Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of June 16

Good morning..another lovely day..perfect weather..the high might be 70.

Sydnie made V breakfast for Fathers Day...pancakes.. She I quite the good cook. 

Will have steaks on the on the grill for dinner..V will cook those. I am most unambitious today..lol.

Claudia..that would be hard to take sides re the mess with your grandsons.things need to be decided in their best interest. 

Linda..nice pic of you and your dad,..

enjoy tye day...I liked the tsv dress but I ambiding by my noclotes purchase so resisted. Is that the dress you ordered, Linda?

🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of June 16

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Glad Syd is such a good cook and made pancakes for a special Father's Day breakfast. Enjoy your weather and the steaks for dinner.

Nice that Adam is doing so well, Claudia.  Very difficult situation with your grandsons and custody.  I think I'd have to do the same as you since the boys are the most in need of care.  Love Greek spinach pie -- yum.  No Greek restaurants in our area, but I'm sure there are some in Tucson.

Yes, it was the TSV I ordered, Barbara.  I only have a few dresses, but enjoy wearing them.  If I like this one, it will replace the one I got at a discount store several years ago.  It is okay, but not colorful, etc.  I wear shrugs, sweaters, or jackets with my sleeveless dresses, and I think it looks nice.  Today I wore my Linea floral dress which I love to church.

Off to the gym next.  Need to get back in time for lunch before going to my widow's group.  I'm not sure if I will continue with this group much longer because there are several other members who belong to the church where it is held as is the leader.  They talk about sermons, pastors, etc., who I don't know.  Also, some of the ladies have been widows for many years so their perspectives/needs are quite different than mine.  But, I'm keeping an open mind about it.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

The forecast was right. It has rained all day and last I looked it as 65°. The dogs of course are reluctant to go off the porch. R hasn't felt well and I ended up picking supper up. I'm really glad I made the extra effort to mow yesterday.

I hate having to take sides but Whitney has forced us to do so. The boys at ages 10 and 15 are the most important people and her actions have not only separated them from their dad but also their uncle and both sets of grandparents.

That's a very cute dress, Linda. I tell myself I have enough and not much chance to wear them. Once Tip is past the puppy stage I'll probably wear them more often.

Tippy has been roaming the 1st floor looking for items to take. Your think she had no toys. She always has a big smile on her face and that tail never stops wagging.

What a sweetheart Sydnie is, Barbara. Enjoy your steaks. I have very little get up and go today but have managed to get a few things done. Too bad I don't have Tippy's energy.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow, I can't believe the boys are that old, Claudia.  Those kids sure grow up fast!  Hope you are able to see them again very soon.

Respected Contributor

Happy Monday...it remains cool here..good way to save on ac. 

I took sydnie out to attempt to purchase a couple of bras...she is going to try a sports bra..she has been wearing little bralettes but m wanted something more for high school. She is so tiny that we had to go to the girls section to find them..lol.

i need to do a bit of cleaning...I. Keep things up in between my cleaning lady cleaning.

claudia..whit sounds as if she needs some professional help...I am sorry things are so difficult. Hope r is feeling better.

we head up to Amie’s for the day to get our eyes examined. I am having trouble reading small print so I am going to need new lenses.,

Linda..hope your widows group was ok yesterday. I know that sometimes the focus and function of a group changes over time. It seems like you and your hospice patient are a good match.

have a great day. 😘😘

Esteemed Contributor

Hope R is feeling better today, Claudia.  DD said that their weather isn't nice -- thunderstorms, etc., and that is what is expected the next several days.  In contrast, it is hot and dry here. Youngest DGS had his CT scan, and we are hoping for the best.  The deductible was much higher than expected (about 35%).

Glad you were able to do some cleaning and take Syd to look for bras, Barbara.  I was never tall, and I had hips even when I was thin, but I have always been flat chested.  Hopefully, Syd will get out of the girls department at some point.  Glad you are able to get new lenses for the small print.

The widows group was better yesterday, so I guess I will go to the next meeting in a couple of weeks.  It helped that we had a couple of new ladies, including a lady whose husband passed away in January.  

I had strong bones class this morning and then took the tax refund check to the bank.  Then I went to the grocery store for some produce on sale (Sprouts).  They have such good deals there on produce.

I hope to go to the pool this afternoon.  Hopefully, the water won't be quite as hot as the last time I swam.

Hope both of you and your families and furbabies have a nice evening, and you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm glad the widows group was better this time. Fingers crossed for youngest vs and the results.

The kitchen window repair is done. They estimated 1 hour but it took over 3. They built the frames out and insulated. Griffyn inspected the windows looking into the porch and yard up close and personal.

Barbara, I definitely agree Whit needs better professional help but it's out of my hands. I really think she's convinced herself of her claims and won't take it well if the hearing is not in her favor.

It sounds like it's time to get new glasses.

Tomorrow I really need to start cleaning upstairs.

I hope everyone has a nice evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad the kitchen window repair is done, Claudia.  Hope things are okay there, and you got started with your chores.

Hope you were able to get the new prescription for your lenses, Barbara.  Nice that you have a SIL to help out.

I'm back from the senior lunch program that went well.  I will be leaving for the gym soon (not my regular gym since it is closed for a couple of weeks.)

I did make it to the pool yesterday, and the water and company was nice.  

DD said it is still raining there, and the rain is expected to continue for the rest of the week.  She hopes to do more painting over the weekend.  DGS should hear the results of his CAT scan on Thursday -- hopefully, he is okay.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm not started with my chores. It appears I'll be scrambling at the last minute as usual.

I took R to the closest SSA office as he needs his SS card to apply for Real Id. I thought we had it in the safe but only found mine. We have all the other needed documentation.  Afterwards we stopped at Wegmans. Since R was with me I ended up with more groceries than planned. Once home he wanted to go out and test a pistol. That took more time. At least the recycling is out.

No rain today and it reached 80°. Hot and humid.I

Yesterday I saw the house we lived in from 1964-74 is for sale so looked at the photos online. Interesting. I knew the woodwork had been refinished and the 2 front bedrooms made into one. They added to the back porch and built a deck onto that. What surprised me was that they didn't add a bathroom. There is still only one and that upstairs. Also the one stall detached garage appears to no longer be a garage. There's a glass door. Imo they'd be better off adding a downstairs bathroom and keeping the garage. No a.c. either. They do say you can't go home again.

Walls are all off white except the dining room is a bright mustard color and kitchen a deep blue.

Since I checked that out I also checked out our first house (1950-64) that was sold in December. The breakfast room has been changed into a family room with a fireplace and the carport torn down. The first floor half bathroom was expanded to include a washer and dryer. A deck was also added. No a.c. though.I

Fingers crossed for the ct scan results, Linda. I'm glad you made it to the pool.I

Hope you are feeling well, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I had no time to post yesterday..it is a 3+ hour drive up and back. We had a great time with the girls, got our eyes examined and had a good dinner.

i needed a bit of correction for my close vision and I picked out a couple os pairs of new frames..

I like interesting frames, so one is blue and pink,mthe otherorange and yellow. We pay next to nothing for everything..our sil is very generous.

i had my port flushed this morning and had a long lunch with a good friend. V and syd did the grocery shopping.

it is a little warmer today

claudia..it wounded interesting looking at your former homes.when I was in Cleveland, we drove by my child hood homes but did not go in. Both were in very good shape.

Linda..hope dgs has good news on his ct scan.i read about your knees hurting from yoga..do you have a good padded mat?. That helps a lot. There is a big fire burning about 20 miles from our Az home.

enjoy your day.😘😘