Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs.week of June 9

Good. Afternoon..another cool day today. I have nothing planned..successfully got my shawl going..it is an advanced intricate pattern that require each row to be mistake free. I this is going to take a while to nit..lol.

Linda..I am sure your visit will go well this afternoon.interrsting about your varicose veins..that is one thing I do not have. Vs issues are because the veins do not pump the blood back to his heart correctly. Hope dd resolves her issue with the furniture..how frustrating.

Claudia..it is sad the kitten died. Hope you are having a nice day..you do have a real menagerie at your house.

did I tell you that Pepper pushed the screen door on the garage door and was checking out the front yard, v was outside so she came to him when he called her. We are making sure that door is locked.

Have a great day.🎈🎈

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad your physical went well. At least youngest DGS will have the scan Monday. Waiting is difficult. I'm sure your DD is disappointed the furniture delivery will be delayed.

We went to a presentation this morning on Real I'd sponsored by our local state legislators. It was packed. I'm sure I'm part to the free coffee and doughnuts/ danish. My college roommate was there with her sister. Afterwards R and I had lunch at the Greek restaurant.

Lots of rain is forecast for the next 5 days. Since it was only sprinkling when we got home I quickly mowed the back yard. If I hadn't it would have looked like a jungle after 5 days of rain . Lots of maple seeds were starting to sprout too.

Thank goodness V was outside when Pepper let herself out, Barbara. He must have been surprised.. Luckily she came to him when called. Good luck with the shawl.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope the knitting goes well, even if it is slower than usual, Barbara.  Glad V caught Pepper in the act and you discovered the escape route.  I had veins in one leg "stripped" about 25 years ago, but now they are back in that leg and the worse one is in the other leg.  A couple of my friends have had treatment recently, and it was a much less "invasive" type of procedure. Not sure what the doctor will say, but hopefully I can have this taken care of again.

DD went into the furniture store, and the manager arranged for her furniture to be delivered on Thursday.  A few days later than promised, but much better than the more recent estimate.  DD has gotten into painting (house painting), and is working on the fireplace mantle this weekend.  She seems to enjoy it.

I would have been interested in that presentation as well, Claudia.  Of course, the food would also be a draw.  Glad you ran into a friend there and went to the Greek restaurant.  The food must be very good.

My hospice visit went very well.  The patient loves sports -- all types, and we watched a soccer game and then some auto racing.  Her son told me that she had been a gym teacher which sort of explains it.  Very nice lady and her son and granddaughter are nice as well.  I'll be going again next Saturday unless something changes.

I was expecting the Federal tax refund to be deposited into my checking account, but they sent a check instead.  Unfortunately, it arrived today after the bank was closed.  I don't want to use the ATM for such a big deposit, so it will wait until Monday.  Fortunately, DH's children are not in a rush for the money.

It is "only" supposed to make it to 97 or so today, still plenty warm.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad the hospice visit went well, Linda. I'm sure your DD is much happier with the revised delivery date.

Painting needs done here but we'll need to have someone do it that will have to wait until after we do the upstairs bathroom.

Yes, the food was a definite draw. R figured it would be a small breakfast. I was happy to see my roommate there. I had planned to call her today to remind her of the Art in the Wilds show this coming Saturday. Hopefully the weather will be good. I'll go no matter what the weather is but she may back out of the weather's bad.

R had the Greek platter at the restaurant and I had their spinach pie. 

Adam just called a bit ago and seems to be doing well. Our former dil's hearing is this next week. He had another supervised meeting with the boys and the counselor saw no problems and seemed to feel their mother has an irrational anxiety. What a mess. Since we've been forced to take a side I'll side with what is best for the boys.