Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 17

Happy St. Patrick’s day.🍀🍀

it is a perfect SoCal weather day. Sydnie just had her Spanish lesson outside..it was great sitting in the sun/shade.

now we are back at our rental..there is a nice back yard to sit in so we will spend time out there.

m arrives tonight and I fly back in the morning. V is looking for some relief from caring for Pepper..lol.

Hope you are having a good day 🐲🐲

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of March 17

I bet V is looking forward to some help with Pepper. Glad your weather is perfect, Barbara. Those days don't come often ebough.

Yesterday I went with R to drop something at his buddy's house. We sat in the garage talking for close to an hour. Foolishly I thought since I was sitting most of the time that being on concrete wouldn't bother me. Wrong! I told R from now on I'll wait in the car if being on concrete is the only choice.

Tip has been busy trying to lay down the law to Griffyn. I wish I had her energy.

I gave into temptation and ordered A351072 poncho in Connemara green.I

Linda, I hope your weather has been nice and warm and you are having a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad your weather was so nice, Barbara.  It was nice here, and still is, except it is a bit cloudy out.  Guess you need to rescue V -- I'm sure he will be happy to have your help with Pepper and to hang out with him.  

That is a lovely poncho, Claudia.  I used to enjoy ponchos but don't find them too useful here.  Sorry you were bothered by time on the concrete.  I would think that it would help to sit, but you never know.  Tip is certainly making her presence known.  

I had a pretty busy day with church, gym, and widow's grief group.  Then, the man who I loaned my space heater came over to return it (long story), and he looked at a closet door handle I have been struggling with.  Supposedly, he will replace it tomorrow.  I am not sure since it took him several weeks to return the heater.  I know he was busy, but.....

One of my caregiver buddies who attended the meeting and had a short vacation in Las Vegas last week told me that she found Las Vegas to be quite expensive, at least the food.  She said the cabdrivers were rude (and pricey), and they (she and her DIL) had trouble with children literally running into them.  At least, they did have a good time.

I'm still a bit subdued, but doing much better.  I had been warned about grief "waves",  and I am sure I'll be better soon.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope you made it back to Arizona with no problems, Barbara.  We are having lovely weather -- upper 70's and sunny.  Quite warm outside, but inside the house is chilly.  I have windows open hoping some of the warm weather will come in.

Hope your day is going okay, Claudia.  Also hope Tippy is behaving herself for a change.

I had my strong bones class this morning -- only four of us showed up, but it was good.  And, I went to Wal Mart to pick up some things I forgot on Friday.  I was just too upset to remember everything.  

DD said that oldest DGS and DGD enjoyed the concert, but he got a speeding ticket on the way home.  Hopefully, he will be more careful in the future.  She still has not heard about the cost of the door replacement, and now she found out the AC in her car is not working.  Expenses, expenses.

Not sure what I will do with my day off tomorrow (the seniors are going out to lunch at Pizza Hut), but I like having a little "vacation".  Speaking of which, DGD has not found another job, and DD and my SIL think they have convinced her to take her time in finding a new job.  She is a very serious student and working full time has been quite stressful for her.  Hopefully, she will take a break since she has been dealing with migraines, etc.  The new VP came in and learned all she has been doing -- told her she is doing the work of a VP, and being underpaid and overworked. 

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Back home safely....the flight was delayed by 45 minutes, waiting for the flight attendants, who were on a flight that was delayed. 

Pepper er was very excited to see me..lol

i am tired..will post more tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you're back in AZ, Barbara. I'm sure Pepper is a happy dog.

It's rather chilly here and will continue to be so the rest of the week.

I know how your DD feels, Linda. Every time I turn around there's something else that needs attention.

Today's mail brought a bill from the Impala lease wanting over $400. Disposition fee, excess wear, tax. I called and after reviewing it they determined we didn't owe anything. Whew. Tip has started chewing the base of her tail. I ended up giving her 1 benadryl. It's 1 per 20 pounds and will call the vet in the morning. I see another vet trip.

I still need to fill out papers for the VA review and find time to do the taxes.

This might be a good time for your DGD to take her time job hunting, Linda. What a hard worker she must be. Enjoy your "little vacation" .

Yesterday I went to the cellar to change the wash and decided while down there to clear all the small scrap metal off R's work counter. I totally forgot about the concrete floor. Some up the middle of the night with ankle and hip pain. That's gradually improved today because I've tried to take it easy.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you were able to avoid those extra charges for the Impala lease, Claudia.  Sorry you had some more pain from your basement adventures.  Hope that Tip is dong better and you don't have to make another vet visit.  Also hope you, R, and your other furbabies are doing okay.

I'm sure you were tired yesterday, Barbara.  Hope you are feeling better today.  The lady who leads the widows grief group (who was on vacation last Sunday) has found she has RA -- I think she is in her early 60's and has a few other conditions.  Hope she can get some relief, but I know your RA has certainly been difficult.

I really didn't do anything special on my mini vacation (no senior lunch program) today, but I did go to the gym in the morning rather than the afternoon.  And, I am just back from a nice walk.  Warm and sunny outside.  It is still chilly in the house, but.....

DD said DGD has quit her job early -- she was supposed to work this week.  She has shown everyone her job, and they cannot seem to find a replacement for her.  They had her train a candidate yesterday, and she thought he would work out.  However, when they called him, he said he had read up about the company on the internet, and would not work there.  Another hazard for employers, I guess.  Anyway, she and her Mom were having a fun day.  

DD and I were talking about the hotel I will stay at after the tour in May, and she has found a new one she thinks will be much better.  I really did not want to return to that hotel since you had to bring everything, including dishes and silverware, plus some of the other patrons were a bit frightening to me.  DD told me that one of my SIL's models (he is a photographer on the side) stayed there, and the guy in the next room overdosed and died.  She was very upset by the incident, and my SIL said that I should definitely not stay there.  Wow!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..dinner is almost ready but I will do a quick post. Busy day..cards this morning. I taught Syd for 2 hours straight and then did a closet reorganization...I have 4 bags to donate.. I did the love it or out it goes thing. Still have more yomeork on bursitis agood start.

linda..yikes on that hotel....I look at trip advisor before I book anything and tend to do the big chains...holiday in express is one of my favorites or any Sheraton, courtyard by Marriott etc. you never mentioned that you did not feel safe. 

Sounds as if dgd made a good decision to leave her job. I think a lot of young workers are mismanaged or taken advantage of

CLAUDIAHOPE YOURLEGS AREFEELING BETTER..sorry about the caps..lol

Sleep well, it was a lovely day here.

🎈🎈

Respected Contributor

A cold day here but I'm moving around better so that's a plus.

I echo what Barbara said about the hotel, Linda. I usually check reviews. It sounds like your gd made a good decision to leave that job.

Tip has been up to her usual mischief. R just got back from bowling and I spent the last hour talking to my college roommate. She's not hAppy at assisted living and hopes to move to an apartment. I thought at the time assisted living was more structured than she needed.

Good job, Barbara, on sorting through clothes. I need to do it but don't know when I'll be able to do so.

Esteemed Contributor

Good job, Barbara -- four bags for donation is amazing.

This hotel was a new "extended stay" type of place when I went last year.  It was near DD's house, and looked lovely from the outside. Not a bad neighborhood or anything.  The few reviews were positive, and DD thought it was a good choice.  I didn't have major concerns, but I noticed some of the people looked very different than the "usual suspects" that I see at hotels.  DD found out that the county (I think it was the county) was using the hotel as sort of an emergency housing facility for some people in need.  While no one seemed threatening, they did hang around in the parking lot and there were lots of cars coming and going.   Fortunately, there are newer hotels not that far from where DD lives, and close to shopping, etc.  

Hope your college roommate finds a good apartment, Claudia.  I don't think I would enjoy assisted living either -- only if I needed lots of help.