Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of June 17

I was just put and the humidity is very thick...reminds me where you used to live, Linda. I am more than grateful for ac.

i had to return leggings for syd...m picked them up yesterday and they were so huge that 2 of syd could fit in them. She had picked up 18 plus in girls sizes when she wears a 14 slim. I asked her if she had her glasses on.

Sydnie got a call back from a big agency for her la trip. The agency here said she is going to get multiple offers more than likely. We shall see.

today is fsther’s day. I am fixing a nice meal for v . He loves angel food cake si will whip one of those up in a bit.

Linda..hope Dh is good today. It is good that they caught his heel problem quickly. Each day is so different with dementia.

Claudia...hope your day is good. Poor Pepper really misses syd..but she likes us too so we can keep her happy.your gruff sounds like a fun dog.

have a good day..stay cool.💐💐

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of June 17

Good Afternoon!  I am definitely not a fan of that humidity, Barbara.   Not usually an issue here.  We did have some nice rain yesterday, and it was really nice on my walk this morning.  The temperatures should be back up to 100 degrees soon. 

Wow -- that was quite a mistake in leggings or Syd.  Did M forget her glasses?  One time, I received a TSV from here in size 2X.  This was years ago, and I just opened the package to try it on.  I could not believe how big it was on me.  LOL  Hope V enjoys his day and his special cake, and Syd does get multiple offers.

Also hope things are going okay there, Claudia.

I was very disappointed yesterday because DH just would not open his eyes or eat.  It was so difficult to feed him, even things he loves like ice cream.  Hopefully, he will be much better today.

His son just called, and I promised to call back when I am with his Dad.  I already planned to call his DD who is in Portland, OR with her family.  Sounds like they are having a good time.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and Happy Fathers's Day to V, R, and your SIL, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hot, hot, hot here. 100° when we went out to the car to go to dinner. I am so glad I mowed yesterday.

Adam called last night and did a video chat so we could see the boys. They're at their dad's for Father's Day weekend. He plans to call on his break at work to wish R Happy Father's Day.

Linda, I'm sorry to hear your DH isn't doing well. I know how you must worry.

I didn't get everything done today that I wanted to. Due to the heat I decided to wait to vacuum upstairs (downstairs is done). The cats go into panic mode at the sound of a vacuum.

Hope V enjoyed his day and Syd gets the offers she wants.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..our heat and humidity are gone so the house is open..it has been raining off and on. I tackled the laundry this morning..

I can go up and down steps much easier now. So decided to give v a break. 

I decided to order the tsv from yesterday. I had to toss an older version of those pants and really like them . So I broke my promise not to buy any clothes..lol.

M got some very good news about syd over the weekend .i cannot say more but if this happens their lives are going to change a lot. Sorry I am so vague.

Linda..Dh surely has his up and down days I can only imagine the emotions running through you. Many (((Hugs)) and prayers. You are a very strong woman

Claudia you are getting our heat. . Yuk is all I can say. Do you have ac. We had a 2 #story house when I was a kid in Cleveland. Of course there was no ac in those dats , but we had a window fan in the hallway that would pull all of the hot air out. It worked pretty well.  

Have a a good day. 🌼🌼

Esteemed Contributor

Glad your weather is better, and you are feeling better, Barbara.  Fingers crossed that all the good things come to Syd and M.  I am very worried about DH, but I am trying to take things one day at a time.  If he refuses to eat much today and tomorrow, I plan to discuss this with the hospice nurse.  Hope you like the TSV pants when they arrive.  I gave up my no shopping for shoes or clothes pledge last week, but I'm trying not to keep shopping.

Really hot there, Claudia.  I understand the East Coast is in for some very hot weather for the next couple of days.  Hope you can take it easy or at least not overdue.  Glad you and R could see the boys.

DD said that youngest DGS applied for and got a temporary job at a new store (getting it set up) -- some sort of home store.  The boss was very impressed, and expressed interest in hiring him full-time there or at a different location.  I think he took some sort of test in addition to the interview.

Army DGS found out that he will be in Reserves for three weeks next month -- somewhere in CA.  Hope that goes okay for him.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I think when you see an item that you know will work for you based on a similar item you own that it makes sense to pick it up. A purchase such as that isn't a bad thing. I know you think through your purchases.

It was in the 90's again today. Thank heavens for air conditioning that works. I found that Griff retreats to the garage through the open access door of he's out for any length of time.

Great news for Syd, Barbara.

Linda, I'm sorry your DH still isn't eating. (((hugs))). Adam spent time in CA when he was with the reserve. Fingers crossed for youngest DGS.

Foolishly I wore a pair of flats when we went to dinner last night, then stood on concrete/blacktop at the ice cream place. Today I'm paying for it. I need to get a pair of support flats that accommodate my blasted bunion. I thought I might get away wearing the support sneakers most of the time and regular dress shoes briefly. Guess that didn't work out so well.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  I know shoes can be so important on how you feel, Claudia.  Hope you find some flats that work for you -- don't cause pain.  Have you considered surgery for that bunion?  I know that many void the surgery since it results in lots of "down time", and your hands are very full taking care of R and your furbabies.  But, I just wonder if you have thought of this as an option someday.

Unfortunately, I do not have good news to report about DH.  He was sleeping in his wheelchair when I arrived, but woke up, which was the good part.  However, he was very slumped down in the chair, and the caregiver told me that this had been a problem all day.  They tried all sorts of things with pillows, stools, etc., but.....  Also, he is still not eating well at all.  I managed to feed him a carton of yogurt for dinner, and later a slice of cheese.  But, almost every bite was a struggle, and he is getting thinner and thinner.  I really wish I knew what he was thinking/feeling, but so far he has not said anything.  

I have the senior lunch program this morning, and then I plan to go to the gym.  Then, I'll visit DH. 

Hope you are still feeling okay, Barbara, and all is well with V and the rest of your family.  Also hope R, your furbabies, and you are doing okay, Claudia.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Very glad you have AC that works well, Claudia.  So do I, thank goodness.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..spent the morning running for m..syds hair stylist is downtown so I had to get her to her appointment. M had prescriptions to be picked up at a clinic in south minneapolis. Normally these are not bad runs but with all of the freeway construction. It is a challenge. Howerver, we were successful,. 

It is chilly and and pouring rain..At least we don’t have to worry about watering the lawn or garden.

Did I tell you that my son is going to have a knee replacement around Thanksging..he seriously injured it in hs and he knew this would happen eventually. 

Linda, so sorry to hear that Dh is not doing well. Unfortunately, he is doing what my sister in law did....the progression of the disease. You are such an angel to him. And I believe that he knows. ((((Hugs)))

Claudia, I do not miss the heat and humidity. .pepper did not last very long outdoors when it was so hot last weekend. Hope r is doing ok.

Amie has an interview tomorrow for an administrative position and she wants me to coach her, which I need to do. 

Enjoy yiur day.🌻🌻🌻

Respected Contributor

Today it's a bit cooler thanks to last night's thunderstorms. There was some damage to the north and west of us. TT headed out to the groomer today. There were several areas where construction was going on so it took longer than usual to get there. I dropped him off then picked up his monthly meds at the veterinary clinic and scheduled Rusty and Toby for their shots.

Too bad about your son's knee, Barbara but at least that surgery is available.

Todayis a bit better in moving about. So what did I do? Dropped TT off, went to the vet, grocery shopped, cleaned up the yard, put the recycling out, etc. I think I'm done for the night. The sneakers I have are good for over probation and bunion problems

At some point I want to replace some Windows and get gutter covers for the back of the house. I'll go with the less expensive option as any trees are at the back of the yard. Out front the tree was right there with tiny leaves. Also looking into getting rid of the campground timeshare we won't use. From the little research I've done i don't think we'll get back what we paid. Best choice may be to ask them to take it back if we pay the transfer fee. A rather expensive lesson.

Linda, I'm so sorry your DH isn't doing well. Such a hideous disease. I'm glad he woke up for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Sorry your son needs surgery, Barbara, but I know knee issues are particularly common among athletes.  I'm guessing my oldest DGS will need knee replacement when he gets older.  Maybe they will have invented a different solution by then, but.....  Good luck to Amie.  Glad you can help her prepare for the interview.

You certainly got a lot done, Claudia.  Hope you can get the window and gutter covering work done sooner rather than later.  DD and my SIL have pretty much decided to replace the carpeting in the "photo studio" (used to be living room) with different flooring, and I think that will happen next month.  I think they will be getting laminate flooring rather than hardwood due to the cost.

I guess road construction  is an issue all over.  On my trip up to the restaurant on Monday, the bus had to do all sorts of maneuvering around construction and torn up roads.  

I thought that I remembered your SIL going through a "no eating" phase, Barbara.  It is sure not easy to watch.  The caregiver told me that he doesn't want to eat much of anything, and she thought we should probably stick with shakes, yogurt, applesauce, cream of wheat, and maybe some pureed food.   They had quite a time with him the night before last -- he had food stuck in his cheek, and they were concerned that he would choke.  Feeding him anything takes a very long time.  He is also very sleepy, but did wake up for me yesterday afternoon.  They have him propped up by pillows because he keeps slumping down.  I really hate this disease.

Anyway, another hot day here, and we may have the hottest day of this year this Friday or Saturday.  Even if that doesn't happen, it will probably reach 100 degrees for the next several days.  Normal for this time of the year.  Fortunately, it wasn't too bad on my walk this morning.  I'll be visiting DH this morning, and hope to make it to the pool later.

Hope both of you are doing okay and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda