Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of February 10

Good afternoon..I had my massage this morning and then did schoolwork with Sydnie. She is fun to teach and is very inquisitive. She is studyingAfrica And we had an interesting discussion on race. I enjoy this age because she is really thinking.

i hAd my hair restyled today..I am adjusting the style be cause it looks like an old lady blowout and I do not wear my hair that way. Yikes...I really like how he cuts my hair but not the style.  Lol🥴🥴

we are going to a to a dinner show with friends for Valentine’s Day. It should be fun.

linda..there are many rescues for hikers here..that is a sad story. I am sure dgs will be fine on his drive back...IT SOUNDS AS IF THE NEW JOB WILL BE GOOD FOR HIM

sorry about the caps...

Claudia..I wonder how Griff did with the puppy. Pepper is real alpha dog..kind of annoying at times.

Enjoy your evening..we need tongononthe dog park.🎈🎈

Respected Contributor

Such a sad story about the hiker, Linda. I hope your friend's son arrived.

I picked Griff up this morning. I was told he wasn't happy there. They thought he was missing TT. Since both had boarded there before he may have thought his buddy would be there. He never got to say goodbye to him. 

The roads were not good this morning. I took the road recommended by the kennel. The township clears that road and does a better job than the state does on the other road. Driving home there was a whiteout. When I got to the highway from the back road I decided not to try to turn left. Instead I turned right and at the traffic light a quarter mile away I was able to turn back to town. Most of the day it was windy and cold. Darn cold. Tomorrow will be warmer.

When meeting the pup Griff was pretty good. They both raced around the yard. Later in the house he took her stuffed toy  and told her where he thought she shouldn't be. He even got himself into her crate, then walked back out. Outside he took the branch she was chewing. He definitely was expressing to her that he is the boss. Hope things settle down over the next few days. One thing, he did eat his food because he worried she might get it. All TT would have to do was peer around the corner into the kitchen and Griff would hurry to his food and start eating.

We finally agreed on a name -Tipperary. Probably will get shortened to Tippy. White tip on the tail.

Barbara, I imagine it's fun teaching Sydnie. It's a great age. I hope you like the restyle.

Not much going on here for Valentine's Day. R will have bowling and I will be puppy sitting.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and Happy Valentine's Day! 

Love the name Tippy, Claudia.  Hope things continue to go okay with Griff.  I think his behavior is pretty normal -- there is always a pecking order. Great that he is eating a little better.  Your drive sounds horrible.  Hope that is the last trip like that this year at least.  Yikes!  Hope R does okay at bowling, and you have fun getting to know Tippy a little better.

Sorry you aren't happy with your new hairstyle, Barbara.  That sort of thing really, really bothers me.  And, that is the reason I try to find a hairdresser who knows what I want and does it.  I know it will grow out in time, etc., but not fun.  Glad you are enjoying teaching Syd.  She is in a good age, and also is a smart cookie.  Hope you enjoy dinner tonight. 

DD is feeling a little better, but not completely well.  My CPR training was shorter than expected, which suited me fine.  But, I did have to eat lunch very fast in order to get there in time.  The volunteer coordinator thinks she may have a new patient for me, which would be great.

My friend has not called back, so I guess her son must be there.  I'll try again tomorrow or over the weekend.

Pretty cloudy here, but warm.  We are supposed to get some rain, but non so far.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is another cool rainy day. I managed to walk pepper in between downpours. 

Played bridge de this morning...fun..I have clothes finished in the dryer but want to post first.

inrestyled my hair this morning and am happy with it...we had. Great dinner show last night...it is called the Arizona opry..literally a hLf mile down the road. They are a very talented group of singers and musicians.

Linda..the cut is great..he just over staled it when he did the blowout...glad your cpr training went well..hope dgd feels better.

Claudia...Tippy is a cute name. Yikes on the weather....I told you Pepper views herself as N alpha dog...it is funny to towatch her try to be dominant over a big dog. Enjoy the puppy.

i need to get those clothes out. Sleep well 💖💖

happy Valentines Day.💜💜

Respected Contributor

I think this may be the last long drive. R obviously isn't up to it. Some montmonths ago he was adamant about driving. For him to now say we'd fly if we went is a big concession. On the way down he only drove 2 hours out of the 11 hours it took us. That was only because it was dark. Driving back he only drove about 2 hours out of the 8. Previous trips he did most of not all the driving.

I'm glad you enjoyed last night's dinner show, Barbara. My parent's first Boston Terrier was always ready to take on any bigger dogs. She was sure she was the boss.

I am not getting much done here except for keeping an eye on the pup. Oddly she does exactly what TT would - she peers around the fridge towards Griff's food. Griff then makes a mad dash to claim his food.

Glad your cpr training is done and there's a possibility of someone to help, Linda.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I got up, showered and was at the grocery store by 8:30. I had to actually shop this week and I wanted to get done before it got too crazy. My plan worked out well...

Took Pepper for a walk earlier and my knees are still yelling at me. I just got back from having my port flushed..a bit of a trip but I like the hospital that does it.

claudia..v still likes to drive long distances...but I think the day will come when he no longer wants to. Sounds like you are enjoying the puppy...how big will she get????pepper still looks chubby because she has a massive amount of hair on her. 

Linda..hope your day is going well....I am not going to bother to read the book for my book club because 2 members I talked to did not like it at all. One friend and I have very similar tStes in what we like to read.

nontsv for me..I prefer to dry and finger comb my hair..that gives me a better look.

have a good evening.🧧🧧

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can sympathize with your knees, Barbara. I cannot just let Tip out. I have to go down the steps with her following me, then wait standing on the blacktop for her to decide to go. She has attached herself to me. Right now she's sleeping at my feet. I get up, she gets up.

Griff caught her helping herself to his food and told her off in no uncertain terms. I now have his food up and only put it down at certain times. At least he's eating more.I

I scheduled the pup's next series of shots for the 1st of next month. Griff gets groomed next Wednesday. Thursday is R's eye appointment. We'll have to get up extra early to feed and water her and give her time outside before crating her. R is not up to driving himself right now. She will grow to 70 pounds or more. Still, it will besmaller even if she gets up to the top weight of 115 than TT. He was 200 pounds at one point.

I wouldn't read a book if I was pretty sure I wouldn't like it. Good decision on your part.

I hope your DD is feeling better, Linda. Our snow has mostly melted along with the ice. It was 40° this afternoon but felt colder because of the wind.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  DD seems to be feeling better, and she said she is not worried about DGS driving back from Philadelphia.  I asked her to text me when he gets there since I am concerned.  

Sorry about your knees, Barbara.  My left knee bothers me pretty regularly (due to arthritis), but the time when it really bothers me is when I am trying to sleep and the pain wakes me up.  I have tried various things -- like putting a pillow between my legs, etc., but I just never know if that will help or not.  Glad you got your port flushed.  Don't blame you at all for not reading a book that two of your friends just did not like.  I really dislike it when the bookclub picks a book like that, but I usually try to read it.

I did not order the TSV, but Jean suggested something similar from Amazon -- less expensive and good ratings.  Hope it will work out.  I think our hair must be quite different -- I really need to use a brush when I blow dry my hair or it is totally out of control.  And, air drying is a nightmare.

You are certainly having adventures with Tippy, Claudia.  Glad she will be smaller, and Griff is eating more.  Sorry R can't do the long drives any more, but I know that is something that happens to many of us as we get older.  

Nothing exciting going on here.  I am getting very concerned about how much we will owe for taxes based on some of the forms I have received already.  Hopefully, I will have enough in the estate account to pay them in full.   

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  I am having an extremely quiet day.  Laundry is going, I have done some walking, cooking, a little cleaning, and I am ready to do my weekly financial review later.  

Really nothing to report.  It is cloudy out and our highs are expected to be in the 50's.  Actually, not too bad.

Hope both of you are having a nice day, and all is well with your families and furbabies.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I overdid with cleaning the tile..every joint is burning....yikes. pepper thinks that she needs to go out..but I think I convinced her to wait until 3 which is when we go Tom the dog park. I made a quick run to jjill to return a couple of items. Now I want to sit for a bit. V is playing bridge.

Amies oldest..Kaylie Whois a tear younger than Syd made the all state honor band as a7th grader..she is a very talented musician.

Linda..hope your taxes work out...many people I know who never had to pay before are getting a tax due amount this year. V has sort of looked at ours this year and thinks we may be ok...it is coolish here..la will be cool and rainy next week.

Claudia..hope tippy is doing well. 

Pepper er looks desperate..off we go