Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of June 16

Good afternoon..m and syd are at tae kwando..she was invited to work towards her black belt..not everyone gets to do that. She is going to be busy with dance and this, school and the occasional modeling jib.

She would have been in a commercial here, but she had to be able to play golf..and she knows nothing about it. Lol

v and I are going out for dinner..I am tired of cooking.

Linda..hope your hospice visit goes well today. And that dgs is feeling better. I have had pneumonia many times and it is not fun. 

Claudia..was the art fair nice..I love going to things like that, but obviously, I would not happy doing that currently. 

My my mammogram was normal..I will find out about the bone density test next week. 

Enjoy the rest of the day and sleep well.

🤩🤩

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Hope the art show was good, Claudia.  That is something about the flooding not being reported in the local paper.  Our local paper that only comes out twice a week is very good at digging up local stories.  Interestingly enough, there was a recent problem with rabies south of here, and the two animal shelter managers only found out  about it (they were concerned about family pets) from the newspaper accounts.  They were upset.

Sorry you are still having so much pain, Barbara.  Hope the new biologic works well and the side effects are not too bad for you.  My favorite pool buddy and I talked about her cancer treatments while we were swimming laps yesterday afternoon.  She has non-hodgkin's lymphoma and had chemo for 2 1/2 years.  She said they check her every few months, and so far it is under control, but she is not cured.  Her doctor told her that the fact that she is very active is a help, so she keeps very active with walking, swimming, etc.  But, she said it wasn't easy to stay active when she was having her chemo treatments.  

Syd is one talented and busy girl.  Hope you and V have a nice dinner.

My hospice visit went well, but the patient's caregiver is not sure what he will be doing next week, so I will just wait for his call.  He and his daughter were out a little longer than planned, but it was fine.  HIs Mom talked to me a bit about her love of sports, and said she was a bit of a "tom boy" when she was young.  That is my name for it, not hers.  (She is from Costa Rica, and her English is a bit accented.).  Anyway, I asked, and both her son and granddaughter are into sports as well.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It was a beautiful day to drive to the show. I had to park further away than I hoped but I managed. I ended up spending more than I had planned but the items I purchased were ones I knew I would regret if I passed them up. One of the items I bought is a beautiful landlocked jacket. The vendor had her service dog there - a beautiful blue eyes Siberian Husky. I was reminded our Shelby.

Sydnie certainly will be busy, Barbara. Last I heard my elder gs in Tulsa wanted to be a veternarian. I hope this new biologic gives you the results you are hoping for. It's tough not being able to do the things you enjoy.

Linda, I'm glad the hospice visit went well.. Today's paper had a small "blurb" about the flooding. R's muzzleloader friends are still pumping water out of their basement and cannot use their well.

I mowed the back yard this afternoon and hope to mow out front tomorrow plus use the weedwacker behind the garage. Rain again Monday. We got the bathroom estimate and will.probably accept it. Most likely it will be October before they can start.