Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of September 17

Barbara, I saw the picture of Pepper. Such a cutie. We have another sunny day with temperatures in the 80's. I did most of my errands earlier then we stopped at a local nursing home to see the leader of R's senior bowling team. She is the one who was in the accident with the semi. She broke about 20 bones. Shoulder, collarbone, elbow, 8 ribs, shattered her pelvis,- can't recall what else plus had a collapsed lung. In her mid 80's. Linda, we had one of the cabins at Mesa Verde. Our dinner was in the main dining room. I think breakfast and lunch were in the other. Glad your DH is doing well. That would be horrible to have to replace a garage floor, chessielady. I have not been pleased with the tree roots in our back yard. The neighbor behind us let trees grow along the back hands-on maple seeds that happened to land there. Some go under our garage. It was during a windstorm last year that part of one of the trees landed in our fence. They were out of town but when they got back they had it cleared up quickly. He's one of the local pediatricians. I imagine you have to watch the dogs carefully in the winter. Th doesn't mind getting wet but doesn't seem interested in swimming. I was told the female newfies have more of an interest. I hope you find a good airfare for London. I'd love to go back but we probably won't be able to.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening.  Hope your headache is gone now, Barbara.  I heard that it was very hot in unusual places today.  Hopefully, it will be oooler soon.

I never heard that name for chipmunks, chessielady.   They are pretty cute, but not if they are doing that sort of damage.  Interesting about your dogs and the water.

That was a nice trip you won, Claudia.   That is really something about the bowling team lady.  How horrible to have all those broken bones.  I remember the doctor saying that when you are older sometimes your bones never heal back to normal.   This was when my Mom fell and broke her wrist while chasing after our dog (she was dog sitting while we were on vacation in Italy).  Not fun.

Glad that I did not go on the walk/hike this morning.  It was pretty difficult according to those who went.  And, I don't think I would have gotten the phone call from the hospice nurse if I was down in the canyon.  Unfortunately, DH had another seizure this morning (while getting a shower.). He lost consciousness for a short while.   She went over, and his vitals were okay.  But, the doctor recommended an anti-seizure medicine (low dose).  I agreed after hearing the common side effects, etc.  I called his DD, and she thought it would be okay.  The nurse went back this evening, and he was doing okay -- had lunch, and was in bed.  But, they were going to get him up for dinner.

I was pretty upset, but I am trying to think positive.  The lectures were good this morning, and the trip into the canyon this afternoon was good, if pretty wild.  The vans bounced like crazy, and the wind was very high.  When we got out of the vans to look at things, the sand was blowing very hard.  We all got pretty coated with sand by the end.   There was a time to shower/wash up before dinner.  I'm really enjoying several others on the trip as well as the guide, etc.  Tomorrow we will be going on a jeep tour of Monument Valley, and they are trying to see if we can get some bandanas to help if the wind and sand will be an issue again.  Yikes!

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is going to be hotter here than in Phoenix.😍I am glad that we turned the ac on.

Sydnie has an all day dance thing and she has her first audition today. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

linda..I am so sorry to hear that Dh had another seizure. But you know he is in good hands. Try not yo worry too much..easier said than done. That sand must have been something else..

Claudia..hope your da goes well.

Chessie lady... your dogs sound very active...peppers favorite activity is running laps in the house.

i continue to feel better. Have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm sorry your DH had a seizure again and glad he is doing better. It's good to have a doctor in the family. Try not too worry - easier said than done. He's in good hands.  A bandana sounds like a good investment. Enjoy Monument Valley.

I hope Sydnie's audition goes well, Barbara. Our a.c. Is on too. It looks like we'll have this weather at least until Wednesday.

Tuesday I made reservations for afternoon tea at a cafe/tea shop. They call it an Anne of Green Gables Tea and are doing it through the end of the month.

Diana's favorite raspberry cordial

Scotland's favorite chicken salad on pineapple walnut bread

Anne's favorite baked asparagus with parmesan encrusted puffed sleeves

Matthew's scones with clotted cream and lemon curd

Breads

Gilbert Blythe's carrot bars

White Way of delight cream puffs

Served with Marilla's spiced plum tea

Can't wait.

Your dogs must love their runs and swims, chessielady. TT's idea of exercise is playing with Griff briefly then bumblebear heads in and goes between various sleeping places. I watch his food intake. At age 8 I don't want him overweight.

Last night 3 of the cats were at the stairway door and he enjoyed socializing with them while Griff was out. The stairs are way too steep for a newfie even one with good hips.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I can't believe the heat you have been having, Barbara.  Glad you continue to feel better.

The tea you are going to sounds like a lot of fun. Claudia.

It was another long, but interesting and fun day at Monument Valley.  I called DH's facility, and the caregiver said he was doing much better than yesterday.  Hopefully, that will continue.

I need to get up early tomorrow.  Some of the tour participants are flying out tomorrow, and they promised to get them to the airport at noon.  Then they will drop the rest of us back at the hotel.  Hope to do a bit of sightseeing tomorrow afternoon.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda