Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 2

it is quite the cool day here..only about 70...a taste of fall. It is a nice contrast. 

I am still not feeling super so will chill for another day.,tomorrow I have a port flush tomorrow so will have to get out. 

not too much to report..hope your day goes well. 🐸🐸

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 2

Glad it is cooler there, Barbara.  It is cooler here as well, but still supposed to make it to 102 degrees today. Fortunately, it was in the mid 70's when I started my walk this morning.

Sorry you are not feeling that great.  Good idea to take it easy today.

I wonder if the audiologist can adjust the less expensive hearing aids for V.  I thought my new ones were not "strong" enough at first, but they were much better after the adjustment.  I honestly don't know what he did to make them better, but....  I would hate for V to give up on hearing aids thinking only the expensive ones work.

Virtual church was good this morning.  Nothing exciting planned for the day -- Leslie Sansone DVD and a little ironing, plus some cleaning.  I am thinking about dropping off some food at the food bank -- they have a box outside the church that is emptied daily.  I have been accumulating things (particularly peanut butter) that I know are needed.

Hope  Griffyn is really improving about coming in when called, Claudia.  Also hope your weather is okay today.

My elderly neighbor called yesterday and talked and talked.  Her AC wasn't working, and she had a repair person there yesterday.  He got it going, but told her she needs to have some electrical work done (age of the house, etc.), which will be $200 or so.  I think she will go for it since not having AC is an extreme health hazard.  She told me that her male friend (she had him over often for dinner before it became too difficult for her) has cancer (pretty bad), and is moving into a facility in Tucson.  She is sad that she will probably not see him again, and doesn't feel up to cooking for him one last time.  It wasn't exactly a "romantic" relationship, but more than plain friendship. 

My shoulder is better, but I plan to baby it a little when I exercise.

Hope both of you, your husbands and furbabies have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you're taking it easy today, Barbara. It is in the 70's here too. We had some rain this afternoon just as I was putting the garbage out front.

That's a good idea about seeing if the audiologist can adjust the hearing aids, Linda. I hope your elderly neighbor follows through on the electrical work. It's too bad about her friend. I'm sure she'll miss him.

Tippy woke me up at 6 this morning howling that she had to go out. I went downstairs and found R sound asleep with his c-pap machine on so let both dogs out. She is such a drama queen. She decided she didn't have to go out after all but I insisted. After bringing them in, feeding them, and feeding the cats I went back to sleep until close to 8. The eye mask helped me fall back asleep.

I'm glad your shoulder is better, Linda.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon..it is another nice, cool day..Ilove these days here. We just got notified that we cannot park in the driveway for a week... loosest parking is at a school about a half a mile away. M told them that we are both handicapped so hopefully, they will fix the end of the driveway so we can get in. It is a curb and street project, which we had done at our old house 2 years ago.laccommodations were made for us then.

i am feeling somewhat better today. I did call my dr..he is going to tweak the infusion with more steroids and a longer time. 

Linda..glad your dgd is feeling better. I wonder if the uti was contributing to the dizziness? I got a chuckle of you finding the critter when you gave away the food. There are interesting critters in Az.

glad you are staying cool..

Claudia..pepper will go to the back door and bark and then not go out.she is small enough that we can push her out.Hope your day is going well.

sleep well tonight 💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you could get back to sleep after the early morning wake-up yesterday, Claudia.  I have not been successful in getting back to sleep, despite using the sleep mask, etc., but I find it very helpful when I take a nap.  I never took naps in the past, but now I regularly take one for 20 minutes or so -- usually in the afternoon.  Between the fan (on quiet mode) and the mask, I often sleep very well for the entire time.  Then, it is easier for me to keep going.

I remember my dogs deciding they really didn't need to go after making a big deal out of it, but like Pepper, they were small enough that I could get them out without too much trouble.  Hope you are feeling okay today and the weather is okay.

Glad you are feeling a little better and the doctor will make adjustments to your infusions, Barbara.  Good that your weather is cool.  I certainly hope they make things work with the driveway.  That is quite a distance to have to park your car.  

My DD is the one with the UTI, not DGD.  She said her doctor said she may be able to lift a 2-pound weight in a couple of weeks.  Normally, she is a very strong woman, but at least she will be able to lift a little bit.

I had to laugh at myself about the critter. I deliberately went at a time when I didn't think anyone would be there, and then I thought that might have some disadvantages if I were bitten.

It is raining now, which is great.  Earlier today, they said no chance of rain.  It probably won't amount to much, but a little is better than none.

I heard from my friend that her CT scan can't be until next week, and she has to go up to Tucson since she needs IV fluids before and after, and they don't do that here. 

I'm having a very quiet day, but that is okay. 

Hope both of you, your husbands and furbabies have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda.  

Respected Contributor

I hope access to part of the driveway can be made for you and V, Barbara.. We had that situation 30 odd years ago but we're able to park on the street above us.  Still it was a real pain toting groceries and a toddler. 

I'm glad you're feeling better today.

What a surprise when you dropped off the groceries, Linda. New plan, go when someone is likely to be there just in case.

I've tried to take it easy today. I woke up about 3 am and had difficulty getting back to sleep even with the eye mask. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight.

The dogs were wrestling in the living room just before supper. Good thing the breakables are put away. 200 pounds of dog isn't as bad as over 300 pounds when Griff and TT decided to wrestle.

Have a good evening.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is another lovely day. Syd and I made a Target run..

everyone had masks which was good.  I continue to have a lot of trouble walking..m,s yard slopes and we had to park in the circle next to her house..I had great difficulty maneuvering the slope. But I did it..Sydnie always helps me, as she giggles,🥰

Vs cardiologist here has him on a heart monitor for a week and s going to determine if he needs a pacemaker so it can be done before we leave. He likes his dr in Az, but feels more comfortable with the one here.

Linda our COVID cases remain about the same..not as bad as Az. The health officials are very concerned about folks returning from the big rally (motorcycle ) in SouthbDakota next weekend. Hope your dd is feeling better and dgd did well with her pt. 

Claudia..I can only imagine the dogs wrestling..oh my.

enjoy your day.🐸🐸

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you slept better last night, Claudia.  It was cooler this morning, which was nice, but it is 102 degrees now.  Happy I don't need to worry about AC.  That dog wrestling sounds pretty wild.  Glad the breakables are put away.

Sorry you are having trouble walking, Barbara.  Good that Syd helps, and you were able to go to Target.  Sounds like a good idea to have V's pacemaker done before you return to Arizona, if it is necessary.  I'm hoping the COVID cases in Arizona will continue to decline, certainly would be good if it got out of the "red zone".  Maryland has had an increase of cases, lots in the Baltimore area, but DD's county is doing quite well.  I'm glad middle DGS didn't move to Baltimore with his friends.

DD said DGD's first physical therapy session was a challenge, but the therapist is quite nice and knowledgeable.  She will be going twice a week for three weeks (I think).  She worked some yesterday (actually too much), and is working again today.  But, she is far from back to normal.  The good news is that her appetite is starting to return, and she seems to tolerate the Ensure, etc., okay.  DD is feeling a bit better today, but was going for a massage at the chiropractor's office (I think) this afternoon.  

As I mentioned on the other thread, my nephew by marriage, David isn't doing well -- he can't walk or stand due to the stroke.  My ex BIL said David is sleeping most of the time.  I texted his brother suggesting that he ask hospice about a Hoyer lift or something similar so that he can get out of bed into a wheelchair.  I know DH liked getting out of bed even it it was just to sit in the wheelchair.

Very quiet day here.  I "attended" the weekly on-line concert given by a couple of ladies from the church (who are professional musicians).  The are able to do the concerts from their summer home in Michigan, which is fun. 

Hugs,

Linda.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry you have to deal with struggling up the slope, Barbara. I'm glad Sydnie can help (giggles and all). One step at a time and you'll get there. If a pacemaker is necessary for V, it's a good decision to have it done before your return to AZ.

Covid wise we are still in the green zone though we're up another one to 20 cases. 6 of those are presumed. Still we have the lowest % in the state.

Linda,  I'm glad your DGD's appetite is returning and she's able to do some work plus tolerated the Ensure. Funny short-term when I was in the hospital with the shattered femur one day they kept giving me Ensure after Ensure. When I finally complained I found some hadn't been noted on my chart.

The Hoyer lift for your nephew is a good suggestion.

Last night was better in terms of sleep. I am a grump when I don't get around 7 hours. 

Tomorrow 2 of the senior cats (Rusty and Toby) go to the vet for shot updates. Luckily they are pretty easy to corral and get in the pet carriers. Still in taking no chances and I have a plan.

Griffyn has squeezed into Tippy's crate 3 times today causing her to complain loudly.

I'm hoping for a quiet night and cooperative cats in the morning.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...it is another nice day. Poor m, last night she discovered water in the furnace room and thought it was sewage from the main floor toilet. The plumber came today and it turned out that the seal wasn't done correctly..so it was an easy fix.some of our luggage got wet, but the plumber assured me it was water. I  used lysolon everything .

my brothers have decided to not go tonOregon because of the virus. One of them hates flying anyway. I need to talk to v to see if he still wants to go. Sad, but not surprising.

Linda..hope your dgd is feeling better..Sorry that your nephew is not doing well..Sounds as if you are keeping busy.

The tornado siren went off while m was on an important phone call. It blows on the first Wednesday of every month during the season.her coworkers thought it was hysterical. 

Claudi?.hope the cats cooperated for the vet visit. 

enjoy. 😘😘