Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs. Week of November 20

Those outdoor weekends with the Army usually aren't much fun, Linda. Odd that they ran out of ammo. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised thinking back to the times Adam was not paid on time.

Is oldest DGS working tomorrow? It's definitely a small world at times. You never know who you will meet that has a local connection.

It's a slow day here. The treadmill is still out front and the recycling hasn't been picked up yet.

The local Italian market has started carrying baked goods from a bakery just over the NY border. Of course I had to support them by picking up a cinnamon braid for tomorrow's breakfast.

I'm glad DH is doing well and you will have dinner together tomorrow. Barbara, hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving. I'm sure Sydnie is happy to be there.

Respected Contributor

Fm and Sydnie made it safely. The weather is not good in minneapolis today so it is good that they came yesterday. 

M needed some things from Walmart so we did that this morning..The turkey is thawed and ready to go. I have the angel food cake in the oven.,I am having a pretty easy dinner..a lot to do in the morning....

hope your our bolunteer job is not too crazy tomorrow, linda. Hope you find dhs missing decoration. It is always harder when there are different caregivers present. Intersting that the director is moving to where dd lives. Too bad about dgs not having ammo..Enjoy your time with dh.

Claudia..hope your things get picked up..ENJOY YOUR DINNER TOMORROW. THE CINNAMON Braid sounds yummy.

(((((hugs)))$$

Esteemed Contributor

I hope the recycle and treadmill have been picked up, Claudia.  I love cinnamon, so I'm sure I'd love the cinnamon braid.  DGS is working today, and probably will be there late to get things ready for Thursday/Friday.  He will go into work tomorrow afternoon (I think the store opens around 5:00 p.m.) and work all night.  I think he will be paid time and a half, which is good.  My SIL picked up youngest DGS, so they will all be together for lunch/dinner tomorrow.

Glad M and Syd got there before the weather got worse, Barbara.  Hope you have a great time tomorrow and don't overdo it.

The "Thanksgiving" meal at the senior lunch program went quite well.  We had a pretty big crowd, but there were tons of volunteers.  I managed to leave earlier than normal, which was good.  There has been a pretty high turnover of volunteers, so I only knew two or three of them.  My Tuesday partner and I have been there for 5 1/2 years, which I think is way longer than the others.  They went all out -- tablecloths,fresh flowers on the tables,  serving everyone (usually the "able" people come up to be served), etc.  The food was a hit, and quite a few people thanked me for helping.

I went to see DH and take him to a "pie social" sponsored by a health insurance company.  He doesn't really know what to pick, but I picked cherry pie for him which he liked, and we both had apple cider.  I like apple cider, but I have not bought any for a long time since the bottles are large for one person.  We used to have a wonderful cider in Maryland.  

Decided to come home and clean/fool around a while before returning to feed DH.  Much to my surprise, the caregiver found the decoration -- in the new lady's room.  When we were leaving for the pie social, I saw her getting into Larry's bed.  Fortunately, Larry was not there.  LOL  I told her it was not her room, and she said okay.  Still very confused.

Not sure if I'll do any baking this evening or not, but maybe.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to all.🦃  I am very blessed  to have my wonderful family and friends in my life. 

The turkey is in the oven and the rest of the meal is pretty easy to get together.

i hope you have a wonderful day.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving Barbara, Claudia, and all of our posters and readers!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Happy Thanksgiving to all. We're going out to eat about 2. Probably at Bob Evans. Locally there's not a lot of choice.

Griff was out this morning when fire trucks pulled up the street behind us. I thought I'd have to chase him all over the yard to get him in. He fooled me though. He went down the steps, barked a bit then went back up the steps and in the house. Some have said their barking decreases about the time they turn two. Maybe just maybe his is. No ambulance showed up and the fire trucks left after about 20 minutes.

Recycling was picked up about 5 but the treadmill is still there.

Respected Contributor

We had a lovely Thanksgiving. All,of the food turned out perfect and our friends really seemed to enjoy it. Sydnie provided a lot of entertainment...lol.

m wants to shop this afternoon but I managed to throw my back out getting out of te car so I am sitting with the heating pad on, hoping it will straighten up. 😖If not, v can drive her.

Finished all of my shopping on line.,I decided that I had to get gifts for the kids...I am not spending as much.. Everything will be delivered to home next week.

when my family used to come out for thanksgiving, we always went shopping on blak Friday. But it was fun in those days...not the craziness of this time.

i hope you have a good day.

Respected Contributor

I hope your back has improved, Barbara. It seems so easy to throw a back out. R did it years ago just by turning and reaching for something. He ended up off work for 6 weeks.

I'm sure Sydnie provided lots of entertainment yesterday. She seems like such a pleasure to be around.

R is off to camp and I am taking it easy. Tomorrow is soon enough to start doing things.

Linda, that's a very nice picture on FB.

I'm not doing much Christmas shopping. Everyone wants money or Amazon gift cards. Except R wants accessories to go with the kilt he never wore.

The leaves were swept up today- all except those under the darn treadmill. Smh.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your back, Barbara.  But, I'm glad Thanksgiving went so well.  Like Claudia, I mostly give cash and gift cards unless someone says they want something different.  It does make things easier, if not quite as creative.  I used to spend so much time shopping, decorating, baking,  and wrapping that I was always exhausted by the time Christmas came around.  Sort of glad those times are over. but I do miss some of the fun involved.

Hope that treadmill is picked up soon, Claudia.  Any news from Whit?  I was wondering about her Thanksgiving.

The food here wasn't to my taste, but they did spend a lot of time and effort on it.  And, I did enjoy being with DH.  

My Fall decorations are down, and Christmas decorations are starting to go up.  Actually, I would say I am about 75% done.  But, what a mess I have at home -- boxes, etc.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

No word from Whit and she hasn't sent her address. Last time we talked I requested it. Will try messaging again. She has posted photos of streaming items she likes on FB. Adam says she couldn't pay the car payment last month or this month and sil had to come up with the funds.

Yesterday we brought half our dinners home from Bob Evans. R finished his the middle of last night. I had mine for supper tonight.