Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 24

What a help Syd is, Barbara. She's probably more motivated to organize someone else's stuff than her own.

We're back from the VA and tired. The reviewer was surprised the appointment wasn't scheduled for yesterday since we already had that appointment.

Linda, congratulations on your DGD's new job. I bet she's excited. The other possibility doesn't sound like a good choice. Limiting your walking is probably a good idea.

Griff can be trusted but Tip definitely needs crated. She's at that wild and crazy puppy stage. She woke me up early needing to go out. R didn't hear her so downstairs I crept, let them out (a fenced yard is a beautiful thing), got them back in, crated Tip and went back to bed. I was lucky enough to get another hour of sleep.

Tomorrow Tip gets her last set of shots. R has or and I pick up the farm milk.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am sitting in the Az room doing some prep for Sydnies schooling. I do not havea copy of her geography book so and getting a months worth of work ready.

i have my choir potluck for our retiring director later and then rehearsal afterwards. 

V is going to look at ms car when Syd gets done with her math test. I just made. Reservation for him to fly back on Tuesday. 

Today is not not a good day but I am pushing through. I call these dragon days.

Sams

Linda..sounds as if you had a great time shopping at Costco...I have not been tyere for a while..v prefers sams so I let him do that.Glad dgd got her job...hope it is a better experience for her.hope your knee continues to improve as you rest it. 

Claudia..good luck with the crazy puppy stage. There is a 9 month old standard poodle at the dog park who is absolutely wild. 

I may may turn the ac on later today.

enjoy.🎈🎈🎈

Esteemed Contributor

I guess you need to give Tip time to get through the crazy puppy stage, Claudia.  Hope things go okay with her shots, etc. today.  Glad you were able to get back to sleep after putting the dogs out and in.  That is a very difficult task for me -- it takes most of an hour to get back to sleep and then it is time to get up.  Yuck!

Sorry you are not feeling great today, Barbara.  Hope the pot luck and choir practice go well.  It is pretty warm outside, but still cool in the house.  Sounds like you had quite a lot of work to do on Syd's geography lessons.  I love my "Arizona room" --- do you enjoy yours a lot?  

I'm back from the gym and doing okay.  The luncheon today was quite early, and I enjoyed the company.  The food was a bit of a disappointment.  Next time, I will stick with pizza rather than a calzone.  I used to make them, so I have an idea of how I like them to taste.  This one was okay, but no nearly as good as those I used to make.  I'm looking forward to eating in Italy next fall -- hope the food is as good as I remember from years ago.

Nothing exciting planned for the rest of the day.  I have decided that I will do some cleaning in the evening.  Sort of unusual for me, but I have a problem with staying awake if I'm just reading or watching TV without walking or exercising.  Since I am trying to cut back on the walking, I was thinking that cleaning would be good -- keep me awake.  Since I live alone, it isn't going to bother anyone.  We will see how this works.  I know my energy level is lower, so.....

There are no Sam's Clubs anywhere near here, and the COSTCO is not all that close, but better.  I have belonged to both -- years ago for Sam's, and I don't have a strong preference for one over the other, but the less driving the better as far as I am concerned.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry today is not a good day for you, Barbara. I hope you're not too tired after the potluck and practice.

Today was warmer - 55°. R had an early pt appointment which the VA authorized locally. The therapist feels a muscle is part of the problem and also believes he has a hernia. Later I had R ride up to the vet. Tip is too big for our largest crate yet doesn't fit into her harness for car travel yet. I didn't want to drive and had a puppy climbing all over. Thank goodness she doesn't get car sick like Griff did.

She weighs in at 38 pounds. I saw on FB that one brother is almost 50 pounds and a sister 29 pounds. At 38 pounds she's right in the middle. I hope to schedule both dogs for grooming next week.

I too have a difficult time getting back to sleep, Linda. Sorry The food at the luncheon was disappointing. Fingers crossed the food in Italy is as good as you remember.

I got the bills paid for the first part of next month except for the car payment Hopefully that bill will arrive in the next couple days. Cleaning is very difficult with a puppy around plus R has piled up more things than usual to keep them out of her reach. I can't clean upstairs unless R is supervising her and he falls asleep at the drop of a hat.

He has agreed to talk with his VA doctor about his sleep apnea. Maybe there's been changed in the masks since he last tried the cpap machine.

We had lunch at a place close to where I pick up the farm milk. The egg salad on homemade bread was pretty good. R liked his chili dog though that may not have been the best choice for him. He is going to start back up with the VA's weight loss program.

The closest Sam's Club or Costco is over 60 miles away.I

Whoops, I think it's puppy cleanup in the dining room. She's been so good the last few days.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..my family is on the way to Minnesota..they left about 12:30..if all goes well, they will be there sometime tomorrow, late morning or so. V will fly back on Tuesday. 

I plan on enjoying my quiet time. I hope I can get through this fatigue..plan on slowly putting the house back together. It is very quiet with no little bar kind do here..lol. She acted excited to go with Sydnie.

Linda..hope you had a nice lunch with your friend. Good luck with the cleaning..I do not function well at night.

Claudia..sounds as if tip may be getting the hang of being housebroken. We were very lucky with Pepper. Sorry that r has more problems. 

Have a a good evening. 🌼🌼

Respected Contributor

I hope all goes well on your family's travels, Barbara. It's good you have some time to rest and relax a bit. Take your time putting the house back together.I

Today was rain off and on. I guess we're in mid season.

R goes with his buddy to a spring shoot for the day tomorrow. They plan to drive back tomorrow evening as their local shoot is Sunday. I'm not sure I'll get much done while he's gone as I'll be watching Tip. Certainly I won't be working upstairs. Her current stunt is moving the spillover throw in the sofa.  I look at the pile up on the flat surfaces and just shake my head.

Linda, by nightfall my energy level is kaput. Good luck with the cleaning. I hope you enjoyed lunch out with your friend.

Griff told off Tip in no uncertain terms so it was dining room cleanup again. She's sleeping now on my feet.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  What a busy day for me.  Hope your family makes it to MN safely, Barbara.  That is a crazy amount of driving, but I know that is what V likes to do.  Hope you take it easy and get back your strength.

You certainly have your hands full, Claudia.  Hope R does okay, and the dogs (particularly) Trip take it easy.

Lunch with Jo Ann was good, but the restaurant she picked was loud and crowded.  Not only that, but she got there very early, and drove to my house and then back. She got here after I had left.  Meanwhile, I got there somewhat early, and ended up waiting for her about 20 minutes.  After lunch, we went to the garden club park, and she loved it. 

I went by the library to pick up a book that I had on reserve, and then came home before going to Safeway, Walmart, etc.  I stopped by TJMaxx and bought an "exercise" top to replace one that is starting to pill.  I know that I could just have fewer tops, but it was not expensive....It was 5:00 pm. before I got home, and I've been busy ever since -- going through e-mails, etc. 

DD had a migraine and not feeling great.  After discussing it a bit, I went ahead and reserved a hotel room near her house for when I visit in May.  I am able to cancel the reservation, but it was more than I wanted to pay.  Still, not as bad as what I had thought it would cost.  It looks very nice, and is close to a very nice shopping area not far from DD's house.

I'm feeling sleepy, so I don't think I'll be doing any cleaning tonight.  Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

R woke me at 5:20 this morning. He tried attaching his Holdup side suspenders to his leather pants and was all tangled up in the suspenders. What an awakening. At least his pants still fit which was my worry. I got him untangled. The suspenders though are attached to his pants inside out but that's not my concern. Then he tried to get his bucks in short on over his long underwear. Finally got that in then I had to help pull down the long underwear sleeves.

Once R left and the dogs were back in I crated Tip and went back to bed for a couple hours. I've been working on organizing the sunporch better. It's hard going because I'm storing the leather foot stool there until Tip is past the chewing stage. I also ordered Purina One cat food from Purina and got two 17.5 bags at 25% off with free shipping. A 30 pound bag of Griff's food is out there plus 30 pounds of puppy food was delivered yesterday. All in all it's rather crowded.

I'm glad to hear lunch was good in spite of a delay, Linda. It's nice JoAnn enjoyed the park.

At least you have a hotel reservation made and you can cancel if you find a better option. I haven't booked a Park, Sleep, and Fly hotel yet for when we go to R's reunion. The reunion registration fee has gone up plus the cost of the banquet. I also need to call the boarding kennel but have plenty of time.I

Barbara, I hope your family arrived home by now.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..

it it is a perfect day here..will be about 80...I am slowly doing some cleaning. And washing towels and bedding.

syd and crew still have a ways to go...the weather forecast was not good for Denver so they drove over to I 35=which added a few miles. They have stopped for meals too and stops for Pepper. I think they should be home by early evening..I am Able to track where they are. 

Claudia. Good that you have some time to organize..I need to make airline reservations for our trip to Connecticut in late May. I will probable do that next week.

Hope r does ok with his shoot.

Linda..sounds as if you had a nice time yesterday..I just finished The Silent Patient.for our next book club. I could not put it down...

enjoy your day...💜💜💜

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Quite an awakening, Claudia.  Glad you were able to help R and got back to sleep.  Good luck with your organizing.

Sorry it is taking longer than usual for your family to drive back to MN, Barbara.   Good to stay safe, even if it takes longer.  We are having lovely weather as well.  I'm just back from a walk, which was nice.

Laundry is started, and I've printed out some materials for my weekly financial review later in the day/evening.   Hoping my hospice visit will go well.

Hope both of you have a nice evening ans sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda