Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 23

Good Sunday afternoon...it is very hot and humid out and my joints are not liking it. Syd helped me stumble through the store to get some things to eat for the next few days. I am not sure what to do about these new mobility issues. 

We can finally get into our driveway and garage...the street needs another layer of asphalt and the areas that were torn out for the curbs need to be repaired.

Claudia..my kindles automatically download when I get a new one..you will be busy with appointments next week.

Linda..I am getting geared up for the heat in Phoenix.i figure it will be shorts and tank tops for a while. 

enjoy your Sunday..I miss church and choir a lot

🐸🐸🥵🥵

enjoy your day..I miss church and choir a lot. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 23

Happy Sunday to you as well @sydsgma1 

I woke up this morning feeling a little blue. 

The weather today here in Columbus is not hot at all, I have the windows open. Miss Tiger is sleeping on my bed while her friend Mickey keeps biting his mama (me).

Here is a song for us all to listen!

Morrissey 

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Sorry about your weather and mobility issues.  Shorts and a tank top are my usual attire for in the house during the hotter months.  Unless things change a lot before your return, you will definitely need your hot weather clothing.  Glad you are able to get back into your driveway and garage.  

I miss going to church in person, but I am enjoying the virtual version of church.  Usually, only the minister is actually in the church, and he often does part of the service from his house.  And, the assistant minister and others are "broadcasting" from their homes, sometimes their summer homes so you see green grass, etc.  This morning, the "traditional" music director was sitting at his piano, and there was a funny time when his cat jumped up behind him and started meowing loudly. He is usually a serious guy, but I caught his smile.  

My neighborhood is having a "sing along" in a couple of weeks -- outdoors and we are supposed to keep socially distant (maybe on the street or sidewalk).  Not sure if I will attend or how it will work, but.... 

I understand you feeling a little blue Dinaki.  I think many of us are feeling that way these days.

Hi Claudia.  Hope your day is going well, and you aren't overdoing things.

As you may have read on the other thread, I ended up finding quite a few things to trash when I was reorganizing things in my new storage containers.  I have no clue why I kept more than two mattress covers for one bed.  When DH was here, I needed to have many alternatives, but that was four years ago.  Yikes!

Hope everyone has a good evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

Happy Sunday to you as well @sydsgma1 

I woke up this morning feeling a little blue. 

The weather today here in Columbus is not hot at all, I have the windows open. Miss Tiger is sleeping on my bed while her friend Mickey keeps biting his mama (me).

Here is a song for us all to listen!

Morrissey 

oh yeah by all means "Come come Nuclear Bomb"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Finally we had rain. Not anywhere near enough but better than nothing.

It's good you can use the driveway again, Barbara. It makes life a bit easier. I'm glad too that Sydnie could help with the shopping. I'm sure you miss church and choir.

Linda, I had to smile at your story of the music director's cat making a bid for attention.

I vacuumed the bedroom and spare room plus the hallway this morning. There was a mass exodus of cats from under the bed. R came upstairs after I showered and said" there was the biggest fattest cat I ever saw at the bottom of the stairs that raced up the stairs when I opened the stairway door".

Yes, that was poor Spot who is terrified of the vacuum plus everything else. He always runs to the bottom step when I vacuum and crouches there usually with Pippen. He always hides when anyone besides me is upstairs so R has maybe seen him twice in 5 years. He comes out from hiding early morning or in the evening staying well hidden when there's veterinary clinic hours. Oddly enough, he loves being brushed but only in the early morning or evening. He does not appreciate being on a diet.

I think many of us are feeling blue these days. At least the dogs and cats keep me busy.

2 mattress covers make sense for me, Linda. With the upstairs cats I change the mattress pad and sheets right away without waiting till I wash the mattress pad. There's always a couple felines who think they should help. You on the other hand don't have to deal with helpful felines.

I moved a vintage corner shelving unit out of the spare room. I plan on donating it and a small occasional table. maybe tomorrow I can drop it off.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it remains hot and humid. We are under an excessive heat warning for the next couple of days.

Syd had to help tech impaired v set up a new email account.He want us to tell him step by step how to do things and I do not operate that way with tech. Arghhh

nothing else going on..hope your day is going well. 🤩🤩

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

That is some story about Spot, Claudia.  It is amazing that R hasn't seen him more often.  Glad you were able to find some more things to donate.  I think two mattress pads are a good idea, but four was overkill.

Sorry you have excessive heat warnings there, Barbara.  We have them here as well.  Glad V has Syd to help with his tech issues.  As you may have seen on the other thread, I am seeking assistance from youngest DGS on my internet streaming issues.  I may need a more powerful Router, but I am not sure.  Also not sure which one to buy if I need one.

You may have also read on the other thread that the condo owner suddenly decided to sell the condo so middle DGS  needed to find a place to move.  Fortunately, he has found a condo in a location he prefers and can move toward the end of September.  Meanwhile, oldest DGS and his wife are flying up to New Hampshire this weekend to look at places to live, and she will be flying back on Sunday or Monday, but he will stay. DD said that youngest DGS is back to going into work every day (he works part-time, but....), and DGD is improving somewhat.

I found that there was a conflict with my dermatologist appointment (routine) and one of my classes, and fortunately I was able to change the appointment.

Very quiet here, so I will be doing a little cleaning and cooking. 

Hope everyone and their families (including furbabies) has a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

What an unpleasant surprise for your DGS, Linda. I'm glad he was able to find a suitable place quickly. I'm glad your DGD is somewhat better and youngest DGS is back working.

Tomorrow is R's appointment with the VA podiatrist so well be heading  out in the morning.  I must remind R to wear his newest shoes. I plan to stop at Wegmans on the way home. We may get more rain tomorrow. This afternoon it was 95°.

Good for Sydnie setting up V's new email, Barbara. I'm one who needs step by step help most of the time.

I see next month PBS will be running the new James Herriot series. I hope to have a chance to watch.

Hope you had a good day Dinaki.

I went ahead and ordered a walker for R. It's one of the tall ones with a forearm rest so you don't hunch over when walking.

I'm waiting for R to get out of the shower before giving Rusty his evening medicine. Then I want to get to bed early.

Have a good evening everyone.

Respected Contributor

it is another hot, muggy afternoon...V had a tooth removed by an oral surgeon...he seems to be feeling ok.,

My flare is pretty bad today...sometimes I get flu like symptoms and that hit me last night. I await the passing of the heat and humidity.🥵🥵

Linda it is god #2 dgs found a place to live. You should have seen the amount of trash m put out when we first moved in. She had forewarned her trash hauler. Stay cool. It is very hot in Az.

Coaudia..did you get r a rollator? V really likes his because he can sit on it when he needs to. Good luck with the appointments today.

i had to get some prescriptions for v and I did survive, but was in a lot of pain when I got home.

enjoy the rest of the day.🌼🌼

Esteemed Contributor

Hope R's podiatrist appointment went well, and the walker works for him, Claudia.  I like the idea that he doesn't have to lean over.  

Glad V is doing okay, but sorry about your flare, Barbara.  It is quite hot here, and now they are saying our excessive heat warning will last until Thursday evening.  I was talking to my work buddy yesterday and she remarked that the skies were quite grey, but no rain.  Today I heard that the air is polluted (and the skies are grey) due to smoke from the fires in other parts of Arizona and even other States.  

Hope your weather improves and you feel better soon.  

DGS and his wife ended up buying a different car since the dealer they had originally considered wanted to charge 14% interest among other things.  So, now they have a Jeep.  Hope it works out for them.

Meanwhile, second DGS found out that he cannot move until a day later than expected since the current tenant couldn't move out quite as soon as expected, and the owner wants to have the condo cleaned before he moves in.  Not a big deal, but he needs to change a few things.   

I received my two COSTCO workout shirts, and they are fine.  I could use them if I ever get back to the gym. 

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda