Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of February 17

Good evening! I'm glad Sydnie enjoyed the museum and you could point things out to her, Barbara.

M is lucky she made it home. I remember Adam having some Army training. He flew out of a small airport 35 minutes north of here. We offered to drive him but he took his vehicle. Coming back the weather was bad and the plane stopped at another small airport 40+ miles east of here and decided not to continue. As he was under 21 he couldn't rent a car. Off we went in atrocious weather to get him as the airport was closing. Partway home he discovered he left his cell phone charging at The airport. By that time they were closed so we had to drive out The next day to retrieve it. The next day we had to drive him  to the other airport to get his car. 

Griff got to the groomers this morning and since the weather was good I went on to Wegmans for groceries. We had snow by the time I went back to get him but the roads weren't bad. Now I hear one of the roads is a sheet of ice with a couple accidents. I was told Griff would only let one of the groomers groom him today. No idea why.

Linda, I'm glad your DGD got home safely. I heard the weather in her area was bad. Assisted living might be a good option for your friend.

When I still worked one of my clients came in for an eligibility recertification. He was one one of those who fell between the cracks- too much income for his wife and him to get much help but not enough income to keep a house up and pay medical bills. After noticing his fingers had a bluish tinge plus his lips I asked if he was a veteran and he was. I had him contact the VA rep and next time I saw him no bluish tinge.

Tip was throwing a puppy temper tantrum earlier. She was trying to get my dinner, chew ing what she shouldn't, and trying out her baby teeth on me. Finally I put her in her crate. After she calmed down I opened the door and she's been good since.

Earlier we crated her since R was bowling and I was picking Griffyn up. She did quite well. Hope she does well tomorrow when we have the VA appointment.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is chilly again here. Syd meets with her Spanish tutor in a while and they sit outside so I am wearing layers.will do a bit of grocery shopping afterwards. 

We did schoolthis morning..she will do more later.

V SAID IT IS REALLY Rainig in Phoenix...everything is very green out here because of all the rain.

Linda..you have a busy day..Read it on the other thread. Hope your friend is ok with her teeth issue.

Pepper got groomed. V could not get her to stand up for a picture..he said she still looks chubby.lol

Claudia..laughed about the puppy tantrum I am sure that she and Griff will become friends. There is a 7 month old Newfie at the dog park...she is very rough with the small dogs..the owner is pretty much intomignoring her.

enjoy the rest of the day..claudia. Hope your weather is not too bad.💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  We haven't had much rain here so far, but it is very grey, windy, and chilly.  Really looking forward to the warmer (more normal) weather predicted for next week.  That is a cute story about Pepper after grooming, Barbara.  Sorry the puppy owner in the dog park isn't being very responsible.  Hope you weren't too cold during Syd's outdoor Spanish lesson.  

I guess Tippy is testing the limits, Claudia.   Glad you were able to get out yesterday, and I hope things went okay today.

DD said everyone was back at work at the regular time today.  It is warmer there, but messy/slushy.

The OLLI class was good, and the gym went okay.  I think I tried a bit too hard on the assisted pull-up machine, and I may end up taking a pain killer for my shoulder if it continues to burn/ache.  I really want to work on my upper body, but even a small change seems to be difficult.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had no problem driving to and from the VA. It was cold but sunny. I am tired though. R is at bowling. Griff and Tip played out back. I think he tired her out . He was being careful with schooling and not playing rough.  She is sleeping beside him and not trying to chew on me.

Hurray! Pippin's food finally arrived. Good thing as I ran out this morning.

Last night when I started up the stairs Tip was beside me. Rusty and Maggie Mae we're at the foot of the stairs. Rusty started running his face against Tip's face and looking in her ears. Silly cat. He used to do that to Sam. A week or so ago he tried that with Griff then seemingly realized it wasn't Sam (after 4 years), backed away and scooted upstairs.

Tomorrow is R's urology appointment. At least we won't have to drive far.

Btw, we were gone 5 hours today and Tip had no accidents in her crate.

Linda, I hope your shoulder improves. I'm glad to hear your DD's weather is better today.

It's a good thing you packed layers, Barbara. I can picture a chubby, fluffy Pepper.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is chilly still but no snow...I posted a picture of the snow covered mountain that we can see from our living room window. M said that her flight may be delayed or cancelled tomorrow..I hope she has enough sense to rebook for an earlier flight since there is no charge.

Linda that snow in Tucson is pretty amazing. You are smart not to go out because people in Az cannot drive in rain, much less snow.

Claudia..hope all went well with rs appointment. What is Tippy upmtontoday???

i ammtrying to get syd to work a lot on her school stuff while I am here.

Enjoy your day.🎈🎈

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like things are going pretty well with Tippy, Claudia.  Hope R's urology appointment went well.

I was wondering if you got snow in LA, Barbara. It snowed for several hours here -- pretty big flakes. This is the third time this year which may be a record. It looks like it is just rain mixed with a small amount of snow now, but it is after 2:00 p.m. Snow was not predicted for our area, so it was quite a surprise. In my case, unpleasant surprise. Really looking forward to warmer, sunny weather which should come next week.

Glad you are able to help Syd with her schoolwork. Hope M makes it there okay. Don't know if I mentioned it, but my friend's (Jo Ann's) DIL's flight schedule for Monday was canceled so she and Jo Ann's grandson ended up spending an extra day with her. I think Jo Ann's son will be returning to LA (actually Santa Monica, I think) today.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but DH's friend and I had a pretty bad conversation (politics) last month. I really regretted saying anything, and hoped that it would be forgotten until he sent me two e-mails one morning arguing his views. I wrote back saying that I valued his friendship but wanted no more political conversations. Silence followed for several weeks until he called last night. Nothing was said about the incident or politics which really pleased me. He is going on a trip to Florida next week, and he will probably be away for a month or so. Whew! I am glad we have moved on. DH's daughter said that DH used to enjoy those sorts of debates and perhaps his friend thought I was the same.

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

:Linda

Respected Contributor

Today's appointment went well. The psa is up slightly but not enough for concern. In 6 months R will have a cystoscope to check the bladder.

I saw your snow picture, Linda. What an unwanted sight for you to see this morning. I try not to get in to a political or religious discussion. I won't convince anyone to change and they won't convince me. Glad you and your DH's friend were able to move on.

Barbara, I hope M can reschedule her flight.

Tippy has her moments. When she is good she's very good. No crate accidents while we were at the doctor but a few in the house this afternoon. 

I did stop briefly at Aldi's on the way home. I found an under the sink storage piece. I had looked online but couldn't find something freestanding. This one was exactly what I wanted in steel mesh. Also found a spoon rest/pot lid holder. I also found a plastic container for Tully's dogfood. She was so excited she tried to eat out of it when I was filling her dish.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am at Syd acting studio..she has commercial class today.  That is our activity for the day ..lol...

V said that it looked like there was more snow on the mountain...Very strange weather for Az. His brother is in Palm Springs for the month. They usually go to Florida which has been very warm this year, while Palm Springs has been cold. 

I talked to m and looked at the radar and the snow is still quite q ways away..fingers crossed that she gets out.

Hope you are having a good day..stay warm. 🥶🥶

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad you found things you wanted at Aldi's, Claudia.  Very happy R's appointment went well.

It is nice and sunny here today, but still chilly.  I have to say that the snow on the mountains is beautiful.  Just wish it hadn't come on the valley.  Apparently, there were several snow-related accidents in the area yesterday, and one person was killed on the highway.  Things still look good for normally warm weather starting on Tuesday.  

Hope things are okay there, Barbara, and M got a flight.  Several flights were canceled at the Tucson airport yesterday.  Don't imagine that happens due to snow very often.

Nothing exciting going on here -- laundry, exercise/walking, and my weekly financial review.  I had a nice talk with DH's DD yesterday evening.   She and the two girls are going away to Mexico for spring break next month, and she has approved leave for a family trip to Turkey in June.  The teachers in their school district were on strike, so the girls had two days off school this week. They were happy about it.  She also told me that DH's DIL and grandson are not going to Turkey for the summer this year.  She thinks he probably put his foot down about not going, and now that he is older (17), I guess his Mom didn't think she could fight it.  She may go for a brief trip on her own, however.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA --  I guess we were posting about the same time, Barbara.  That is too bad about the weather in Palm Springs.  It does seem like Florida weather is better than ours this winter.  Hope things go well for M, and Syd enjoys her class.

Respected Contributor

I hope M manages to get out, Barbara. I hate when that are cancellations or delays.

It was sunny but cold here too, Linda. Errands took up a good portion of my day.

I just helped R load his muzzleloader gear into the car for tomorrow's shoot. There's a high wind warning for tomorrow. Other than that Tippy has kept me busy. Too busy. The clutter is building up.