Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of October 6

The Bocelli song was the first on on the Romznza album  --   Por Ti Volare, Con Te  Partiro.  One of the few CD's that I bought in a regular store.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@sydsgma1 

Image result for birthday flowers

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Awww.bernie, linda and claudia, thanks for the birthday greetings.

my kids sent texts..I am sure they will tonight. We are going out for a late lunch rather than dinner..of course, I may change my mind and do an early dinner..lol.

Linda..you are seeing some beautiful places..I love Bocellis voice..and do know what song that is. Thanks for the info. Continue to enjoy.

Claudia..is your shoulder any better.???are the pups behaving..Pepper will not go out in the rain. She has to physically taken out and has to be covered by an umbrella.lol.

M is worried that Sydnie is spending too much time on homework and checking to make sure that she has perfect scores. I told her that I am more than willing to talk to Syd.

enjoy your day.🎶🎶🎶

Respected Contributor

Fingers crossed you did not have to deal with rd son today, Linda. I would not have wanted to stand either.

Earlier the dogs were out while mowing was being done kittycorner to us. Surprisingly Griff only barked a couple times and that was when the rising mower was near the boundary fence. He just laid on the porch and watched.

R is at bowling. He decided 3 times a week was too much and have the required 2 week notice. He'll still do senior bowling and the Thursday bowling.

He hopes to be able to mow tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed your late lunch or early dinner, Barbara. Hopefully Sydnie's will be persuaded she does not need perfect scores.  My former roommate was the first in her family to attend college. First semester she got a 4.0 average. She felt she had to keep it up and would study 40 hours for a test. No exaggeration. She missed out on so many activities and really regretted it later.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi from cool and rainy Como. It has rained all day. We took a bus to a boat and visited a couple of islands on the way here. The hotel is near the Lake, but it is so cloudy you can barely see it. It should be nicer tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed your birthday lunch/dinner yesterday, Barbara. My DGD and youngest DGS both were very concerned about getting straight "A's". I think he is better now, and she is slightly better. What a contrast with their Mother. LOL. Hope you and M convince Syd that it isn't wise to concentrate so much on perfection. Glad R decided to cut back on bowling, Claudia. It is funny that the dogs were not so crazy about the mowing. My SIL's car had to go into the shop last week, and is back in there now. Hopefully, it will be repaired soon and the cost will be minimal. DD's car was in yesterday or the day before, and she is having to deal without having a car. Not a happy camper. Fortunately, the boys have helped out with picking up needed groceries and medications. But, she can't go to the gym, etc. So far, the food has been wonderful, but I know I'm eating way too much. Oh well..... Despite the rain, we were able to see a very interesting church on a small island today -- very old frescos, etc. I still haven't purchased anything but food and postcards, but I know I'll be tempted here in Como. Scarves don't take up much space, and I know they have lovely scarves. But, I have so many already. I have also decided to bring back a couple of food items if I find some I like and don't take up too much room. Hope both of you have a nice day and evening. Hugs, Linda
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is still hot here..95 today. I am reorganizing a bit today..

land that is my excitement. 

I had had a nice birthday..face timed all of the kiddos...my dear friend, whose husband just died gave me a cd they had recorded. They were professional singers and I will treasure it. She is struggling but has a lot os support from friends and church.

Linda...I do hope your weather clears up tomorrow. When we were in sorrnto, I splurged a on a small leather purse that I still love to this day. You deserve a treasure from your travels. I hope Syd settles down with her obsessionabout grades...I do not want her to miss out on things because of it. Sorry to hear about all of the car repairs. 

Claudia..r made a smart move to give up one of his bowling times.hope you are doing ok.

M caught Pepper finishing up syds Apple and tomato juice from breakfast. She forgot to put it up.,

i am going ing to make some banana bread as soon as v clears out of the kitchen.

v 3 said they could have a major snow storm starting Thursday night.,yikes.

enjoy..🤩🤩

Respected Contributor

It's a shame it rained all day, Linda. I hope tomorrow's weather is much better. I agree with Barbara. Buy something you love and squeeze it into your luggage.

I hope your DD gets her car back soon.

I was surprised to find Aldi's will deliver locally. I may just try it out.

We had an email on the bathroom remodel that we're "penciled in" for December 17. I'm not thrilled about the delay. I had half expected November instead of October. 

What a wonderful gift, Barbara. I'm sure you'll treasure it. At least Pepper was eating healthy. Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

That was certainly a lovely birthday gift, Barbara.  I hope it isn't that hot when I get back to Arizona.  It is usually a bit cooler where I live, but I was hoping it would be cooler by mid October.  I may buy something, but there has been no chance to shop so far -- they keep us hopping.

Today turned out sunny and a bit warmer.  The local guide was good and funny, and he will be with us tomorrow.  We will be going by boat to a couple places, having lunch out, etc.  Hope the weather is as nice as today.   

That is very disappointing about the renovation, Claudia.  I am afraid the workers may end up postponing even later due to the holidays.  Hope not, but.....

The lady I am hanging out with the most is close to my age (a little younger), but has been a widow for 14 years so so, and she has had a hip replacement and knee replacement, so she gets pretty tired with the longish walks, But, she keeps pushing on as well as she can.  

DD and my SIL have their cars back, which makes her happy.

Hope both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we played bridge this morning..it was good to see everyone we was there. I made another grocery store run..there were several good sales..I do not plan on going for a week..lol

sydnie has conferences today..her math teacher said she was too advanced for his class so he is going to request that she be moved into the next level up.. all of her teachers love her and she is doing very well?

it is cooler today..high might be 88 Linda, it may still be pretty warm when you get back.

Claudia..hope you get the renovation straightened out..we had such a happy rriboe time with our downstairs bathroom..as you recall.

i have no words about the current status of our country. 

Enjoy your day..I have felt pretty good today.🌸🌸

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was quite warm this afternoon. 85° when I checked earlier.

The VA has decided to re-evaluate R's rating again. They set up a telephone interview for next week. R told them he is back on the Lupron shots for life or until they no longer work. After lunch we stopped at the urologist's office to have them fax the documentation. We won't know about the bladder cancer till November.

I certainly hope there's no further delays with the bathroom remodel.

Linda, I'm glad you had better weather today and hope it stays that way.  I'm sure your DD is very happy both cars are back and running. 

It's good you have a tour friend to do things with. On our tour of Scotland a woman accompanied by her husband  kept telling us they were only taking the tour because it went places others didn't and that they were used to much more active tours. She looked at me and another woman with canes and commented that on one tour she offered a woman money and a private chauffeur if she'd leave because she would hold them up. I was so shocked I didn't comment at the time but kept well away from her and made sure I held no one up. Fortunately there were more congenial people in the tour group.

Barbara, I'm not surprised to hear that about Sydnie. When R accompanied me to the grocery we always end up with more and go for frequently. He believes I waiting till we run out. I prefer to get things before we run out. After all when you grow up with a mother who was so we'll known for running out of toilet paper that the Canadians brought their own when visiting you learn to plan ahead.