Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of June 17

Good afternoon...the rain has stopped. It is nice to have the sun shining.

i am trying to help m pack but she is very last minute . She has a list and I cannot do too much until,that is done. She received a big job change and pay increase yesterday. More stress for her but she is happy. She has to do quite a bit of online training,which she will be working on when we are at nationals.

so, she syd gets work in la and that is more than likely going to happen, I will have to spend time out there to chaperone since m can only be gone for short periods of time for a bit. I am glad that we will be in Az, much closer. Changes, changes...

i need to work at getting my my body in order..lol

linda, again I am so sorry about Dh. My mom quit eating and it was very difficult to watch. So you are both in my prayers..

azheimers is a horrible disease. Have you told his children ?

serious heat down in your area.

Claudia..I did not see f your weather has cooled any. Do you ever hear from Whitney?

need to go clean up the kitchen

have a good day.🌺🌺

Respected Contributor

Congratulations to M, Barbara. Are you going to nationals with them? Always changes.

Mother quit eating too and it was a very difficult time. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Linda.

At the point we re do The kitchen it will probably be vinyl or laminate. Easier on the legs.

The last I heard from Whit was mother's day. I updated her on R's medical issues but no response. She totally ignored father's day. I've checked fb and there's updated pictures plus I talked to the boys when they were at their dad's. She seems to have the idea we wanted her to be a boy. One picture of her with R when a toddler wearing his field jacket. She totally ignored all the pictures of her dressed up. However I can't tell her what to think of how to behave. She seems to have adopted bf's family and takes trips with them often.

Poor TT is very tired after yesterday's grooming. I thought of going to pick up a few groceries but decided to wait till tomorrow when I pick up milk.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Back from the gym -- very sweaty.  I need to get cleaned up again before I go to my caregivers meeting.  

Congratulations to M, Barbara.  Hope things work out okay with you chaperoning, etc.  Lots of changes indeed.

That is sad about Whit, Claudia.  I know DD has different memories of her childhood than I do, and it is difficult for me to deal with some of hers that I know are wrong.  Sorry she ignored Father's Day for R.  .  

I am looking forward to talking to the hospice nurse this afternoon.  I texted her yesterday, and she suggested that they try to puree some of his food to see if he would eat it.  If not, we will continue with his select few.  My work buddy said that her worst fear was that I would get a call that he had passed away.  I told her that is not my worst fear -- watching him slowly pass is more of my nightmare at this point.  Trying to be strong and take things as they come.  I have told his kids about the lack of eating, and his DD is keeping up with things.  His son, not so much, but that is normal.  His wife and son were going to Turkey for the summer Tuesday night, so I guess he is on his own for a while.  He was not sure if he will go to Turkey this summer or not when we last spoke.

Finally got to the pool again yesterday afternoon -- very nice, and I ran into a couple of my favorite "pool buddies".  They have announced excessive heat warnings for tomorrow.  Quite warm and dry again.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am taking a break from packing m and s..there is a lot they have to take for 4 days...modeling and dance outfits and shoes are taking a up a lot of room .i use packing cubes so that helps. I am almost done. 

Amie got an elementary position in a school about 20 miles south of them I am happy for her because this has been a career goal for. 

I wonder how how syd is going to react to being so wanted bu agents. If she gets the movie role, she has to be in la the 11 of July. Yikes.

Linda...I do know how hard it is robwatch a love one have a prolonged end. I hope dhs eating will pick up for you. My sil could not figure out what to do with foo. Hope what the nurse suggests works. 

Claudia..so sorry about whit. I know families wrestle with misperceptions as the kids get older. (((Hugs))) to you. 

I am off to pack ark lotions and potions...🌸🌸🌸

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another hot day here. Unexpectedly I took Pippen to the vet. I spotted him laying close to the litter box, then climbing in and trying to go, then trying another litter box. Sneakily I closed the bedroom door and loosely closed R's work room door. Pippen spotted me and headed for the bedroom. When he found that door shut he hurried in the spare room and I latched the door. I gave Rusty firm instructions not to jiggle the door knob. Then called the vet.

I think it's his kidneys or a uti again. So I put him in the biggest most secure cat carrier, grabbed his food and off we went. They may have results by tomorrow afternoon. Goodbye budget.

I can understand having to watch someone slowly pass being your worst nightmare. I was grateful with dad that it was only 3 days instead of the 2-3 weeks the hospice staff estimated. Be kind to yourself, Linda and treasure the good moments. Glad you ran into your "pool buddies" .

We just got back from paying for the door installation at Lowe's. It was about $100 less than anticipated. Griff will be disappointed when the door is installed. He has decided the garage is his own dog house. He chases TT out when he venture a in then lurks inside the doorway waiting to bark at the slightest unusual noise.

Barbara, the packing sounds like a major task. Thank heavens for packing cubes. Lots of changes for both M and Syd.

As an adult there were times I disagreed with one or both parents but I never cut them out of my life or ignored special days and always had both Adam and Whit recognize special days. In the end though it's her choice.

One last chore to do. Cat litter. Oh and can't forget the dog's meds. TT's hind legs slid out from under him earlier when he tried to get on "his" couch. Hard to believe he'll be 9 in September.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon. V took m and syd to the airport at 6. I did get everything packed in 2 suitcases and they met the weight requirement. It will be interesting to see what syd gets..I know she is under consideration for a major movie.

Amis signed ghet contract for the principal position she got yesterday. She is very happy.

it is quiet around here. Pepper and v are sleeping. I did a grocery store run and will take the dog for s short walk later. We are going out to dinner.

Linda I am glad you talked to the nurse about Dh...hospice nurses are very wise and compassionate. You are his angel..I read today that Phoenix is in such a severe drought that the monsoon season will not help. 

Claudia..I am sorry that whit has turned against her family. M has done that in the past but it has not lasted for very long. Hope pippin is ok..and I cannot believe tt is that old. 

I need to to find something for lunch. 

Have a a good day. 🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸

Respected Contributor

You are our expert packed , Barbara. I'm sure it wasn't easy getting everything in 2 suitcases plus meeting the weight requirement. Fingers crossed for Syd. 

Congratulations to Amie. I'm sure she's thrilled.

Pippen is still at the vet. I need to call tomorrow at 11. I vacuumed upstairs today. I believe he'll be limited to the spare room again and I decided it was much easier to vacuum before he comes home. I was saved from mowing by the rain. That will have to be another day.

Linda, I hope you have had a pretty good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry to be so late in posting.  Congratulations to Amie, Barbara.  Both of your girls got new jobs around the same time -- how nice.  Glad you could get things packed for M and Syd.  They are lucky to have an expert packer around.  Hope Syd does well and the experience is good for her.

Sorry about Pippen, Claudia.  Good idea to do that vacuuming while Pippen is away.  DD said it was raining there as well.

I don't think our drought has been as bad as Phoenix, but I'm not sure.  It was very hot here today.  DH was in a good mood, and he ate his shake, yogurt, and some pudding.  He is making it clear he doesn't want to eat much, but at least he is eating some.  

After I visited him, I went to Sprouts for produce and salmon.  I haven't made salmon for myself for ages, but decided to splurge.

I am watching the DVD's from the library, and so far the movies have been good.  And, I went swimming this afternoon -- very nice, but can you believe I was sweating in the short drive from the house to the pool -- yikes!

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon...not a lot to do today. Dinner is in the crockpot and I am using a dry carpet cleaner on the hall. It looked good until,I had 6 kids with somewhat dirty feet running up and down two weeks ago. Lol. The dry cleaner is working well. Eventually I would like to get rid of the carpet in the living room Nd hall andcrefinish the hardwood floors underneath..

i took pepper for for a walk this morning , around our very long block. I am going to keep that up to build up my stamina...I paid for it for a while, but now seem ok.

we cancelled the rental car for ourvtrip. I parked next to the kind of suv we were renting and realized the storage part on ours was significantly bigger. Our suv is older but runs well. We will have it checked out by our mechanic.

sydnie now w has 8 callbacks from agents. M said the head of the agency from here had pulled the group together last evening for a final run through of monologues, scenes etc. there was an agent from nyc in the room and after they were done, he stood up and announced to the group that syd had a call back from him because she was beautiful and her performance was very good. Poor syd..it was good for her but she did not like to be recognized in front Of the whole group, including parents.

Linda..glad Dh was doing better...and he is eating what he prefers. Your bag choice for the pool sounds great. I like salmon on occasion but not often. One of my favorite meals is grilled salmon and asparagus.

Claudia..hope Pippen is ok.poor pepper was searching the house for Sydnie this morning.

enjoy your day.🌻🌻🌻

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  That is great news about Syd.  Sounds like she is on her way to stardom.  I think you made the right decision about the car rental.  Then again, I dislike renting cars.  Glad you could take Pepper on the walk, and hope you built up your stamina.  Probably a good idea to replace the flooring some day and clean it for now.

Hope all is going okay with you, R, and your furbabies (particularly Pippen), Claudia.

DH was pretty chipper today, and I turned on the World Cup -- he seemed to enjoy it a bit.  Soccer is much more his game than football, etc. since that was the game people followed a lot in Turkey.  Again, he ate what he liked, and did pretty well.  But, he is definitely limiting his food and drink intake.

His DD said it was quite cool and cloudy in Seattle.  They are going camping for the next few days (north of Seattle).  I talked to his younger DGD, and she said she was enjoying the vacation.  

Another hot day here, but pretty windy.  I have been doing some cleaning and laundry.  My financial review is next.  Probably won't make it to the pool, but maybe.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda