Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of December 18

Glad you can stay home and make cookies rather than travel, Barbara.  They were talking about the weather predictions in your area on the radio this morning.  Hope your trip back to the sun next week is trouble-free.

Sorry the antique store wasn't open so you could get a better look at the dresser, Claudia.  I went into several antique stores in Prescott (on my trip), but I'm not into antiques so saw nothing of interest.  One of my fellow travelers was looking for a covered butter dish to replace one that she broke.  But, she did not find one she wanted.

Thanks for your comments about the FB pictures of DH and his granddaughters.  They did come here this morning, and I think they liked the changes in the house.  I had brought home half of my dinner, and I realized it was DH's favorite (cheese enchiladas, etc.), so I took that to him for lunch.  The rest of us had peanut butter and jelly or cheese sandwiches.  The younger girl is still not feeling well, but she had a small dish of ice cream.  DH is doing very well -- talking more than normal, and walking okay.  

They were thinking about going to a museum, but decided on the park instead.  So, I will be joining them, and then go back to feed DH dinner.  His DD will be coming with me.  They will be here tomorrow morning, so everyone will be seeing DH again then.  

Funny Larry story -- he kept coming to the door of the dining room and looking in, and one time he knocked.  He called me his wife's name, and I told him that I was Linda (not his wife.)  So, he said -- okay, send in the other one.  I guess he thought we had his wife in there someplace.  

Still not sure about dinner, but I have decided not to stress.  If they come, I'm sure I'll be able to fix something,

DD and her family seem to be doing well.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas Eve to you...Sydnie is all fired up for Santa to come. Yes she still believes. 

We we are expecting freezing rain later today..thank goodness we do not have to go anywhere. 

Linda, it looks like you have had a good visit with dhs family. It is wonderful that they came to visit. I always get more than one meal out of Chinese food.

Claudia hope you have a great day.

🎄🎄🎄🎄❄️❄️❄️

Respected Contributor

We usually get more thAn one meal from Chinese food too. when I order from Pellegrino's Italian the same holds true.

Rain is expected today but no snow. it shouldn't too bad when heading out to dinner. I need to go to the post office soon. then R needs a new weekly pill box. last night he dropped his and a lid broke.

Merry Christmas eve to all.

Esteemed Contributor

Merry Christmas Eve!  I'm surprised that Syd still believes, Barbara.  I wasn't very old (younger than 10 for sure) when one of my neighbors broke the news that there was no Easter bunny.  I was pretty sad when I asked about Santa and she confirmed that was also the case.  It certainly makes it more fun to believe in my opinion.  Glad you don't need to fight the elements today.

That was some picture on FB, Claudia.   Pretty dog, but really, really large.  Hope the weather holds for dinner.

DH's DD and family will be coming here at 11:15, and I will be making sandwiches for them in addition to bringing the Chinese food for DH and me.  Had trouble sleeping, so I got up early and read before taking my walk.  It is pretty windy already, and they are predicting high winds this afternoon and rain tonight.  Hope they don't have any problems with their flight.

Need to get back to the laundry now.  Have a good day and evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

He is the middle sized dog, Linda. R gets so frustrated with bowling and pool games on his cell phone. Thankfully he won't pay any of his money into it just uses the pretend funds for the game. Griffyn doesn't like raised voices and will climb on the lap of the person.

I hope DH's daughter and family have no flight delays.

I say good for Sydnie to still believe.

It's been overcast all day.

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas. The roads are very icy so I am glad that we have no where to go. 

Sydnie was thrilled with all of her gifts...v is having a hard time figuring out the wii..lol.

blessings to you and yours.

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas.

We did make it out to dinner last night. the roads were clear but the parking lot was ice. dinner was good. At the end R discovered he did not have the keys. We discovered the keys in the suv  and motor running the whole 90  minutes we were in there. Yikes.it wasn't quite dark so I didn't notice the vehicle lights still on plus I was concentrating making my way over the ice.

Adam called last night and we talked quite a while. Sil sent a video of the boys and there new go kart.

Esteemed Contributor

Good that Syd liked her gifts so much, and you were able to stay indoors, Barbara.  They have a Wii at DH's facility, but I have not tried to use it.  Some of the residents are really pretty good with it.

Oh my goodness -- I am glad no one helped themselves to the SUV, Claudia.  I imagine how upsetting it was to find it running all that time.  One time when DH and I took a trip (other house), he left the door open when we left.  We were only away a few days, but I was happy no one helped themselves to the house while we were gone.  Glad your SIl sent the video and you had a long talk with Adam.  My brother got a go cart when he was young, and one of our neighbors called the police since he used it on a vacant lot.  My Mom was furious, and I don't think she ever forgave that neighbor.  

DH's DD and family made it home okay.  She said the flight was a bit rough, but no one vomited or anything.  Don't know if I mentioned that his youngest DGD was sick the whole time she was here.  She really ate next to nothing.  At least she wasn't vomiting like she did the night before they came and on the train to the airport in San Francisco.

Church was nice, as was the lunch.  They had ham (provided by the minister and his wife), and I put in for a chance to win one of the six ham bones -- surprisingly enough, I was the first winner.  I plan to make split pea soup -- may offer some to my neighbors who I sat with at the luncheon.  Nice people.  There was tons to eat (the congregation brought vegetables, sides, desserts, etc.), and they invited on-duty officers from the local sheriff's office to come to lunch, and six or so came.

DD and I connected by Google hangouts this morning -- she said Skype wasn't working for her.  I was able to see everyone -- one by one, of course.  My oldest DGS is getting taller and taller, as is the third guy.  The second one is shorter, but not bad -- 5'9" or so.  DGD is 5'8" or so, which is amazing given that she was always so short.  I think DD is about 5'6" or so.   DH's oldest DGD (age 13) is now 5'4", the same height I was at her age, but now I'm shorter.

DH was really off when I arrived this afternoon.  They said he does some strange stuff -- walks around, unstable, etc., when I arrive later than normal.  He was unstable on his feet, and kept saying that he didn't like what they were saying to him/treating him, etc.  I had a lot of trouble trying to get him settled down or understand what he was talking about.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Hope both of you sleep well, and Merry Christmas!

Hugs,

Linda