Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 19

Sorry about your internet problems, Linda. Frustrating to say the least. At least the repair person is coming tomorrow. That's great news for DGD and DGS. 

R has gone back to wearing suspenders instead of a belt. Hope that will ease some of the back pain. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yuck, just lost my post.   Hope both of you have a good day.  I may try again to post.

Hugs, 

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda...sorry you lost your post...I would think your tech repair person would have a router. When we have had issues, they have replaced and set it up as part of the repair. Glad that your financial meeting went well. 

Because we we have our pricey tour tomorrow, I convinced syd to stay in..we walked down to the coffee shop and sat outside for a while. I have had a couple of people tell me to always have her with me...not to go alone anywhere. I am very aware of that...yikes.

we are going to clean our little place...that will not take very long. Syd wants to use the spin mop. Lol

we got a message from our resort reporting that Kauai was fine...minimal storm damage.

Claudia, hope your day is going well.

((((Hugs))))

Respected Contributor

Yikes indeed on being very careful, Barbara. I'm glad your resort had little damage.

Linda, hopefully you will soon have internet access again.

this afternoon I persuaded R to go with me to a new business selling antiques and vintage items. The business was started by a young man who decided to forego college for a few years. We found a small 50-60's vintage kitchen table for 2 along with 2 chairs added in. While I drove back home to get the sub R also found a Seth Thomas clock (working) for a low price.

The assistant opened double doors to carry the table out to the porch where it could be lifted down to the suv. Being young he jumped down the ground about 3'. Before I could say anything R followed and did a bellysmacker into the road. Arghh. He seems ok. At least nothing broken. Smh.

We'll clear the Amish made pub table and bar stools out of the kitchen and try to sell them at some point. The bar stools are too high to be comfortable.

Griffyn had to investigate everything.

Esteemed Contributor

Finally have my internet back, but the printer is not working yet.  The young man came earlier than expected, and I was correct about it being the router.  He gave me some general information about what to buy, and I contacted DGS who was a lot of help.  (Youngest DGS).  He helped with both the selection and installation.  The cable company guy told me I could call him, but no need.  Our cable company (Cox) supplies the modem, but not the router.  I guess if I had too much trouble, the young man might have come back.

Hope you enjoy the tour, Barbara.

Glad you were able to get the new furniture, but sorry about R jumping down like that.  Hope he didn't hurt anything.

I am trying to work on the printer, but I may give up and see if DGS can help.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda