Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 24

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny and should be warm today -- in the 70's.  Hope your weather is okay, Claudia.  Glad you didn't fall on the ice.  Also glad you and R enjoyed the concert and had plenty of leg room.  Great news about the tax refund that you can use for a project.  I'm still worried about how much we/I will owe, but I'm still waiting for at least one more form before I can take them to the CPA.  My hope is that next year I'll be able to go back to Turbo Tax since my taxes should be much simpler without DH's investments.

Hope your day is off to a good start, Barbara.  Also hope you and V are feeling okay.

The luncheon/high tea was pretty good in terms of company, but the food was pretty disappointing to me.  They had pitchers of hot water and various tea bags for the tea part -- no milk or lemon.  I usually have milk in my "regular" (not herb) tea, but.....  And, then there was a very small green salad.  Then, they brought a bunch of small (pieces) of sandwiches.  Nothing exciting there, and our table ate everyone.  Dessert was a platter of cookies -- most looked like something you would buy in a package at the store.  Anyway, I didn't think that the food would get any prizes.  At least, some of the ladies were very nice.

After the luncheon, I went to the shopping center only to find the garden club plant sale was not there.  I am pretty sure they said it would be all three days (Thursday - Saturday) in the newspaper, and other places had "sidewalk sales" and an art sale, but.....  

Since I didn't go on my hospice visit, I finished my usual Saturday chores early, and even did my ironing.  So, today should be a relatively easy day.

Hope both of you have a nice Sunday!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 24

That tea was definitely not "high" tea. Teabags and salad, let alone store bought cookies. Smh. I'm glad the company was good.

Fingers crossed regarding your taxes, Linda.

I will be calling the vet as soon as they open tomorrow. I noticed Griff limping (right hind foot). R and I checked it after R found a flashlight. The largest pad on his right hind foot has a raw section on the side of the pad. No blood so he didn't cut cut it but he was staying out and constantly licking it. I have him a couple Benadryl and he's sleeping now.

I still need to fill out R's form for Wednesday's review at the VA. Hopefully tomorrow morning.

Barbara, I hope you've had a good day. It was sunny here but chilly.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..I am back from my port flush, and I am going out to lunch soon.

Yesterday turned out to be very busy..we had our last concert for our retiring choir director yesterday afternoon. Because of the horrible traffic from the Renaissance festival, it would have been very difficult to get back. So I was gone from 7 to 5 and was exhausted when I got home. So no post.

Today is lovely..it may reach 90:tomorrow...I am prepare because all of my summer clothes are out.

claudia..hope Griffs paw issue gets settled. Wonder what he did to it?? V has not finished our taxes ..I think we get something back.

linda..I read your post on the other thread just now. Hope the rest of your day goes well

enjoy..I will check back later.

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy lunch, Barbara.  Glad you got your port flushed.  I can't imagine being out from 7 until 5 -- yikes!  You have mentioned traffic issues due to the Renaissance festival before, guess there is no avoiding it this time of the year.  Good that you have your summer things out.  I wore capris and a T-shirt on my walk yesterday afternoon -- first time this year.  Boy, are my legs pale.  

Very sorry to hear about Griff, Claudia. Hope the vet finds the problem and is able to help quickly.  Also hope you, R, and your other furbabies are doing okay.

Very long story, but I found out that my ex's brother is having some serious issues.  I contacted his older son, and found out some details.  Long story short, he has some symptoms and has read about possibilities on the internet and decided he is likely to be seriously ill.  This has caused him lots of stress, lack of sleep, and deep depression.  His son has tried to get him to go to the doctor or at least urgent care, but he refuses. When he goes over to drag his Father to the doctor, he suddenly is better or just won't talk.   I really hope that he will get some help.  "Dr. Google" can be harmful to your psyche sometimes.

DD hired a plumber from Army DGS' company, and they charged way more than her regular plumber and told her she need lots of extra things done.  She refused the extra things, but had him put in the two faucets she had purchased despite the large expense (even with the 30 percent discount she had).  Back to her regular plumber from now on.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Horribly busy day. To top it off, when I pulled into the driveway the setting sun was right in my eyes and the passenger side mirror hit the porch railing. I duct taped it back together.

The vet is as mystified as we are over Griff's injury. He has antibiotics and pain med to take plus powder to sprinkle on. This should be interesting. One good thing g, they updated his shots which were due in 2 weeks.

Today is 18 years since dad died. It's always a difficult day. At least this month is nearly over.

What a rip off, Linda. Reminds me of R's friend's son who charged an excessive amount and still didn't fix the plumbing problem.

What a long day yesterday, Barbara.

Time to corral Griff. Then it's off to bed as we leave early tomorrow for the VA.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon!  Hope Griff is better and R's VA trip went okay, Claudia.  Too bad about the mirror.  I have done that myself, and it is not fun.  

Hope your day is going okay, Barbara.

I'm back from the senior lunch program and headed to the gym soon.

DD said DGD thought her interview today went well, and I think she would like this job.  But, she has another interview tomorrow.  Meanwhile, DD heard from the man who is replacing the door to the deck, and he will be coming to measure tomorrow.  

As you may have read on the other thread, JoAnn and I visited over iced coffee after grief group yesterday, and we will try to get together on Friday.  She said that she is feeling worse now than when her husband died.  I think many times you are numb at first, but then start to feel the pain more and more.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I forgot to say that my work buddy found out that another resident in DH's facility died a couple of weeks ago.  My friend went to visit her and another lady only to find that she had passed.  It took her a while to stop crying.  The lady was not in great shape -- needed oxygen 24/7, etc., but her mind was very good.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you and JoAnn were able to have coffee and talk, Linda. I'm sure this is a very difficult time for her. The grief comes in waves.

I'm very tired after today's trip to the VA. R drive home and I slept part of the way which is something I never do. Tomorrow is another trip as we couldn't verify the pad lab work was faced to the examiner.

Good for DGD. I hope she gets the job she wants.

Bad thing about the mirror, I did it right in front of R. At least it's just the mirror.I

I hope things are going well for both of you.

Thank goodness for crate training. Otherwise Tip would probably have redone the upholstery. Such energy. She bounces and pouncespounces and goes to Griff's crate and tries to persuade him to come out and play. He does feel a bit better.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..m and syd arrived about 10 last night.it sounds as if they are staying through the week and leaving on Saturday. 

I took sydnie out to get a swim suit since she did not have one here. We found a cute one at Walmart for 10 dollars. And we just got back from the pool.it was very nice and not too crowded.

nothing else on ..I made a chicken salad for supper..it is almost 90. 

Linda..that is terrible about dd getting overcharged.  Hope a job works out for your dgd. Read that your knee is bothering you again..have you thought about cutting back on your walking to see if that helps???nice you coffee with your friend..grieving is a process.

Claudia..hope griffs paw gets better. I cannot tell you how many side mirrors I have taken out...

have a good eveningl 🌼🌼🌼

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good morning..We just got back from a grocery run...Sydnie is such a big help...when we got home she decided to reorganize the refrigerator. For a kid who leaves her clothes strewn on the floor, she really likes to organize stuff. 

We we will go to the pool after lunch...it gives her something to do and I can sit in the shade and read..

Linda read on the other thread that your knee was bothering you...

may giving it total rest along with ice and an anti inflammatory would help.  That is what I was told to do , which I would do for 5 days or so and then gradually get back into walking...your body is telling you something.

Claudia..hope all is well with you.

enjoy your day. 🎈🎈🌺🌺

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad Syd is able to go to the pool and is such a big help with groceries and organizing, Barbara.  DD told me once that DGD leaves clothes on the floor as well.  That really surprised me.  She does have a very tiny room and closet.  Hopefully, the re-arranging that she has done lately (including buying a new dresser) has helped.  

She did get the job she wanted, and is very excited to start Monday after next.  The other interview was a dud -- the interviewer was busy eating sushi, and suggested she come back at another time.  It is not like they didn't have an appointment.  DGD knew she wanted the other job, so it wasn't difficult to turn down the offer to come another time.

Thank goodness, my knee is much better today -- at least so far.  I knew that I was overdoing the walking, and I hope the message got through to my head that I need to limit walking   Just crazy to walk as much as I was doing.  I don't think the gym or other exercises are the problem, just the over-walking.

Hope your VA trip today went okay, Claudia.  I imagine you are very tired.  Good that your dogs are crate trained.  I had never heard of such a thing until I had a very wild dog who could not be trusted.  

I made it out to COSTCO and bought lots of stuff.  Most of them were either on sale (like dishwasher rinse) or something I needed.  But, I did buy a new sunhat.  I really like the one I bought there several years ago, and it wasn't expensive.  In between, I had ordered a sunhat (can't remember from where), and it is really just too large for me.  So, I guess that one will be donated.  Sunhats are a necessity for me given all the sun we get.

It is pretty warm here -- actually felt a little hot on my walk.  But, it is actually cooler than yesterday.  Tomorrow should be cooler still, but should make it into the 80's which I like.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda