Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of November 11

Good morning..we sang a beautiful anthem this morning. I have to go back in a while for the veterans service., those tend to be very long...

M said the air quality is so bad that no one should be outside and kids need to wear masks. They have all,of the windows shut and the ac running. Sydnie said she wats to come here.she will on Saturday. 

Linda, I think bestbuy might be able to destroy those drives for you.,I have hammered discs a few times..in a plastic bag and I had onneye protection. It was not too hard to do.

Claudia..hope the medication kicks in soon for R.,

enjoy your day..it will be in the low 70s for the next few days. 🌺🌺

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of November 11

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  They are certainly having a difficult and tragic time in CA.  Even where the fires aren't an issue the smoke, etc. seems to be affecting many.  I don't blame Syd for wanting to come to Arizona.  Good that she will be on Saturday.  We are expecting highs in the 60's or low 70's and lows in the upper 30's and 40's  this week.  Not bad for November, I guess.  But, I do like it a bit warmer.  

We had a nice Veteran's Day service at church today, but there is not a special one later.  Hope your special service is not too long.

I will try smashing the external hard drives at some point.  While Best Buy might do it for me, I am a bit reluctant to leave it with them without making sure it is done properly.   I had smashed some regular hard drives before taking old computers up to them a couple of years ago.

Hope that R's medicine helps, Claudia.  Also, the one for the kitten.  The vanilla smell is nice, but I keep thinking there is some sort of delicious baked good there, which there is not.  I did make some apples with cinnamon and vanilla in the crock pot, but it is not the same.  LOL  

I'll be going to the gym soon.  Nothing exciting planned, so maybe I'll try to do some more work on the big storage unit/bookcase later today.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

You've had a long day, Barbara. The CA fire situation is terrible. I hope it gets controlled soon. I'm sure Sydnie is looking forward to Saturday.

Today has been uneventful. R did not wish to go out for a dinner so I picked up gyros at Arby's. It is dark here now so feels later than it actually is. I just remembered Griff's medicine is ready for pickup at WM. Oh well, it will have to wait till tomorrow.

When I brought R his morning pills I tripped over TT. Luckily I didn't land on him. I'm a bit sore though as I twisted trying to avoid him.

Maggie Mae wants to be with the big cats but I want to be sure her eye is better. Now that she feels well she's very quick on her feet.

I agree Linda that apples and cinnamon are not the same as baked goods.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is supposed to make it to the 60's today, but was only 35 degrees when I went for my walk.  Not nearly as cold as elsewhere, but I didn't like it one bit.  I had strong bones class this morning, and I have my grief group and bookclub later.  

My work on the cabinet is pretty much done except for a lot of shredding.  I ended up in tears a few times sorting through things, but I guess that is normal.  I want to go back and look at pictures and some of the documents.  DH saved a lot of stuff in duplicate or more, but I was interested in some of his correspondence, etc.  He told me some of what had happened when they were living in Paris, but I was interested in what he said/thought at the time.

Hope you have Griff's medicine by now, Claudia.  DD was telling me Wal-Mart was so crowded on Saturday she could not find a parking place.  It was better on Sunday.  Hope you are not too sore after tripping over TT, and R is doing okay today.  

Also hope you are doing okay, Barbara.  The fires in CA just seem to get worse and worse.  Very sad.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I had my port flush this morning..it is a 30 minute drive to the hospital so I was gone for most of the morning.  Just finished cleaning the floors..I have some knitting to work on.

plus I am doing a sectional for the women in our choir tomorrow so I have music to get into my brain Nd fingers. 

Just got got a notice about our weeds,..I called the office and asked if they had the correct house because there are none in our yard. This place has changed so much sine it was bought bu a big corporation.. yikes.

Linda..although it was sad going through the bookcase I am sure you found some interesting things about Dh. It is chilly here..I am dressed in layers..and I saw people in shorts and tank tops when it was 60 this morning.

there is nothing on the q that interests me too much anymore.

Claudia..hope your day is going well.

Enjoy.😘😘

Respected Contributor

Linda, it's perfectly normal to have tears while going through personal papers. I still have a bin of mother and dad's papers I haven't been able to bring myself to look at.

It was cold much of the day and we may get snow overnight. Now that it's dark I remembered i forgot to get a shovel out of the garage. On the plus side I did pick up ice melt (the pet safe kind). I also picked up Griffyn's prescription. The Wal-Mart price has decreased. It was $24 and is now $10.

Maggie Mae kitten is very fast on her feet. She dashed out of the spare room earlier and ran under the bed in the bedroom. Then she popped out and hissed at Rusty. I retrieved her and she's back in the spare room. Now that she's eating it seems she's growing overnight.  She is constantly underfoot any time I'm in the spare room.

You've had a busy day, Barbara. Smh over the notice about the weeds.

Esteemed Contributor

That is pretty weird about the weeds, Barbara.  Sounds like they are rather disorganized.  I just received a notice that the head of our homeowners association had to go back to Canada due to her husband's health, and she does not know when or if she will return.  He has been in poor health for as long as I have known him, but it is still pretty sad.  Also, I feel very badly for her.  I do hope she will return at some point, but......

I guess you have another busy day planned, Barbara.  DH's DD called yesterday evening and said the smoke was pretty bad in the Oakland area, but her family was still not wearing masks, etc.  Such a tragic loss of life and property in CA.

Hope you didn't get too much snow, Claudia.  Also hope all is well with R and your furbabies.  It seems you don't ever have a dull moment.

I'm back from the senior lunch program and headed to the gym next.  It is still cooler than normal (37 when I took my walk and highs expected to be in the low 60's at best).  The wind really bothered me, particularly when I was in the shade.  It should warm up later in the week.  Those people in shorts and tank tops in this weather leave me shaking my head, Barbara.  But, I guess they aren't too cold.  

The lunch went pretty well, and I agreed to help out next Wednesday when we will have a Thanksgiving celebration.

Today is oldest DGS' birthday -- 25 years old -- yikes!  He is working, but did e-mail me back earlier.  Very nice guy.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..yes it was a busy day ..cards and choir. I gave myself my biological injection and have a not nice headache.🤕

m called last night..Syd has to be in la on the 5th for fittings and m will be in MN.  I have points to cover everything so I am going to take her. Will stay ay the Westin by the airport and use Uber if we need to go anywhere. She has another audition tomorrow..things are coming fast and furious..lol.

Linda..I am sure his dd will treasure those papers. Amie has everything from my family because she is the family historian.  Happy birthday to your dgs..you were a young grandmother.

Claudia..hope you did not get too much snow.that kitten sounds adventurous...

have a a good evening.

i turned the heat on..it was 64 in the house...brrrr🥶

Respected Contributor

It started snowing around supper time tonight. I decided it was time to get the shovels out of the garage. It's not an attached garage and I didn't want to wait till it really snowed. R is at bowling and I just finished vacuuming downstairs. I told the dogs no more shedding. Not exactly an exciting day.

What a great find for your DH'S daughter, Linda. I hope eldest gs has a great birthday. It's hard to believe he's 25. Time certainly moves quickly.

Things certainly are moving along quickly for Syd. It's good you have all those points, Barbara. Sorry about the headache.

The kitten is adventurous to say the least. Now that she has gained weight she looks more her age which is approximately 5 months.

64° is chilly. I usually set the thermostat at 72°. If prefer 68° but the tips of my fingers get cold and painful. No fingerless gloves for me.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I made a quick grocery store run..will do more on Friday before my California kids arrive. It is chilly here..I need to check the heat..I do not like being cold so I may turn it to 70. In Mn we keep it at 72..that keeps us pretty comfortable.

nothing exciting..my headache os lingering. My goal today is to finish the bedroom..just need to put things away. I also need to practice my solo and knit. If my headache flares, I will not knit because I make mistakes.

hope you are having a good day.😘😘