Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of October 27

Good morning..it should get into the lower 80s today..

my kind of weather..cool at night and warm in the day with beautiful blue skies.

i went to the bank and then did my big shopping for the month. I spent a little more but there were some very reasonable items that I need for thanksgiving. Last year I could find no cheap white bread for dressing, so I bought some today. I am now recuperating...all of the hauling and putting away was difficult today. I will sit for a while.

Syd did not go out last night..m took her to get a flu shot instead..😖😖Lol.

Linda..I have no Halloween type shirts but I bet you looked cute. Has your dgd found out anything about her hearing. 

Claudia..I had few linea turtlenecks when I worded, but find them too warm for here. I did not realize there were none this year. Anytime I am tempted to buy, I go gaze at my closet.

it looked like there was some bad weather out East.hope your trip is ok today.

Have a good day.🍁🍁

Esteemed Contributor

Hope your drive today went well, Claudia.  Also hope R's acupuncture went okay.  I didn't realize that about the turtlenecks, but I am disappointed.  Seems they did go overboard with buying jewelry rather than clothes.  Oh well.....

DD said that the storm last night kept her awake -- nasty, but they did have some trick or treaters.  Other nearby areas lost power and had more problems.  

Glad you got your big shopping done, Barbara, and hope you can rest for a while.  No word on the results of DGD's test yet, but at least the new phone and headphones are helping her with the conference calls.  I didn't realize that her job was in jeopardy due to the problem with conference calls.  Her employer insisted that she  provide a doctor's note, which she could not do until the test was completed, and she could show the problem.  

Sorry Syd got a flu shot rather than going out last night -- at least I am sympathetic.  I guess she is growing up and might not do the regular trick or treating next year.  Lots of people have fun parties.

Our weather is like yours, Barbara.  Should make it to 80 degrees today, and cool at night.  A little too cool at night for me, but.....  The house is starting to feel pretty cool, and not warming up that much during the day.  It was 66 when I came home from exercise this morning, which I thought was chilly.  So, I'm wearing a sweater.

Exercise class this morning went pretty well -- this is a sort of aerobic/strength class followed by chair yoga.  No class next week due to church plans (our class is held at a church).

I plan to go to the grocery store(s) today -- mostly for produce, and a DVD is ready for pick-up at the library.  

The Halloween shirt I wore was one that I had purchased for DH a couple of years ago since this facility was big on Halloween parties.  I kept it since it was only worn once.  It is quite large on me, but fine over a black turtleneck.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's a good idea to sit back and recuperate, Barbara. You did a lot today. Sydnie's and flu shot instead of trick or treating. Lol. Now that she's older she's probably not that interested in going out.

No snow here though we did see some snow on other vehicles. The CT scan was to check the nodule on R's lung. I'm the way to the VA we stopped at a farm store that has started carrying raw milk. It's too far to drive usually unless we're on our way to the VA and it's the day they receive their order. I also picked up bread and Amish butter. I here a market close to home may start offering the milk.

We made it back in time for R's acupuncture appointment but are both tired. Not looking forward to doing this again next Friday with R's dental appointment and then the acupuncture. I'd reschedule his dental but it takes months to get another appointment. My shoulder aches but that's most likely because I drove back from the VA to the house before R drove to the local clinic.

Our temperature stayed in the mid 30's today.

Linda, I'm glad the new phone and headphones are helping your DGD. Hope things work out with her employer. Asking for medical verification may be due to the ADA.

There have been many complaints about the lack of whisper knit reorders this year. Hopefully that means they'll be back next year. The turtlenecks are my favorite. I can't stand my neck being cold.

Tippy was good today. No chewed up slip cover throw.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..our closet friends here are back from Oregon so I am having dinner tonight. It is an easy one..stuffed peppers are in the crockpot and I will make a side salad with cake for dessert. Other than that I am not too productive today.

Linda..I think you will enjoy your trip next fall..that part of Utah is beautiful but very crowded.you are smart to go on a tou.

my blowout tops arrived and for the very cheap prices, they are quite nice. And they fit because I ordered my current smaller size 😎

Claudia..those trips to the va must be exhausting. Glad you found your milk...is the acupuncture helping r??

Linda I did not realize that dgd had serious hearing issues. Is she going to try and get accommodations under ada??

have a good rest of thecday. 🍁🍁🌻🌻

Esteemed Contributor

Those VA trips do sound exhausting, Claudia.  Glad you have a new source for the milk, and hope things are going okay today.

Glad you are having dinner with your friends, Barbara.  Dinner sounds nice.  Happy the tops worked for you.  I still haven't received the pants I ordered during the blowout special.  They may come this week, but I think the Q is having shipping issues.

DGD is doing better with the new phone and headphones.  If this isn't sufficient, hopefully they will come up with a solution to her problem.  If nothing can be done, she will probably try to get some accommodation, but that may not be necessary.

A lady at the hairdresser was talking about a trip to Utah and how lovely, but crowded it was there.  I think the tour will be able to help us avoid some of the crowds (they certainly try).  Although I guess I could try doing this on my own -- just getting there and going on day trips or whatever, I really like the extra educational benefits you get through the Road Scholar tours, plus I like meeting my fellow tourists.  As I mentioned on the other thread, I can change my mind and go overseas, but I think this may be the way to go.  I will have more time to save for the more expensive trips, etc.  My ex and I used to go to Italy every other year, and do domestic or Canadian trips on the "off" year.

My hospice patient was doing pretty well, but she was coughing -- this is new, according to her son.  Hopefully, nothing serious.  They are very nice people.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Enjoy tonight's dinner, Barbara. I'm glad the tops are keepers.

The acupuncture does help. It doesn't relieve all the pain but does make a big difference. These are little pins. 5 in each ear.

Linda, we enjoyed the part of our national parks tour that was in Utah. With a tour crowds shouldn't be a problem.

I'm glad your DGD is doing better and your hospice patient was doing ok.

We had breakfast out before doing a few errands.later when I left R home he saw an item for his collection and ordered it. I'm not happy about it as it was more money than I was comfortable with given the bathroom remodel and saving for the porches but it's spent. He called it his Christmas present to himself to make sure he got what he wanted.. Humpf. 

I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight. The cats don't believe in sleeping in and gaining an extra hour of sleep in the morning with the time change.