Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 28

Good Sunday afternoon..I an cleaning the floors in stages, v has vacuumed and I am mopping one room at. Time.,I have a Bona mop, which is very easy to use,.

Bingo has returned on a reduced basis, so I decided that it would be fun to play.,

Linda, I saw yiur post about a new washing machine. The best machine is speed Queen ..very highly rated.  I have an LG top loader that I bought a couple of years ago that I am happy with.,Good luck on that search.

Claudia..hope your day is good.

Vyrns brother, who is a drivers Ed teacher is working with Sydnie this afternoon.they live about 1and 1/2 miles south of her. 

I have the house open..it is 82 here. 
🌵🌵🌵🌈

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 28

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It is warm here, but I don't think it made it to 80 degrees today.  Also, pretty windy out.  I have the doors open, but only one or two windows due to the wind and lack of screens on a few of them.

Thanks for the information about washers, Barbara.  I'm still hoping that I don't need to replace it now, but it may be necessary.  I heard that Speed Queen is good, but there are not many places in the area that sell them.  I found one in Tucson, and they said they would deliver for $49.00.  No prices are listed on their website.  

Glad you are able to work on the floors.  I used to enjoy Bingo a lot.  Not sure if I mentioned it, but my SIL's office had a bingo game (via Zoom) last Thursday evening (I think), and he signed DD up to play.  She enjoyed it very much.  Hope Syd's driving lesson went well.

The battle over masks has already started in this area.  Some restaurants and stores are still requiring them, but others are not.  And, one person on the neighborhood bulletin board walked out of a restaurant because they required masks.  Apparently, it is the policy of their whole neighborhood, so he is starting a campaign to have the requirement lifted.  What a mess.

My friend Jo Ann finally called me, and she seems to be doing pretty well.  They had a special Jewish dinner at her facility last night (many of the residents are Jewish), and she really enjoyed it.   Things are still not back to normal as far as visitors go in her facility.

Hope you and R are doing okay today, Claudia, and both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I've heard good things about Speed Queen too, Linda. I will consider that brand if I need to replace our current washer at some point. I think our current washer is a Whirlpool. We've had it 8 years. Top loader, no center agitator. No fancy settings.

It's cool today and has been very windy off and on. I moved R's pawpaw trees back into the garage as the overnight low may reach 30°. It's too soon to know if they made it through the winter in the garage.

R isn't feeling well today and has been coughing quite a bit. Wednesday his lungs were clear. I'm not sure they are now. Fingers crossed he will feel better tomorrow. I'm glad your friend Jo Ann is doing pretty well.

It's nice Sydney has someone with driver's ed teaching experience to help her, Barbara.

It appears the reunion committee for R's military is still trying to drum up numbers so they can hold it. I'm not sure they will be successful even with more people receiving the vaccine.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon..this is a quick post.book club starts in a half hour.  I just got back from a ultrasound of my abdomen. I am getting a very thorough work up.

Bingonwas very good for us last night,  v won a game and won $32 . I won the blackout for $200.  What a shock!!!

but I am not complaining,

most stores here are requiring masks and I would say 90% are compliant, medical offices are very diligent.

it is a perfect day her weather wise.

I need to run, hope yiur day is going well.🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sorry R wasn't feeling well yesterday, Claudia.  Hope they figure things out about the reunion.  I think a lot of people are reluctant to make travel plans at this point.  

That is great about bingo, Barbara.  Hope you enjoy your bookclub.  Also hope your medical tests provide some helpful information.  I think many places around here are still requiring masks, but not all.  

I contacted the one store that sells Speed Queen (up in Tucson), and I asked for their recommendations for a long-lasting, simple washing machine.  They recommended a GE model, which does look good.  It has a very good warranty, and if it lasts 25 years, that may well be well beyond my lifetime.  I mentioned Speed Queen, but perhaps they didn't have one that fit my criteria.  The downside is that this washer is quite expensive, even on sale (which it is supposed to be at this time).  I'm not rushing into the purchase until I give the washer another chance.  

Youngest DGS has decided not to move out -- very long story, but they are re-arranging the house so that he can come in and out of the basement door without disturbing them.  His bedroom will still be upstairs, but if he comes in late, he can just stay in the basement.  And, he can be noisy without bothering DD and my SIL.  Musical chairs as far as the rooms go, but they seem happy.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I have a Walmart pick-up soon.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- DD said DGD contacted the doctor, and she will have a telephone visit on Thursday to discuss her test results.

Respected Contributor

Wow, Barbara, bingo was very good to you. It sounds as if you're getting a thorough workup medically.

I really don't think It's reunion is feasible this year. We'll see what they decide. R was feeling better this morning but not as the day went on. I found out today my 2nd vaccine was rescheduled to one day earlier.

All the appliances seem to have gone up in price. Hopefully your current washer will keep working for a while. I'm glad youngest DGS decided to wait a while before moving out. It's good the house can be rearranged so he can go in and out without disturbing the rest of the family.

The bad news today was that the contractor who was going to replace the porches can no longer do so due to a back injury. So we are searching for another. He recommended one and I called and left a message. If no call back by Wednesday we'll search some more. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about the contractor, Claudia.  In order for this new arrangement to work, DD wants the basement door repaired or replaced.  It lets all the drafts in, plus DGS would like to have it keyed so that he can come in directly rather than from the garage or front door.

Anyway, she was thrilled to get the contractor on the phone.  He is busy, but no more health issues, so he plans to come by this week or next.  Hope you find a contractor soon.

I heard from the appliance company, and they gave me a second choice for the washer.  It happens to be the one DD has, and the price is much better.  However, like many other washers, it comes with a one year warranty (rather than 5 years like the first one), and it has a shorter expected life -- only 8-10 years.  I could buy an extended warranty for another $139.  Decisions, decisions.   

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope both of you have had a nice day.  As you may have read on the other thread, I decided on the more expensive GE washer, and I will get it on the 10th.  I could have had it a little sooner (on the 7th), but I was nervous about possible reactions to the second COVID shot the day before.  Hopefully, by Saturday any reactions will be gone.  It turned out to be not quite as expensive as originally quoted, so the difference in price between the two washers was not great.

Nothing at all exciting going on here.  I have been doing some more cooking -- I have so many vegetables it isn't even funny.  But, it is healthy, and I am trying to come up with creative ways to eat them.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Did Syd take her driver's test yet, Barbara?  

Respected Contributor

I'm glad their was not such a big difference in price between the washers as you originally thought, Linda. I probably would have picked the one that you picked.

No call back yet from the recommended contractor. Tomorrow we will make a list and start calling others.

R is feeling better today which is a relief.. My 2nd shot is the 7th and I hope to have some easy meals set up for the next day or so just in case.

I had ordered a Linea necklace. Unfortunately something totally different arrived instead. Back it went within the hour. The necklace of course is no longer in stock.

I hope you've had a good day, Barbara.

Today was sunny and warm but colder weather is coming tomorrow. We may have the wind again. Hope the snow misses us. I haven't dared put the shovels away yet.

Respected Contributor

I am late in posting...but had errands to run this morning and then spent part of the afternoon at the pool which was delightful. The water was warm and the hot tub helped my achy jo8nts.

supper is stuffed peppers in the crockpot.

Sydnie failed her test for the second time. M felt she was set up to fail because she had to do one part of the cours z4 times and that is when she failed. M did cal,the dmv at the state level and filed a complaint  The supervisor she talked to had access to syds test and said that she should not have failed. My bil,,the driving instructor suggested getting out of the cities so m has booked her in a small town anout an hour away.

Linda..I am sure you will like yiur washer., I get the extended warranty on appliances.  Enjoy your vegetables. Lol Our house had access to the basement from the garage door into the house. Sounds like s good solution for yiur dgs.

Claudia..hope you can find a new contractor  that print got small lol.

Tomorrow, I have my 3-4 hour iron infusion Arghh., d

Claudia..did r have those infusions???

Sleep well 😴😴