Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of October 6

I started the thread but apparently did not hit post.

A very unexciting day...made it to choir this morning..

Linda..I am enjoying your travelogue..looking forward to seeing pics,

Claudia..hope your day is good.

🥰🥰

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of October 6

Oops..posted it in community chat...it will disapprear

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you made it to choir, Barbara.

I went through the one bin I'd brought down from the attic, emptied it of the fall/winter clothes and filled it with summer clothes. I don't quite dare yet to try to carry it to the attic though.

Temperatures were in the 60's today. R helped get the garbage out and is walking Griffyn. Well see how that goes. I remembered to change the furnace filter. My big excitement for the day.

I too am looking forward to hearing about Linda's travels.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning.  We were on the bus much of yesterday (except for a break for a wonderful lunch (described on the other threat.).  Got here to Stresa fairly late, and then spent a little time walking along the lake and having dinner.  The internet just didn't work for me last night -- overload from too many guests, I think.

Anyway, I have taken very few pictures, so I am afraid there will be few to share.

We are taking a private boat to two islands today, and I know at least one (probably both) have lovely gardens.  Not sure if it will rain, which would be a drag.  It was pretty foggy/cloudy yesterday late afternoon.

Glad you made it to choir, Barbara, and you were able to get some of your cold weather clothes, Claudia.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Another good day -- nice weather, Good food, and interesting places. We took the private boat to two islands and saw some beautiful gardens and villas.

Having internet connection issues, so I am posting from my phone in the hotel lobby.

Hope to be able to post more tomorrow.

Hope both of you are doing okay.

Hugs,

Linda
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..another warm day.99 today, but it will be cooler by the end of the week.i am pretty achy again..But it is the nature of things.

m said they could have snowflakes on Thursday..yikes..

i finished one hat..it is a slouchy style and very cute. I am going to start the second one soon.

As always, your trip sounds fantastic...I wonder what aria you heard. Bocelli..Andre is a singer. You must be seeing some gorgeous scenery.

Claudia..hope r is doing ok...and you..please don’t do anything that would hurt your shoulder.

Have a wonderful rest of the day.🌻🌻

Respected Contributor

Sorry about the internet connection problems, Linda. I usually had trouble when we were overseas. It sounds like a great trip.

We had quite a bit of rain last night and it is cool again today. Griffyn refused to leave the porch until just now. The rain stopped this morning but he didn't want his feet wet. Finally he gave in. 

R took both dogs on short walks. Griffyn yesterday and Tippy this morning.

Barbara, a forecast I saw said snow is expected in M's area. I hope it doesn't amount to much. Sorry you are achy again. The slouchy hat sounds cute. What color did you choose?

I went up to the attic for a small bin I could slide down the stairs one handed. I was very cautious. I found a small amount of water atop of one bin and had R check it out. He's still deciding what to do.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, no time to post much, but I wanted to wish Barbara a Happy Birthday!  It is your birthday in Italy.

Hope to post later.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday,  Barbara.

Esteemed Contributor

Back from a lovely morning visit to an island (beautiful garden) and lunch.  When we left it was cloudy and chilly, but now the sun is out and it is warmer.  They are predicting rain for tomorrow.  We will be driving to another town, taking a boat to another island and then driving to Lake Como.  Hope there is no problem with the rain.

There was an optional lecture starting about now, but you had to stand and walk around, and I decided to skip that one.  At 5:00 there is another lecture, where we can sit down.  Then we will have dinner at the hotel.

Hope you aren't in pain and have a nice birthday, Barbara.  I'm sure you are busy again today, Claudia.  Hope it is a nice day.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs, 

Linda