Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs week of April 19

Good afternoon..I am contemplating turning on the ac...the heat is starting to make things uncomfortable..as I said it will be 100 by Friday. 

I have worked on my writing a bit..I think I told you that the voice text does not work well when Pepper was barking. Lol 

Linda..good luck on your dgs move, if it happens. Things are in such a state of flux right now. You are doing a good job of keeping mixing. I am really enjoying streaming on Netflix. 

Claudia..I have been fooled a couple of times re things from China. I try to buy us made as much as possible. Poor r ..hope they find a solution to his problem  I think I mentioned that Amie has awful issues with heartburn.

no bites on the house yet...arghhh

take care.💜💜

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It is supposed to be in the low 90's here on Friday, Barbara.  If it makes it to 100, I think it is certainly time to turn on the AC.  So far, the house isn't that hot, so I'm doing without heat or AC.  But, I am fully prepared to turn it on if needed.  DD said it has been rainy and chilly there -- the heat is still coming on.  Today was the only day when rain wasn't expected for several days, so she was gardening.

I guess barking would interfere with the voice feature, Barbara.  Sorry about the house.  I don't think the houses around here are selling well.  Bad timing since many sales happen in the early spring, and lots of "winter visitors" go away for the summer.  I know it is quite different in MN.

Glad R has that appointment, Claudia.  Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay.

The Caregivers virtual meeting wasn't good at all.  First of all, it started at least 15 late, and there were only four of us on the call -- including the leader.  I didn't feel I had anything to offer, and the two "active" caregivers have their hands full.  I may skip future "virtual" meetings unless some of my friends will be attending.

The banana bread delivery went well, and I saw a couple people I know plus two of the leaders.  All three of the ladies were wearing masks, but the guy was not.  I think some men are just stubborn.  They were running very low on milk (he got the last two), but seemed to have plenty of food.  I walked around the "campus" a little, and just drove home.  I am not making unnecessary stops these days.

Absolutely nothing of interest to report.  I will probably go to the grocery store tomorrow for some produce and dairy.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Not much going on here. I paid the water bill and used the drive through at the bank. R is awaiting a new debit card from his cu as there was a purchase he didn't make.

I got up extra early to put the recycling out. As I suspected they didn't collect it till afternoon this time.

Barking would interfere with the voice feature, Barbara.

The temperature reached 45° today but with the wind it felt 10° colder. Our weather was similar to your DD's, Linda. Too bad about the virtual meeting.

I have a grocery list for tomorrow too.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..I am listening to Handels WatervMusic..I love baroque music and it is a good background for reading. I think the heat is on..I went yomWalmart early to see if I could find bleach and bathroom cleaner..fortunately, I did..ver few people in the store and I was gloved and masked.,it is much quieter here without the winter visitors. 

I left my favorite sundresses in Mn...they would be nice to have but I have shorts and tank tops so I am fine. 

there was a showing on our home but the buyer said it was too big.i talked to my sil, who was an agent for many years and she said the price was good now. I just need to get m to chill.

Linda, sorry your caregivers meeting was not good.i am not going to do the book club meeting on zoom..several are really technologically challenged. Lol I bought some banana for bread..that is one thing that appeals to me.

Claudia..your weather is much chillier than ours..we decided that pepper is going to need to go out earlier than 8 in tjis heat., especially if we want her to exercise. How are the beans doing...

my knee remains swollen..walking through the store did a number on it.

enjoy the day..😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  I decided that I need to take my walk earlier.  I waited until 9:00, and it was already pretty warm/hot.  It was cool when I got up, so I waited, but......

Glad you did well at Wal Mart and it wasn't crowded, Barbara.  I guess the grocery and Wal Mart were not as crowded as usual, but still pretty crowded (particularly Wal Mart). No cleaners that I wanted or toilet paper in either store. Also no flour, etc.  Hope I have enough to last.

Sorry the buyer thought the house was too large, Barbara.  Hope M relaxes a bit.  I like that music as well.  I found that I can get You Tube on the TV (through Roku), and I found a station that plays soothing music and shows lovely pictures.  Nice!  I have started watching the series Ozark, which is interesting, but I can't handle more than one episode a day.

I would rather be warm than cold, Claudia.  Hope it is a little warmer and the rain stops for a while.  Also hope you got the groceries you wanted.  I can't believe that R needed another debit card.  What a hassle.

OLLI sent an e-mail last night saying we could sign up for on-line classes being given at the main Tucson campus.  The people in that group got first choice, but it was to be open to us today.  I got very excited, and tried to enroll in an English history class, but it is full.  I'm on the waitlist, but I doubt that I will be able to get in.  Oh well....

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's good you found what you wanted at the store, Barbara. Too bad you had so much walking though.

I was able to get Tippy groomed. Griffyn scheduled next week.Tippy was a month overdue for grooming. The wigglebutt chewed her leash in half in less than 4 minutes. It was a Kong brand and supposed to be extra strong. It certainly didn't hold up to a Bernese. It's a good thing we keep an extra leash in the car. I also donated some cat food and litter.

Wegmans had everything on my list except yeast. Everyone had a mask on. It wasn't overcrowded and we were directed to checkouts. I did notice most cream condensed soups were not available. I only saw cream of celery. They were pretty well supplied with paper products,butter, flour and cereal, 

The key fob battery was low according to what showed up on the dashboard screen so I bought batteries. Once home R and I watched a You Tube demo to figure out how to open the fob. It wasn't simple but at least it's done and I don't have to worry the car won't start.

I ordered the tsv in teal. I felt the price was pretty good. With that and the summer weight ones from WM I should be set.

It's a shame you couldn't get the English history class, Linda. R seems to need his card replaced every 3 or 4 months. I've tried to get him to consult me before ordering something or to check reviews before ordering. Sometimes he does other times he forgets.

Respected Contributor

I think it is still morning here..lol weather forecasts are saying it will be over 100 for the next week.  So far, keeping the abc at a higher temp, 78 seems to be working.we have a big ceiling fans in the living room and our bedroom that really help.

my baseboard mop seems to be working well to clean the baseboards..

land itis so much easier since I cannot get on my knees to clean anymore.

with the heat,,

we are keeping 

the living room blinds closed pretty much and since she cannot see, the barking erehas decreased.She does not like the heat.

i found my missing sun dresses..they were hiding in the guest bedroom closet.

Linda, that is too bad you did not get your olli class.,the blooming cactus pic you posted was lovely. There are some gorgeous blooms around here.

Claudia..that tippy sounds as naughty as pepper.,yike re r and the c u cards.

enjoy. 😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  It is currently 90 degrees here.  Glad I got my walk in early.  I am really enjoying the cactus and other flowering plants/trees these days.  But, I am starting to "feel the heat" a bit.  I don't think we are expecting 100 degrees until next week, but the mid to higher 90's is not chilly.  Sounds you have come up with a good solution regarding the AC,fans, and blinds, Barbara.  Glad you found your sundresses and the baseboard mop is working.  Also glad Pepper has cut back on the barking.

That is great about Wegman's having most of what you wanted, Claudia.  Wish I were as lucky, but....  That is something about the leash.  Some dogs just don't want to be controlled.  My Mom's dog used to wiggle out of her collar within a block of the house.  Hope that R starts to listen to you even more often.  It is difficult changing those debit cards all the time.

Nothing of interest to report.  I did hear from one of my friends who did not attend the virtual caregivers meeting -- she said she doesn't plan to attend any more, so that settles the issue for me.  There are times when "virtual" is just not good.  

I wanted to take pictures of some cactus on my walk, but there were other walkers out, so I was trying to keep my distance.  Funny that I feel threatened when anyone even comes close to me now.  I'm sure I'll get over it eventually, but....

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

That's great the baseboard mop is working well, Barbara. That may be something I should try. I'm glad you found your sunglasses too.

R had his lab work done at the VA this morning. Afterwards I picked up a dog brush and cat food at Tractor Supply. I had a coupon that was expiring. I was surprised the store was a jumbled mess almost as if they were going to close. Wore my mask and everyone else had a mask.

That was a beautiful photo of the cactus, Linda. Sometimes virtual meetings just do not work well.

I can picture Griffyn shoving his head through the blinds to bark. He did that with the folding door to the cellar landing when I brought groceries in one day. All of sudden there was a giant Pyrenees head through the door. One living room window is about 5' from the floor. The other 2 have blinds but the tv armoire is in front of one and an antique desk blocks the other

Respected Contributor

Greetings..our internet is down so I am using 4g..so this will not be long.

we are fine..it is on the hot side..some people must like heat because I saw a few homes open ...not me..I am comfortable in my 79 degree ac.

i probably will no start the thread tomorrow...but will reply when the network works.

😅😅