Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of March 21

I realized last night after I had gone to bed that I forgot to post. Yesterday turned out to be busy with errands in the morning and an appointment with the hematologist, that dr feels my issues are medication related but he is running tests to make sure. I will also be getting iron infusions.

I had my ra infusion this morning and my eyes are affected as is my balance. No plans for this afternoon.lol.

it has been cool here..v is acting like it is below zero...he gets cold very easily. Back to the 80s next week.

that supermarket shooting was horrific.

hope yiur day is going well.🤩🤩

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 21

Hope R's appointment went well, Claudia.  That is such a shame about your college roommate.  Assisted living isn't for everyone, and it sounds like she just wasn't ready.  Plus, it is not in a location she likes.  One of my former ministers posted a letter to the editor about the problem with family visits of nursing home residents during the pandemic.  I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with restrictions when DH was in assisted living.  Definitely not good for the patient or the relative/friend.

Hope you recover from the infusion soon, Barbara.  Interesting about the hematologist visit.  Maybe the iron infusions and perhaps some medication changes will help. 

It is chilly here, and I'm definitely feeling it.  Yesterday's walk was cut short because of the heavy wind.  Not sure if it is windy today, but it is cloudy, cooler, plus there are periods of rain.  Not very inviting.

The geography class was interesting this morning, and I am really enjoying the on-line cooking class.  So far, he has only discussed organizing the kitchen and using knives.  But, I realize that I have been using my knives wrong all these years.  Need to try his techniques. 

My grands didn't get the rental townhouse, so they are looking at other options.  Middle DGS' girlfriend needs to move out of her apartment in June, and she may end up just moving into his apartment until his lease is up in September.  DD said that they have a storage facility right across the street, so she could always store her things for a few months.  Youngest DGS is looking for a different place, and apparently has an appointment to look at a place this weekend.

Very quiet here, which is okay.  The sheets came yesterday evening, and have been washed and put away. 

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well. 

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's too bad your middle DGS and his gf didn't get the townhouse, Linda. At least they have time to find something else.

We must have your weather. It was 74° earlier. I hear we may get a windstorm tomorrow evening into Friday.

R's lungs are clear so that's good. The doctor wasn't sure about his foot so R opted to wait and see if the problem continues.

Barbara, I hope the iron infusions help along with medication fine tuning. R's doctor did change his famotidine medication to a higher dosage. So far it seems to be controlling the problem.

My niece discovered her wedding weekend is the same weekend as Air Force Academy processing so blocks of rooms are hard to come by.

Tippy is loudly informing me that she wants to go out NOW! Have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

it is extremely windy here and the dust is blowing.I hobbled around the grocery store because hams were 1/2 price. Found a good sale on corned beef so reubens are on the end for dinner.

when I returned home the headache hit...I also managed to misplace my favorite pair of glasses . I do have 2 other pairs l I am going to call the grocery store to see if I lost them there.

Linda..I am sure your grandsons will find apartments. I have no idea if housing is tight out there. I just saw that the governor lifted all mask restrictions today. 🤬🤬

Laudia..glad rs lungs are clear. Yikes on yiur nieces wedding snafu.my brother, who graduated from the Naval Academy, postponed his wedding until a few weeks after graduation to avoid that issue at Annapolis.

have a good evening, 🐸🐸🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad R got some good news, Claudia.  Our weather isn't nice today -- very windy and cloudy plus cool.  Really looking forward to warmer weather next week.  

Hope you find your glasses, Barbara.  Glad you were able to get ham at half price plus a good price on the corned beef.  I have a vegan Reuben recipe to try, but I am finishing up other things first.

I didn't realize that there was a mask mandate in Arizona, but I just read that now no cities or counties can have those rules.  That will be a change for my county.  Although the businesses can still require them, I expect many will not want to fight the fight -- too dangerous.

Not sure about housing availability in Maryland.  Hope it will not be a problem.  Youngest DGS (23) is going back to work in the office full-time starting in June.  He checked with the State, and they told him the category he is in, but said that he can only have the J&J vaccine since he had COVID, and they don't have that vaccine.  Hope they get it soon.

Meanwhile, my SIL was told he cannot get the vaccine until late April at the earliest since he had the monoclonal antibody treatment.  At least he can still work at home.

Grocery shopping went okay this morning -- the stores were pretty busy, but they had quite a few lines open.  And, the hospice deliveries went okay.  One person lives way out on a dirt road.  She seemed nice, but I hope I don't get her again.  Because the road to the dirt road is horrible -- incredibly bumpy.

As you may see on the other thread, the red sandals are going back.  Oh well..... I should not have ordered shoes from here -- my mistake.  

The two ladies who were in charge of the "contemporary" music at my church and have been doing concerts on-line for nearly a year are selling their house here and moving to their house in Michigan.  Not having any work for a year made it impossible to have two houses.  I am so sorry they are leaving, but I do understand.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope you find your glasses, Barbara. At least you have the others. Enjoy your reubens. We had Irish sausage on a roll for dinner.

Today was another warm day. I'm waiting to see if we get the forecast high winds overnight.

R isn't feeling well and seems more congested. I keep reminding him to breathe deep whether he feels like it or not and keep hydrated.

It's too bad the sandals aren't a good fit, Linda.  Recently ive had good luck ordering Alegria shoes from their website. Its so hard to find a comfortable shoe and their are no good shoe stores locally.

What a shame your youngest DGS has to wait on the vaccine, and your SIL. At least your SIL can still work from home. I hate those bumpy dirt roads. I think a number of people have had to adjust their finances like your church ladies. Yet on the other hand there seems to be a construction boom in some areas.

I left a message for our contractor today asking for an update. Since lumber prices didn't go down as he expected I'm sure we'll need a new estimate.

I took the heavier winter clothing out of the closet today. I need to clear off the bookcase in the spare room so I can move it and have room to store the bins of clothes. I'm tired of lugging them up and down the attic stairs twice a year.

I hope you have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

we are having one more chilly day. It could be in the 90s next week. That will be quite the change.

I treated myself to a pedicure this morning. My toes look quite nice and getting a good foot and leg massage is wonderful.

we are having Our weekly dinner and cards with our friends.

nothing exciting to report.

enjoy. 🎶🎶🌵

Esteemed Contributor

Hope R is feeling okay today, Claudia, and your weather is okay as well.  Like in Barbara's area, it is cool and windy here today, but not quite as windy as yesterday and there is more sun.  

The pandemic has had very different effects on different types of jobs.  I think entertainers, hospitality (hotels, etc.) and many restaurants have been hit hard.  But, others have done quite well.  I know Amazon has made piles of money.  Hope you get okay news from your contractor, Claudia.

I asked, and DD said that housing is in pretty high demand there -- many people are just staying put rather than moving.  

Everyone had a mask on at the Post Office this morning, but I think that may be a Federal rule. 

Glad you had your pedicure this morning and will be getting together with your friends for dinner and cards Barbara.  

Nothing at all exciting going on here.  I heard from Jean that she was much better today -- not quite back to normal, but much better after stopping the medication.  Still no word from DGD's doctor which is disappointing.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Today was chilly, mostly due to the wind. We have some smaller branches down and the garbage cans blew over.I hear a number of trees are down around the county. We're fortunate compared to some other areas.

I was just wondering earlier today if your DGD had heard from her doctor, Linda. When R had the imex with exercise we had to keep asking the VA for the results. Turned out  the provider hadn't sent the results.

I'm glad to hear Jean is doing much better.

Barbara, enjoy the dinner and cards. We had a late lunch after R's acupuncture and are not very hungry. Nothing exciting going on here either. Earlier  I ordered a couple pieces of Linea jewelry that briefly were at a ridiculously low price.

I hope to hear from the contractor by the first of the week.

Respected Contributor

I had a fun morning..my friend and I took the golf cart stound our community for our patio/garage sale. I spent $6 total for a small colander, 2 southwestern style serving pieces and a neat cupcake pan. I also picked up several notecards from a friend who does beautiful photography of local,scenery.

V is cleaning the carpeted walk areas...his is going to be in pain for a while.

Linda..Hope dgd hears about her tests sooner rather than later. It is a nice day..the heat is coming..I am planning on some pool time. What are yiu cooking these days??

good to hear that jean is doing better.

Claudia hope you get a good price from your contractor. 
I a debating getting the paint sprayer tsv...but v needs to look at the presentation. 

enjoy your day.🌵🌵💕