Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of October 28

Good afternoon..I worked our coffee cafe this morning..I was on my feet for over 2 hours so I am recuperating. Lol...I have a potluck lunch with the church choir tomorrow so needed to get the things for my calico bean recipe.

Sydnie said heraudition was fine yesterday..now will wait to hear.  The owners of her acting studio are friends with her agent. M said they told her agent that she needed to get more things for Sudnie because there are other agents very interested in her. Syds headshot is now on their Wall of Fame....

Linda , hopefully your financial advisor will find some good places for your gift. I would love to see a pic of your grands..as I recall your dgd is very pretty. I am restricted with wahat I am post on FB by syds current status. I think those graduated living places are the way to go but they are very pricey...we are not ready to sell everything at this point in time.

Claudia..hope r is feeling better today..v got very tired sitting all day yesterday so he is sleeping a bit today. 

Pepper is not not too thrilled about her carrying case..I am working on it with her.

have a very good day.😍😍

Respected Contributor

I imagine Pepper is not thrilled in the least, Barbara. That's a long time to be on your feet. Recuperation is definitely needed. I hope V is fee better after sleep.

TT got his shots updated today. My purse calendar said 10  am appointment. The wall calendar said 11am. Turned out it was 10 am. We just made it. Once home I had to have R persuade him in. A rear foot slid off the step and he laid down. When R came out TT climbed back in the car. It took a lot of persuading to get the 193 pounder in.

I went back to the vet this afternoon because the kitten had problems. Finally back home again with medicine.

Linda, I echo what Barbara said of your dgd.

Esteemed Contributor

I think two hours on your feet would be difficult for most of us, Barbara.  Hope you have recuperated.  Also hope Syd gets some work, and Pepper adjusts.  DD told me that some of my grands (can't remember which) do not want their photos on FB.  I'd love to post the picture, but I didn't ask for permission so far.

I think those types of facilities are really a good idea as well, Barbara.  But, I don't like the idea of moving from a house where I don't pay any rent, etc., into a place that costs quite a bit per month plus the initial lease fee.  And, your heirs only get 70% of the money you put down on the lease.   Also, she is moving from a 1,500 square foot house to an apartment that is about half that size.  I realize that might be necessary at some point, but I am not ready yet.  She is older than me, so I may well feel differently when I get older.

Glad you made it on time for TT's appointment, Claudia.  Sorry you had to go back for the kitten.  Your furbabies really keep you busy.

My financial adviser sent a form to me to transfer the whole amount of DH's DD's gift, and I decided just to go ahead.  She will put the money into a bond fund. I decided that  I can use the life insurance money to pay for the Italy trip.  

I had an OLLI class this morning, and then went to the hardware store to get a new toilet seat that was on sale.  Turned out the sale one wasn't very nice, so I ended up buying one at the regular price -- only three or four dollars more for much better quality.  Later I went to two grocery stores to get produce, etc.  I have been doing a little cooking this afternoon.  Nothing exciting.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I had choir practice for our Christmas concert at church and then there was a welcome back potluck my section was responsible for set up and clean up so I was on my feet for a bit. V is at his bridge tournament...

pepper was ghappy to see me.

Syd has a gshion shoot audition tomorrow for some high end clothing. Her agent was very specific in what she is to wear so m has to go shopping.  I am waiting pics of potential outfits.

Linda..read where you were going to a memorial service today. The weather is beaurifil here.  Yikes on dds micrwave exploding. That happened to one of mine when it was pretty old.

Claudia...good for you for keeping yiur dogs up to date on shots..I wonder how many people here do because I rarely see any tags if they have collars on. Pepper is very up to date.

nothing else to share..have a good rest of the day.

az never changes time but I need to remind m

😘😘

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon!  I'm back from the memorial service and lunch for the husband of the lady in my caregivers group who is moving next month.  The service was very good, and two of their children spoke.  I did not intend to stay for lunch, but several of the other caregivers were there, and we filled a table.  The lunch was very nicely done. 

One of the ladies who had always gone to the Catholic church had started going that church lately, and I was interested in her impressions.  I am sort of debating a change, but I have never gone to a Lutheran church except for a not too good experience with vacation bible school as a child.  Also, this church is not nearby.  I may try one of their services someday.

As I mentioned .on the other thread, DD's microwave blew up yesterday evening.  Fortunately, no fire, etc., but not good.  She said the popcorn was fine before this happened.  Another unexpected expense, but at least they were not hurt or anything.

Just had a call from one of my bookclub buddies, and another lady in the club just lost her husband.  He was still working down in Mexico and had  stroke.  They got him up to a hospital in Tucson, but it was too late.  Getting old is the pits.

Hope both of you are having a nice day and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

ETA --- Oops, I missed your post, Barbara.  My dogs were always up-to-date with their vaccinations, etc, but I am not sure that I put tags on them. Perhaps that is the case with others, at least I hope so.  Also hope Syd gets the fashion job.  Good that she is at least getting some chances to audition.

Respected Contributor

The dogs get several shots but the only for which a tag is given is the rabies shot.

Yesterday while TT was getting his shots, R loaded Griff into the Chevy and picked up breakfast burritos for the two of them. He then stopped at the pt place to sign up for use of their equipment. He forgot that Griff squeezes up front and out the door. So there he was beside a 4 lane road with Griff trotting around the car. Luckily he was able to grab the leash. Good thing I didn't hear about it till after the fact.

It's too bad about the lady in the bookclub's husband. Getting older is no fun.

We never had a microwave blow up but our 1st one started running when the door was open one day. The one thing I dislike in the microwaves we've had is that rotating glass plate. Somehow it gets off kilter and I can never get it back in place. I'm glad no one was hurt at your DD's, Linda.

Best wishes for Sydnie and her audition, Barbara. I hope M finds the needed clothing.

Kitten is now eating. However she prefers eating off a plastic spoon and prefers canned food to dry.