Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August.

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope there were no problems canceling the extra Prime account, etc., Claudia.  Some of the ladies in my caregivers group tell stories of their husbands opening bank accounts, getting credit cards, etc. when they are clearly unable to handle them.  I guess I never considered the possibility that DH would do something like that, and fortunately, he did not.  Hope TT is okay.

Sorry about your headache, Barbara.  Sounds like you are getting things settled for Syd.  I have been searching through documents, and I think I am the "successor trustee" rather than the executor.  I don't think this will be an issue, but who knows.  

I finally got someone at the brokerage, and he said he will put me in contact with a "trusted" associate who can help with the financial issues.  This is a discount brokerage, so they do not do the work themselves, but farm it out.  We are supposed to talk (later today? or whenever) so that I can see if the person he recommends would be someone I might use.  If so, the three of us will meet at the brokerage.  I know nothing much can be done before I get the death certificates and maybe before I see the lawyer at the end of the month, but I do want to have somewhat of an idea.

Meanwhile, the bank called because they mistakenly thought DH had died in March and there were transactions out of his personal account (probably illegal).  When I told her that it was really last week, she said no problem.  Although the bank is in Maryland, I may set up the estate account there rather than locally.  DH had been with them for years, and we had a joint account as well as my individual account.  They are quite nice, and I don't have a similar bank here.  

I slept a little better last night, and eating is slowly getting better, emphasis on the slowly.  I'm trying to notify as many places as I can and get papers together that I think are relevant.  The crooked guy (disbarred lawyer) who did the estate papers included so much extra stuff (probably to look like he knew what he was doing), and I find it confusing.  Oh well......

Hope both of you have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad you're feeling more on top of things. Which Linea too caught your eye?

The VA requires weight to be under 200pounds for a joint replacement. Something to do with success rates.

You've made a good start, Linda. It can be so complicated to settle estates. I remember mother's and she had little left. I hope the"trusted associate" works out .

Today we got rid of the tablet R was talked into 2 years ago. The contract for it was up this month. Called and left a message with the country furniture place about kitchen renovations. The store front is closed right now for renovations. I hope tomorrow to straighten out the Amazon prime membership. That will probably be after R's urology appointment.

We're also waiting to find out the next step for R's back issues. The pt place said the VA wants some tests.

TT feels a bit better and seems to be tolerating the. meloxicam. Fingers crossed. So far so good with Pippen the cat.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..the heat and humidity cranked back up so I turned on the ac. I went to knitting and then to the store to get something for dinner. My headache came back so I am waiting for it to subside. A bit.

i ordered the rest of Sydnies textbooks. I can get reimbursed by the state so I am keeping meticulous records.

Linda...hope you can find good people to help you with his estate. My moms was not complicated at all and she had put everything in my name because my brothers and I have a great relationship. It is nice that you are getting such lovely remembrances. Those memories are something to treasure. 

Claudia, you have your hands full with all of rs medical issues. Yikes on the double prime memberships...glad tt and Pippen are feeling better.

hope you have a good day.

Claudia, I ordered the new Linea top in fall colors..it has a subtle print..copper was the color.

🌼🌼

Respected Contributor

Barbarae: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August.

Barbara, I think that's the shadow print blouse. Very pretty.  It was hot here today. We're having sliders for dinner. I am tired but TT needs his medicine about 9 pm.

Surprisingly R's urology appointment went well. No problems so he had another lupron shot and will be seen again in February.

I checked Amazon and it doesn't show R signed up for prime. He must not have continued all the way through. I will check it again in a few weeks just to be sure.

I hope your headache is better. It's great the state will reimburse the cost of the textbooks.

TT and Pippen continue to be ok. Mama Boots was busy washing his face this morning. The 3 of them will be 3 years on the 22nd.

Linda, I'm glad you are hearing other's memories of your DH. Such a sweet man. I hope you can sleep better.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad to hear about the reimbursement for Syd's books, but sorry about your headache, Barbara.  I suddenly remembered that I had not asked the financial person about his fees, and jumped out of bed at 3:00 a.m. to send him an e-mail.  He was very nice, and this first meeting is free.  DH's investments are unusual (at least not that common), and I really want to talk to someone who knows a lot about them. Hope you like your Linea top.  He has several nice ones, but I'm trying to avoid buying.

I did get back to sleep, but I get up early, so I didn't get much rest last night.  My appetite is still not up to par, but I am working on it.  After my caregivers group, I had ice cream with caramel sauce on it.  I told them not to put in too much, since I really don't eat much ice cream.  But, I finished the whole thing. Of course, I am no longer hungry.

Good news about the urologist, Claudia.  Also glad R apparently did not sign up for Prime again, and your furbabies seem to be doing okay.

Today I received a lot of cards, and some very nice messages.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we are under a storm watch..have not had rain for a while so things are pretty dry. I had my hair trimmed a bit this morning...now I am starting to pack. Decided I am taking too much so am paring things back. 

Found our thst thst we cannot get into our rental until Monday so I had to book a hotel for Sunday. Syd will enjoy the pool, I am sure. 

I loved Aretha Franklin..what a voice she had..and what a loss to music.

i put a turkey breast in the crockpot..I may throw it into the oven for an hour to get it brown....

Linda..nice you are getting cards..hope the investments do not turn out to be too difficult. Grief is a process...as you know.

Claudia good news on rs urology appointment.

There was a big yellow cat on our deck this morning. Pepper was not happy.

🌷🌷🌷

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Glad you got your hair trimmed, Barbara.  Shame you have to spend a night at a hotel, but I'm sure you are right about the pool.  Do you have a definite time-table for when you return?  Just curious since I imagine Syd might get offers that would conflict with the dates you have in mind.

I really liked Aretha Franklin myself.  I guess she had been in ill health for a while.

It was pretty nice on my walk, and later in the morning I went to the store to pick up a few things.  The funeral home called a little while ago to say the death certificates were ready, but the ashes will not be ready until the middle of next week or so. While it would be good to have the death certificates on hand, I don't want to make two trips up there, especially since I was planning on Uber or some other sort of ride.   I guess it is possible that I could pick them up on Thursday on my way to the broker, but that might be way too much for me.

Feeling sleepy again (did not sleep that great last night), so I will probably take a nap soon.  Unfortunately, the phone keeps ringing when I am trying to rest.  Primary election time for one thing.  I have my "salsa chicken" in the crockpot, and I hope I will be hungry enough to eat some.  I did eat pretty well at breakfast and lunch.

Hope all is well with you, R, and the furbabies, Claudia.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda.

Respected Contributor

TT continues to feel better although he sleeps much of the time. We had fish for dinner and both dogs got some of the leftover.

Barbara, it's too bad you need a night at a hotel. Fingers crossed everything goes as smoothly as possible.

It's a good idea  not to drive yourself when you go to the funeral home, Linda. Also best not to have to make two trips. The darn phone. Too bad you can't put it on silent and let it take messages.

Griff just went on high alert barking at the sunporch area. I checked and a lace curtain on the window beside the door had fallen. It was on a pressure rod. How Griff spotted it through the window on the door I don't know. That boy notices everything.

We planned to contact a small business in town that makes furniture including kitchen cabinets but they're closed for renovation. R left a message on their phone. If we don't here in a couple days I may try a message via f2f before exploring other options.

We have a chance of thunderstorms and it sure feels like it.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I have started packing..I am pretty well done with my stuff..m has to work overtime so I will tackle syds stuff this afternoon..

All I can say is yikes.

Linda..you are smart to use Uber to go to the funeral home.  I assume you have to go to the city by you....sounds as if you are returning to your usual activities...be kind to yourself.

Claudia hope you did not have any bad weather..that gruff is something else. Pepper is so small that she does not see out of the windows, but she will jump up on the chests and end tables to look out. Lol

enjoy your day. 

😘😘

Esteemed Contributor

Glad TT is feeling better, Claudia.  Funny about Griff and the curtain.  No rain expected here for a while, and it is getting warmer -- probably will hit 100 degrees again this week.  Oh well..... My dogs always liked fish as well, at least fried fish.  

Good that your packing is mostly done.  Hope M isn't too stressed with having to work overtime, etc.  What an adventure.

The funeral home is in Tucson, and it is right off one of a very busy street where at least some of the University is located.  College starts again Monday after next, so lots of students are moving in and getting oriented.  I am not very familiar with that area, and I don't know that I could handle the drive. 

On the other hand, I hope that I can drive to the broker.  It is farther north and off a different busy street.  But, we used to go up there fairly often since a hospital and doctors offices are on the way, and we had considered living up there at one time.  Probably sounds silly, but I feel more comfortable with that drive. I can also bribe myself since there is a Trader Joe's across the street, and I really miss going there.

I am eating better, mostly by eating slowly and only things I really like.  Yesterday, I bought bacon which I rarely eat since it is not good for you., but I enjoyed having it for breakfast this morning.  Sleeping is a bit more of an issue, but I'm working on it.  The inevitable nuisance call came just as I was taking my nap yesterday, but fortunately, I got back to sleep.  Later, I went to the pool and had a nice swim.  There was only one other person there, and he just went to the hot tub, so I had a chance to move around freely and take in the scenery.  We had some interesting clouds, etc.

DH's DD called to say she was having a gathering to remember her Father next weekend.  I just don't feel up to flying/traveling at this point, but I'm happy she is having the event.

Hope both of you have a nice day and sleep well.  

Hugs,

Linda