treats. Dr said he was out while I was gone as was the small pup next door (probably Pepper's size). They seemed to get along well through the fence. Griff probably would too but would try to guard him from TT.

Linda, I really enjoyed Santa Fe. I would have liked more time there. 

There were a gorgeous pair of tuxedo kittens at the groomers which is also a rescue. Very friendly and not intimidated by a large dog. However, right is enough.