Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 17

Good morning..it is almost noon.Happy first day of Spring..it is another lovely day here.

i had my weekly massage this morning..it always makes me feel,good for a while. I am prepping Syd for an interview for tomorrow...

m is flipping out but they are interested in her. If she gets it, things could turn out very well for her. 

Linda..thanks for explaining and that makes perfect sense. Many times the kids in my schools lived in that type of temporary housing. I read that your knee was bothering you last night...maybe if you take some I upfofen at bedtime that would help....pain always seems to be worse at night. 

Claudia..glad your legs are feeling better....hope your friend can find a living arrangement better suited to her wishes.  Is Tip settling down at all....she sounds like a pretty busy puppy. Have you ever thought about getting r some wireless headphones to listen to his music???

enjoy your day 🌺🌺🌺🌺

Respected Contributor

Lots of good wishes for Sydnie, Barbara. I'm glad you're feeling better even if it's only temporary.

R does have wireless headphones but doesn't like to use them. At least he will use them or not play his music overnight when we stay at a hotel.

Linda, I was talking to a friend. She said her leg bothers her terribly at night and her doctor said"you're lucky it bothers you at night and not during the day". Both of us agreed daytime would be easier as we're busy then.

Tip lost one baby tooth. Unfortunately not one of the sharpest ones. Behind our next door neighbor, on the other side of the ancient boundary fence there's now a port aa toilet. Evidently there will be road work on the street. Griff will be having fits.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Glad you had your massage and good luck to Syd, Barbara.  One of the ladies at my "strong bones" class was very disappointed about the massage she had at a new place.  She said it felt like her cat had been walking on her back -- very light, and did not help at all.  Apparently, she bought a "deal" of four massages at this place, and she was hoping to get a better masseuse next time.  

The funny thing about my knee is that it did not hurt when I went to bed.  I know that I could take ibuprofen or another pain killer every night just in case, but I am really trying to avoid doing so.  Today my knee is still hurting a bit, so I will definitely take something tonight.

I looked up the new hotels DD mentioned, and most were very expensive (in my opinion)  One made a big deal about their very special rate of $171.00 plus tax, etc. per night.  I will keep checking.  May need to stay in a different area, which is not ideal, but......  I figure even with Uber rides, it would be less expensive than paying $200 plus per night.  I am sure those hotels are very nice, but......  This is not even a "tourist" area or anything.

Hope all is well there today, Claudia.  Tip is quite a unique puppy.  Fingers crossed she has calmed down a little.  DH used to use headphones a lot when he listened to music on the computer.   But, he didn't have the wireless kind.

I had a nice walk this morning, and then I came home and took a brief nap.  Hopefully, I'll be fine for my hospice visit this afternoon.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. DGD has a job interview tomorrow.  Hope she doesn't jump for the first job that comes along, but I think she is wiser now.

Respected Contributor

Good Fternoon...today is Sydnies 14 th birthday..she is growing up too fast. Fingers crossed her interview goes well this afternoon.

played bridge this morning..we were short players so had to do a lot of table switching and it got confusing at times. There were different ideas on how partners should move..yikes. Usually I enjoy it but not so much today.

we may get our first 90s next week. 

Linda,,,hope your knee is feeling better..read about the loud tv on the other thread..I would have turned it down or off..lol.  Hope dgd interview goes well..it is a lot to work and go to school full time. Hotels are very expensive...I have paid a lot when I have used them I’m LA.

Claudia..hope that nor’easter is not affecting you too much...if at all.

enjoy your day..I am very fatigued today for whatever reason...a nap may be in order.

🌝🌝🌼🌼

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday to Syd!  They do grow up too fast, Barbara.  DGD is my youngest grand and turned 19 in February.  Yikes!  Sorry you are fatigued and bridge wasn't too fun.  It is a little cooler here today (upper 60's), but it should make it into the 80's next week. Wow on the 90's already.  Hope you can get some rest this afternoon and feel better tomorrow.

DD said it was raining pretty heavily there, and I know there is a risk of flooding.  Hope you don't have any issues, Claudia.  Also hope you, R, and your furbabies are okay, especially Tip.  I have started our bookclub book "A Dog Walks into a Nursing Home" and I am amazed how much those dogs need to handle.  You really have to respect those dogs and trainers who visit facilities like the one that DH lived.   

I went to the gym in the morning and caregivers in the afternoon.  I was surprised that the regular leader wasn't there, and neither were any of my fellow widows.  We did have a very interesting meeting, but no one went for coffee after the meeting.  I went by a little shopping area nearby on the way home since the garden club was selling plants.  Can you believe there were zero parking places?  I don't mind walking from a distant space, but I just couldn't find one.  May try again tomorrow or Saturday if I have time.

DD got the estimate for replacing the door that goes out to the deck from the kitchen, and I agreed to pay for most of it.  Actually pretty reasonable price for a good sized French door that has to be custom made.  And, the installer is doing the installation for a very reasonable price.  Next month, DD and my SIL will have lived in the house for 20 years.  I think that is longer than any house that I lived in except for my parent's house.  

I knew hotels in LA were pricey, but I just didn't think those in a suburban area (actually pretty far out from the city) would have such expensive hotels.  You live and learn.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope Syd has a wonderful birthday, Barbara. Time certainly flies. Bridge certainly didn't sound like much fun. I hope you get some rest.

It's a shame  none of your friends were at your group today, Linda. No going out for coffee and then no parking place wasn't what you hoped for. It sounds like your DD got a good price on the door replacement especially since it had to be custom made.

I would like to replace the front door. R should have picked barn red but instead painted it more of a sw red. Also he picked the style.

Both dogs are sleeping in their crates in the living room and R is at bowling. I'm enjoying the silence.

Linda, sometimes hotels offer a senior discount.

We had a few sprinkles but that was all. Tip is not fond of wet weather and is reluctant to go out without Griff. Unfortunately Griff can be difficult to get back in once he sees something to bark at. He will even bark while laying down. He is better than GN who couldn't be bribed. Luckily his cousin TT was bribeable.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I had my routine dental appointment this morning, and it went well except it was a little slow.  The tech and the dentist commented on the larger than normal number of winter visitors this year.  There was even a line trying to get into the gas station on my way there (out on the main road.)  I decided that a trip to the overly busy shopping area could wait until tomorrow afternoon.  I have a luncheon and then will try on the way home.  I will not be having the usual hospice visit in the afternoon since I wasn't sure about the timing.

It was pretty cool this morning (40 degrees), but has warmed to the upper 60's.  It should be warmer tomorrow and the early part of next week.  DD said it was raining again there.  She got her car back from the shop -- almost $600 for the AC repairs (this is after another repair recently for almost the same amount).  But, she loves her car, and it certainly would cost a lot to replace it.

DGD thought both interviews (she had one on person and the other on the phone), went well.  I think she is more interested in the less "professional" job involving payroll than the other one.  She just doesn't want to have too much job stress while she is still in school.  I certainly don't blame her.

What did Syd get for her birthday, Barbara?  Hope she had a really good day.  Also hope you are feeling okay and so is R.

You certainly have your hands full with the dogs, Claudia.  Glad you had a little peace and quiet while R was bowling.  I had looked for special rates for seniors (always put that in), but they were still high for those particular hotels.  Glad there isn't a big rush.

I checked with the hospice volunteer coordinator, and she said it would be perfectly fine for me to turn off the TV if that should happen in the future.  Good news.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. to Barbara -- is the cream you use called Hemp cream?  That is what I found on Amazon and just wanted to make sure before I order it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

SNOW! Late afternoon it started sticking. Griff is pleased.

We will be replacing the half bath toilet as it's leaking again. Of course it's the weekend and next week will be busy with appointments. Smh. R wanted to get the half bath done too but I told him we should do the half bath first.

When Tip jumps up her front paws almost reach my shoulders. I'm still working on her stay down. I removed the padded mats in the kitchen after she started chewing on one. Life with a puppy is never boring. I saw on FB one of her brothers is 48 pounds and a sister is 30. I think Tip is somewhere in between.

I'm glad your DGD's interviews went well, Linda. Your area certainly is busy. I wonder if the winter visitors have been disappointed with the colder than usual weather.

Tomorrow the theatre is hosting The Yardbirds. R wanted to go and I was able to get tickets. I think this time our seats will have plenty of leg room. The loge seating from our earlier visits was pretty cramped. At least that's what my knees claimed. This time we have the first row of the balcony and as I recall there's at least an 8' gap between that and the loge.

Barbara, I hope  Syd had a good time yesterday. Does she miss her friends back home?. I hope you and V are feeling well.

R's hip (the replaced one) bothered him at bowling last night and again today. X-Ray show everything is in place though.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..yesterday got away from me so I never posted.

m andcsydcare going home this week..nothing is happening so her agent told them to go back for the time being.Syd will continue taking lessons at her agency in Mn and she should be able to get some work there. I know they will both be happier in Mn.

i need to do some cleaning today..I am trying to use up what we have in the freezer before buying more food. We are leaving around May 1. 

Nothing else too exciting here.

((Hugs)))🌺🌺🌺

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Not being a snow fan, I don't envy you, Claudia.  Tippy is growing fast.  Good luck with the toilet replacement, and I hope R's hip is better soon.  Enjoy the Yardbirds concert.  I had to look them up since I didn't remember their songs -- good group.  

Glad Syd and M will have time back in MN if that is where they would like to be, Barbara.  Hope she is able to get some work there.  Good idea to use up food in the freezer.  I am trying to buy less and use what I have in addition to trashing or donating stuff that I will probably never use.  I did the freezer a little while ago, but I probably should check the refrigerator again now that I am getting more ruthless/realistic about what I will or will not use.  

Hope I enjoy the luncheon today, and then I will decide whether I am up to going to the shopping area to look at the garden club plants.  I may end up skipping it since I already bought some plants for spring.  

It should make it up to the mid-70's here today and it is mostly sunny.  Other than the luncheon, I only plan my regular Saturday chores -- laundry and weekly financial review.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda