Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of Jauary 15

Good morning...it is rainy and cool here. Church was fine. I have pork chops in the crockpot fr dinners. It ha fresh mushrooms which v will pick out..lol.

My shawl is finally finished and I am happy with it. Will take a pic and post it.

i may have to go home for an extra week in March.Because work at home was taken away, m will have to take off 6 days to cover it. If I do that, I will stay here until later in April. We shall see.

Linda..love the purple highlights. Good for you. Glad dh was having a decent day.

Claudia. It is always good to have drawers organized. I have gone through the ones here to discover what treasures I had hidden away. I hope r can find some relief for his pain.

enjoy your day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of Jauary 15

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Rainy and cool here as well, Barbara.  Thanks for your comments about my hair.  So far, no negative comments and several compliments.  But, no one said a word at church which probably indicates they were not impressed.  Thank goodness, I am old enough not to really care what others think with the exception of friends and family.

I ended up eating the Mexican soup (it has little meat balls in it) at DH's place yesterday evening, so dinner was mostly vegetables.  Tonight I'll have the ground meat and potatoes that I was planning for yesterday.

That is a shame about M's schedule.  What creeps not to let her work at home.  

I like the shawl, and I'm glad you were able to finish it.

Hope R is okay, Claudia, and your weather isn't too bad.  I keep hearing about bad weather in Oklahoma.  My oldest nephew also lives there.

DH seemed to be pretty good today -- able to do some walking.  But, he was a bit sleepy.  Poor Larry has been falling quite a bit, and he has a couple pretty large goose eggs to prove it.  I am trying to help him sit on the sofa and/or chair when I can, but he is forever getting up.  Some of the others are also having "issues".  I'm glad DH hasn't turned mean or anything and still likes to see me.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I must admit I found a few things I had forgotten about. That's what happens when you have young kittens trying to help- clothes end up just shoved in drawers.

I love the colors you used in making the shawl. It's a darn shame M has to worry about taking 6 days off.

Good for you Linda not worrying what others think. When are you going to try the pink dye?

I can't recall if Adam had reserve this weekend or if it's next weekend. I did warn him of the forecast.

Poor Larry. He seems to need a higher level of care. It's a blessing DH hasn't become mean or difficult to deal with.

Respected Contributor

The morning surely zipped by. I made a grocery run, cleaned a bit and sang. Now I get to sit and wait for the dryer repair person. My energy level is pretty low today. Yikes.

i need to get organized for my brothers' visit. I am not planning a lot of meals because they like to go out when they travel. I will do a meal of ribs and another of chicken. I hope I am a little more functional because they like to be very active.

Glad dh is still ok. Do they have different levels of care, where he is st, Linda??? It is pretty cool here..

I got a message from the breeder that Pepper mother was for sale...she cannot have any more litters.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, some one else got her. Pepper is almost a carbon copy. It is probably a good thing.

Claudia..hope your day is going well. 

M said it was very icy in the twin cities.

have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Sorry you aren't up to your normal level of energy, Barbara.  It sounds like you have already accomplished quite a bit.  I hope the dryer is an easy fix.  Probably best to ease into dog ownership.  I think Pepper is keeping you quite busy and entertained for the moment, correct?

I'm not sure if this will be a one time only wild color for me, Claudia.  If I decide to have it done again, I'll need to make some arrangements with the hairdresser.  The company does not carry vivid colors, so the purple is one of hers she brought from home.  And, she only uses purple.  DD thinks I should continue with the color, but I was thinking it would be the one wild thing I did in my later years.  The purple should last for a while.

DH facility has four levels of care, and DH is #3.  I'm not sure about Larry, but probably the same.  The director told me that DH might stay at #3 for the whole time. Even if he moves one step up, it would only be an extra $200 a month  I noticed they had more caregivers there today, so maybe it is to help Larry.  He fell again this morning.  They do not offer 24/7 nursing care there, and I believe only one facility in the area does so -- very pricey. 

DH was a bit sleepy today, but he seemed happy enough.  I called his son so they could talk, and I was surprised that his son talked longer than usual (he is normally very quiet.)

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I hope you are more "functional" for the visit, Barbara. At least you won't need to worry about many meals. Linda, DH's care place sounds like mother's assisted living. She moved to the nursing home that was on the grounds once we saw she needed more care than assisted living could provide. Soon after that she qualified for nursing home care through the Medicaid program. She could have stayed at assisted living but it wasn't in her best interest. It's good your dh had an enjoyable chat with his son. Not much going on today. The neighbor's across the street are having water line problems. The yard has been dug up and there were 2 vans from the repair company parked there today. Griff and Bo were fussing. TT could have cared less. Two dogs often keep each other company but some prefer being the only dog.
Respected Contributor

We played 500 this morning..THE group that plays are a lot of fn. I have choir on a little bit.

the dryer is fixed...drum got off balance...so I am doing a lot of washing.,lol.v is helping because my hands are annoying me today.

The freezing rain fell in the southern part of the cities, s m missed it. She saw her dr this morning. He owns 2 mini schnauzers and thinks Pepper ( who has had lots of accidents) the past few days, may have an infection. That would make sense to me. M will have her checked our.

Linda, I read on the other thread that dh was having mobility problems. Hope he is better today and that your volunteer job goes well.

Caudia..I think the bad weather may be heading your way. When is your trip.

may you both have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad your dryer is repaired, and V is helping with the laundry, Barbara.  Nice that you had fun playing 500 and hope choir goes well.  Also hope that solving Pepper's issues is not difficult.   Fingers crossed DH is better today, but at least he is still smiling.

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia.  I know some dogs are very sensitive to noise, etc.

The senior lunch program went fine, but I had to stay longer to get the salad bar ready for tomorrow.  My regular buddy was out, so I was the salad bar lady today.  DD said Army DGS was told he will be deployed to Kuwait this spring/summer.  Since he has been told of planned deployments in the past that did not come true, I'm not getting too excited/worried.  But, this could delay him finishing his AA degree, getting his driver's license, etc.  He is not entitled to take the test for a provisional license until August, and he may be away then.  Oh well....

Off to the gym now.  Hope both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I had wondered if the dryer drum was the problem, Barbara. That was our problem shortly after we bought the dryer. Glad it's working again. Not as glad as you are. 

I hope Pepper is soon feeling better.

Situations change as far as deployments, Linda. I agree you should wait and see. It's good DH is still smiling. He is such a nice man.

We have had rain all day. R is at bowling now. I scheduled TT for grooming Friday and called the vet to refill his pills. I can pick them up Friday. That will save a trip. The vet and groomer are in the same town.

Respected Contributor

It is a pretty day here, but rain and cooler stuff on the way for tomorrow. I am trying to move my achy body around to get laundry and some cleaning done. I do it in chunks and then sit for a while.