Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of February 10

Good afternoon..it was chilly this morning when I left for church..but much nicer at the dog park a little while ago. I finished cleaning and just need to put the laundry room back together. 

Nothing exciting today..we will grill small steaks for dinner..I need to go over some music and finish Vanessa’s mittens.  I managed to drop a stitch yesterday so had to tear out some rows and re knit.

Linda..I am sure that you are having your usual busy Sunday. I want to plant flowers in a container but it needs not to be so cool at night. I read your comments on the rising prices at at a.qvc...I rarely look at clothes at Walmart...perhaps I should. My go to store is still jjill where I only shop when there is a good sale. I am sure there are a lot of rules re hospice because of the Hippa law. 

Claudia. Hope you are having a safe trip to Kentucky.

enjoy..🎈🎈🎈

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of February 10

It was pretty chilly here this morning as well, Barbara.  Hope it is not too windy when I take a walk in a little while.  At least the sun is out now.  Nothing exciting going on here either.  

As you may remember, I planted geraniums in a pot last spring/summer after you mentioned it, and much to my surprise, they are still alive.  I do cover them when it is cold at night, but I am very pleased they have made it.  Good luck with Vanessa's mittens.  I'm sure she will be happy to have them.

I never did much Walmart shopping for clothes in the past, but got into it when I was buying for DH.  I needed to replace all his regular pants with the pull-on version, and they carried some sports brands that worked very well for him.  I also purchased cotton turtlenecks and short sleeve T-shirts there when we were living in two places.  I did not want to drag clothes back and forth, and these were inexpensive.  I was surprised to find petite pants with pockets that fit and were very reasonably priced at Walmart.  Nothing special, but great for my walks around the neighborhood, etc. 

Meanwhile, DD told me that she placed an order for some jeans at Walmart -- they did not have her size in the store, but offered them on-line with free pick-up.  Hope they work for her.  She doesn't want to spend much on clothes since she is still losing weight, but many of her old things are just too big.

Not sure how many things that they would have for a tall gal like you. Glad you are able to get things from JJill that work.

Hope your trip to KY is going well, Claudia.  I imagine that is quite a long drive from where you live.  When we were going back and forth from Maryland to Arizona, we usually tried to make it to TN the first night, but that required leaving early and getting there late.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Hope you have picked up your new dog, and are making your way home, Claudia.  DD said the roads in Maryland were not good this morning, and they are talking about more snow/ice tomorrow morning.  I was reminded by FB that six years ago we had snow on this date.  It was also the date of a bookclub meeting at our house.  Pretty wild.

It is chilly here, and should go down into the 20's tonight, but at least it is sunny.  Guess you are having similar weather, Barbara.  Hope you a feeling okay, and things are going well for Syd.

As I mentioned on the other thread, my SIL moved to Delaware over the weekend, and is busy unpacking.  She seems very happy.  

Hospice is trying to reschedule our training for later in the week, and I hope that they find a good time for it.  My OLLI class this morning was very good, and I have my grief group and bookclub this afternoon.  My friend whose husband is dying plans to attend the bookclub meeting, and I will be glad to see her.

Hope both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I have been doing laundry this morning and working on school stuff with Syd. I decided that split pea soup would be yummy with the cooler weather. I will make enough to share with my friend and her Dh who is in bad shape from cancer. 

I ordered tye tsv..I have several bd sweaters and really like them...if it fits ok, it would be perfect for spring and summer trave.l. I know you did not like the one you had, Linda,  that was much bulkier than they usually are. I gave mine to friend be ause it was too heavy for here.

the winter weather has been really nasty. I hope Claudia made the trip safely with the new puppy. 

I read about your olli class..we visited those countries on a cruise in the Baltic Sea a few years ago..

they were interesting, lovely places to visit.

Stay warm, Linda..it should get warmer later in the week.

🌺🌺🌺

Respected Contributor

Just a quick note to say we're home. Pup slept most of the way. It was bittersweet when we picked her up as they raise and show newfies too and at least 4 ran to greet us along with the Bernese. No bad weather driving home. Driving down was terrible between Akron and Columbus. Whiteout, snow, ice and at least 20 wrecks. Instead of 8 hours it took 11. I ended up driving most of the way. Hate city driving. R navigated and did not do well telling me what the GPS said. He's decided if we go to his Louisville reunion we should fly.

Esteemed Contributor

Very glad you are home and safe, Claudia.  Glad R is willing to fly next time and you have the puppy.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I played cards this morning and then because choir practice has been moved up 2 hours earlier, just got home. I am working on cleaning more grout..I have found a great solution that works well and I have an electric scrubber so it is not hard to do.

nothing exciting today...

Claudia..what a trip with bad roads..v cannot tell me directions on the gps, so I have my phone in a holder that I can see when I drive, have you named the puppy yet????

Linda..I am sure that you are having your usual busy Tuesday. It was very cold here this morning..I am ready for some warm weather.

have a wonderful day.🌺🌺🌺

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

What solution are you using for the grout, Barbara?  I probably should tackle that again.  Glad you were able to play cards and go to choir practice. Way too cold for me this morning, but it has warmed up to the 60's.  Still chilly in the house.

Not surprised R wasn't much help with navigating, Claudia.  I don't think that men usually excel in that area.  Hope the new puppy is fitting in well with your other furbabies, and you and R are happy with her.

I'm back from the senior lunch program and headed to the gym soon.  The CPR training has been rescheduled for Thursday afternoon.  I have a class in the morning, but I think there should be time to pick up some lunch between the two.

We had quite an interesting experience today at the senior lunch program -- they brought in the adult day care people because we were supposed to have the line dancers perform.  It turned out that it was really supposed to be March 12, and they scrambled to put some entertainment together.  One of the day care workers told some jokes, and then they brought in the preschoolers to dance.  The kids and adults just loved it, and the kids didn't want to leave.  So, they decided to bring them back again to dance in a few weeks.  They are so cute.

As I mentioned on the other thread, DGS is back in Philadelphia and DD and DGD are sick with some sort of stomach issue.  She said their weather isn't nice at all, plus not feeling well makes it even worse.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Cold here. It says 34° but feels colder due to the wind. There was thick slushy ice on the steps and sidewalk. I shoveled a bit ago.

No name yet for the puppy. She has learned steps and has had some success going outside ( a few cleanups inside). We pick Griffyn up tomorrow at 8. I hope the introduction goes well.

We're both tired, R even more so. Given the weather I'm very glad we got home yesterday. Cats were very glad I was home. They've not met the puppy yet.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope Griffyn is okay with the puppy, Claudia.  I'm sure you and R were very tired after that trip.  For some reason, I was very tired yesterday evening.  The gym workout was no different than other days, but..... 

There was an article in our local paper about a hiker who got lost in the nearby mountains.  There was a huge rescue effort including dogs, horses, helicopters, etc., but they have not found his body yet.  For sure he is dead since it has been more than a week, and the weather in the mountains has not been great (very cold some nights plus snow, etc.)  Such a sad story.  The hiker was in his 80's and from Ohio.

There was another story -- not as tragic, but..... about a couple of escaped camels in our area.  The owner was out-of-town, and I guess her mother did not keep a good eye on them.  Apparently, the owner wanted to have a petting zoo, but it didn't work out, and now she wants to sell the animals.  The upkeep is expensive plus she does not have sufficient fencing.

Quiet day for me.  I took a walk up to the library (picked up a DVD), and called my friend who lost her husband.  She did not answer, so I imagine she is busy and/or her son came from California.  Hopefully, she is doing okay.  

DGS will be driving back from Philadelphia on Saturday, and DD is concerned about the roads, but not much that anyone can do.  Very glad we don't have ice or heavy snow around here.  

Hope all is okay with you, Barbara, and both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda