Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of August 13

Happy you had a nice visit, Barbara.  Good news about the cardiologist.

I'm not sure if my neighbor has the funds, but I know she is a pretty strong and stubborn lady ("War Bride" from Austria.)  I think she is trying to do a bit of weeding at a time.  I spray in the front, but somehow the alley weeds don't seem to be affected by the spray -- perhaps they are just too big.  

Glad the card didn't fall over, Claudia.  Hope that R follows your advice about walking around barefoot.

It is very sad about Barcelona.  I have never been to Spain, but I would like to do so one day.

So far so good with the hearing aids.  My right ear is sensitive and a bit sore, so I take breaks which helps.

DH was shaky last night, but not talking about his Father, etc.  But, this morning the hospice nurse called me because he apparently had a seizure.  She said his blood pressure was very high, and she was giving him his anti-anxiety medicine.  I asked if I should come right away, but she said no.  He did go back to sleep, and apparently slept through lunch.  I had a caregivers meeting this afternoon, and then I visited DH.  The nurse was there, and she said his bp was better, but his heart rate was high.  He was still shaky, but he was smiling.  His lungs were clear, etc.  She contacted the hospice doctor, and he said just to observe him, and they would consider medication if things continued or got worse.  She said she will visit him twice a week instead of just once.  

Needless to say, I was pretty upset, but at least he did seem better this afternoon.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, so sorry that Dh is having more issues...I can only imagine how stressful this is for you. Many (((hugs))) and prayers., I remember from my bios experience with vs sister..after a time, you never know what each day will bring.

it is cloudy here with some rain possible...I am starting to put some spring and summer things. Syd and I went tocostco...she is such a big help..I bought her some jeans but they are not long enough..I think m may have to look at size zero in juniors

Claudia..hope things are a little more calm at your house. V can be very unsteady on his feet but he tries to be careful.

i do not plan on doing too much more today. My friend, pain, is back.

(((hugs)))

Esteemed Contributor

I went to COSTCO as well, Barbara.  I am afraid to buy pants without trying them on, and it is quite a drive to return things.  Hope you can find pants that fit Syd.  Also hope the pain goes away, and all is okay with you Claudia.

The nurse called this morning since she was told DH had a rash.  It was nothing serious, and his "vitals" are much better.  He is sleepy, but not shaky.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm so glad to read that your DH is having a better day.

Today was a day of errands. I had the milk to pick up and then drive to the vet to pick up TT's medicine. While I waited for it I was "investigated" by a young shepherd. If forgotten how different they can be from other breeds . This one was a "ball freak" like our first shepherd Bandit. All you had to do was show him a tennis ball and he'd play with it, catch it, and vocalize to it.

We were supposed to get rain this afternoon but never got it.

Hope your pain Is better, Barbara. It's not easy finding pants that fit in the waist and are long enough at Syd's age.

Climbing over 2 very large sleeping dogs should be an Olympic sport. Lol.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...it is a pretty day here. Sydnie is taking Pepper on a bike ride..she has a special basket and hooks her in...Pepper absolutely loves it. I am doing laundry and v is working on getting the bathroom painted. I am trying not yo increase my pain...

Sydnie has another dance camp next week.  The studio really messed up some of her stuff . She , who is one of the best tap,dancers there is not in a specialized company because the one she was assigned to did not fill,up. And they will not move her up because of her age. One mom, whose daughter dances with syd..and who thinks her daughter is ad good as syd, ( she is not even close) has been causing a lot of trouble. Needless to say neither m nor syd is happy, but the owners are working on a way to fix everything. Yikes.

claudia..I have trouble stepping over a little sleeping dog..lol.

lots of banging in the neighborhood..many roofs are being redone.it started at 6:15 this morning.

Linda..hope Dh has a good day today. We will be in Az in about 2 months...summer has flown.

enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

I have a mental picture of Pepper in the bike basket, Barbara. Sorry about the ongoing pain. That's miserable. What color is V painting the bathroom?

I hope things can be straightened out regarding the dance camp. Too bad about the "dance mom". I guess there's always at least one in a group.

We had rain this afternoon. Griff jumped at one loud roll of thunder. Usually it doesn't bother him.

I was briefly tempted after hearing of a young female Pyrenees mix at a shelter/rescue in a neighboring county. However considering R's medical problems and TT and Griff I soon realized this was not a good time. Could picture Griff "protecting" her from TT who would just be curious. For now 2 big dogs and 8 "upstairs" cats are enough.

I hope today is a good day, Linda.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sorry about your pain and Syd's dance camp issues, Barbara.  Hope you get some pain relief very soon, and the studio can work things out.  Glad V is doing the painting.  

I don't think any of my dogs would have sat on a bike basket, but it is certainly a cute image.  A lady on the other thread said that there is a Barefoot Dreams TSV (long cardigan, I think) in September.  She ordered it from the Insider, and I'm trying to get a copy so  that I can order it as well.  That is, if I like how it looks.

Probably a good call not to adopt the dog with health issues, Claudia.  You certainly have your hands full with the two big dogs and all those cats, plus R and his health problems.  But, I know you are a wonderful animal lover..

DH was sleepy this morning, but he was in a pretty good mood.  One of the ladies was pretty bad -- swearing, yelling, etc.  She seems to be this way all the time unless she is sleeping.  Another resident had visitors, and the caregiver apologized to her about the other lady.  Of course, she was the one who had to go to the psychiatric ward of the hospital, but I doubt that she remembers it.  

I am getting a late start on laundry, etc. since I was busy cleaning this morning before I visited DH.

Guess I should get back to work.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda