Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of July 23

The weather has cooled dow...I have on ankle pants and a long sleeved pullover. When it is hot for a while, I tend to be chilly when the weather cools.

i mistakenly took my night pills this am so I cannot go anywhere for a while. I usually look at them but I did not this morning..I was chatting with syd. Yikes

have to move things out of the way downstairs so there is a wide pathway for the bathroom remodel. I want that done. 

Nothing rxciting for today..it is nice to feel well. 

More later.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of July 23

Good Morning/Afternoon!  I guess it is a good thing that your weather has cooled a little, Barbara.  I think I'm more sensitive to temperature changes than I was in the past.  Glad that you are feeling well, but sorry about the pill mix-up.  I am also glad I don't take different pills at night and morning because I am easily distracted.  Good luck with clearing the path for the bathroom re-model.  

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia, and R and your furbabies are not causing problems for you.  Keeping all of them going must be tiring to say the least.

We had rain yesterday evening, and that may have caused my sleepiness this morning.  I didn't stay up late, and I slept pretty well, but felt like a little extra rest in the morning.  Church went fine, and I'm headed to the gym soon.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is hot and humid today. Not as bad as some places but too hot for me. I have most of the garbage out. Just one last bag.

I have been searching high and low for a neck wire. It's not where I thought it was. I started getting things together for Norfolk so I don't have to rush at the last minute. The cats think they should help.

At least you found out about the medicine mixup, Barbara. Some years ago a former Canadian poster accidentally took her husband's morning medicine including his diabetes medicine. She hastily called the doctor who told her to eat food high in sugar during the day.

Linda, I'm another who is easily distracted. I really didn't want to get up this morning.

It looks like a storm is heading out way. If better get the last of the garbage out front.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...syd and I ran errands ..pepper chewed on her collar last night and broke the clasp so we had to get a new one.picked up an extra and also a new harness...Syd has another dance camp this week..ballet and musical theater..from 1-9 so it will be a long time for her but she is old enough to handle that.

i finished my scarf..love the gradations of blu. I will post a pic after it is blocked and dry. 

The workers tore tore out the bathroom downstairs..but unless the stars align perfectly it will not be done this week...which means it may not be completed until,after we get back. Everything is a process.

got a weather alert about flash flooding where we live in Az. I checked the news and it sounds like around 2 inches...that is lot of rain. 

No no pill mix up this morning..lol.

have a good day. 

Esteemed Contributor

That is pretty wild about Pepper.  Good idea to buy a back-up just in case.  Looking forward to seeing your scarf.  Hope the bathroom renovation can be completed in time.  Also hope no problems with the rain and your Arizona house.  We had a brief, but heavy shower earlier, and is raining again.

Hope your weather is okay, Claudia.

Army DVD had a fun weekend at the beach but  he didn't get the work study job.  At least he has the surplus store job.  DGD found she was not doing well in Chemistry, and dropped the class.  Long story.  Youngest DGS is one of the few doing well.

DH was being changed when I arrived.  They had quite a struggle with him, but he is okay now.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's always good to have a spare collar. We had a pup years ago who chewed up his collar leaving only the metal parts and tags. Looking forward to the scarf picture, Barbara. Remodeling always takes longer than planned.

It's a lot cooler here. It's a welcome respite. R slept a good portion of the day and is unhappy over the lack of progress with his wrist.

We haven't had a lot of rain so far. It threatens then there's just a few sprinkles.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...syd is getting ready for dance camp. She said that she liked the musical theatre very much...and she did not want to go..lol. She got to demonstrate some singing techniques because she does sing on pitch and has a sweet voice. 

I got got some of my blinds washed today...my cleaning lady never does it for whatever reason..I WILL,TAKE SYD TONDANCE AND THEN RUNSOME ERRANDS. 

sorry about out the caps.

Linda..too bad that dgd had to drop,chemistry...college level chemistry is difficult is you did not have it in high school with a lab. Too bad dgs did not get the work study job. Hope your visit with Dh goes well.

Claudia your trip must be coming up pretty soon. If you like seafood, it is excellent where you are going.

nothing new here..have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad Syd is enjoying the musical theater, Barbara.  Good that your blinds were washed.  Did you buy some new Barefoot Dreams stuff?  I could not tell from your post on the other thread.  I have not tried that brand.  I think DGD had a chemistry lab for high schoolers at the college, but I'm not sure.  She has changed majors, and now does not need chemistry -- just as well.  

Glad your weather is cooler, Claudia.  It is a shame about R's wrist.  DD said it is cooler there today, but we are going in the opposite direction for a while.  It may make it to 100 degrees tomorrow.  I knew that the high temperatures were bound to return, but.....

The weather was nice on my walk this morning, and the senior lunch program went okay.  There were a few little issues, but nothing too serious.  I'll be leaving for the gym shortly, and then I'll visit DH.  He was doing pretty well yesterday, except for all the problems they had with changing him (and it made him nervous).  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hate blind cleaning, Barbara. It's not an easy job. Glad Sydnie enjoyed her musical theater. She has many talents. It appears we'll be gone about the same time. We'll be at the reunion 3 nights and one overnight near the airport before we fly to Norfolk.j

The gutter contractor came by this afternoon. and gave us an estimate on gutter cleaning and gutter guards for the front area. The gutters themselves are good. $550 for the top of the line seems a good price and includes gutter cleaning.

It was cool again today. I just mowed. I decided to take advantage of the cool dry weather. R had his ct scan and we stopped at Perkins afterwards.

I never had to take chemistry and it was probably just as well, Linda. I'll take English or history over math and science any day. I hope your DH continues to do well.

I hope everyone sleeps well.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...the bathroom is being worked on so I am stuck here because v is playing bridge and m is working.i need some groceries but can get them later. 

I  made made a list for our trip..we do not need a ton of clothes because we have a washer and dryer. I booked a boat cruise for us of the inland waterway system...Syd is very excited. There is a ropes course, an aquarium, water park etc plus the ocean and the pools at the resort so she will have a great time.

i see my rheumatologist tomorrow. Will be interesting to see what he says about changing biologics. 

Claudia...one of my friends broke her wrist a year ago and 2 surgeries later, she is still not completely healed. It appears in some cases, they take a long time. Your gutter quote sounds good. We have big overhangs on our home here so do not need gutters.

Linda, hope your day is going well. What did dgd change her major to..( badly constructed sentence). ???it looks pretty warm in Phoenix.

have a good day.