Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs. Week of November 20

Good afternoon. We had a fantastic violinist perform at church this morning and I am going back for his concert this afternoon. We have outstanding music there. I ran to kohls to get some new bathroom rugs. Nothing else on the agenda.

i am having a flare...never know when those are coming.

m said Sydnie only wants to bring shorts to wear...not a good idea because she will get cold.,I talked to her and got her to change her mind. Lol.

v is very happy. The Vikings are playing the cardinals so he can watch the game.

hope your day is going well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs. Week of November 20

Sorry about your flare, Barbara.  Hope it passes soon.  Hope you enjoy the concert.  I went to early (8:00 a.m.) church today, and it was interesting.  No choir, but they had us sing several hymns with the minister's wife and another lady leading -- both have very good voices.  Glad you talked Syd out of just bringing shorts.

Hope you are doing okay today, Claudia, and R and the furbabies are doing okay.

I came home from church and took a short walk before going to the gym.  The brunch was nice, but long.  And, the host(ess) really loves to talk.  Interesting subjects for the most part, but just too much.  The couple she invited were nice, and I found out the lady goes to the gym I go to -- earlier in the morning than I go, but....  The man was originally from northern MN, and she is from Texas (quite an accent).  They met in Texas when he was working there.

Very cloudy here, and we are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow.  Of course, we can use the rain, but it seems a bit gloomy here.

I'll be leaving to visit DH in a little while.  Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I know you will enjoy the concert, Barbara. So sorry about the flare. It's a good thing you were able to talk to Sydnie and persuade her to also pack some warmer clothes.

We have several inches of snow and there's wind. We managed to get everything out for the extra garbage pickup. Dinner tonight was leftovers.

You had a busy day, Linda. Glad brunch was good. Sometimes people can be so talkative it's exhausting. The day was cloudy here also. It gets dark so early. I looked at the clock just now and it's not even 6:30. My brain is telling me it's bedtime.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope the snow didn't pose a problem with your trash pick-up, Claudia.  Also hope your weather is nicer today and R, TT and the others are doing okay.  I agree with you about the shorter days/getting dark so early.  I seem to feel like going to bed quite early.  Usually talk myself out of it, but....

Hope your day is off to a good start, Barbara.  It rained a little overnight here, but now we have a mix of sun and clouds.  I was worried that it might rain on my walk this morning, but that didn't happen.  

When I visited DH yesterday, he had just had an episode of diarrhea -- yuck.  I alerted the caregivers, and they put him in the shower to clean him off.  They had to change all his clothes and put on his new shoes.  Fortunately, he was in good spirits, and did not get upset about things.  I aired out the room, etc., so it was okay by the time I left.  We walked, and he ate dinner with no problems.  The new lady has been very active in moving things/putting them into her room etc.  I could not find one of DH's Thanksgiving decorations, which did not please me.  But, I did find others.  She has totally emptied out the decorations (including photograph) of the lady next door.  Real problem, but.....

I have made a pecan pie to take with me today.  They have enough desserts planned for Thanksgiving, but I wanted to make something.  I have also baked some sweet potatoes and have some beets roasting.  That is just for me, but I wanted to do this while I had time at home.

I'll be visiting DH soon and feeding him lunch.  I would like to make it to the stores this afternoon if I have time.  Also need to do some more cleaning.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am getting things ready for sydnie and mollie. V helped clean this morning. I just have the bathrooms left to do . Made two grocery runs this morning...forgot a couple of items on the first one. Lol.

it rained a bit this morning. But now it looks like it is clearing. I only have a few rows left to finish the second section of my shawl so want to get that done this afternoon.

m said they are expecting snow tomorrow. She is hoping it will not affect the trip to the airport. 

Claudia..wonder how much of an impact that storm is making on you??

Linda..I bet you were glad there was someone else to clean up dh. That lady sounds very busy moving things around. Is the place pretty well staffed?? I do not bake pies and admire anyone who does.

enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

That poor lady. What problem that is, Linda. It's not uncommon though. R's great aunt did it at first. Fortunately that behavior soon passed.

It's too bad DH had an accident. Good that he had another pair of shoes.

Every thing was picked up this morning except for the treadmill remains. There was just one person working so it Wil be picked up later this week. I did stop in to the local office of the disposal company to make sure. I was very very cautious going to and from the office as the sidewalk was ice. It faces south and the river is about a block away. The sidewalk at home is not icy. We had about 3" of snow so not as bad as it could have been.l

We decided to go out for Thanksgiving dinner as it's just the 2 of us. Plus R will be off to hunting camp the day after.

Barbara, I hope your day is going well and your flare isn't too bad.

Respected Contributor

Oops, I missed your post, Barbara. That's what happens when I start a post and get distracted. I hope M's trip to the airport is not affected.

Respected Contributor

M and Syd are on their way. The plane had to be de iced so the takeoff was delayed. V is leaving in a while to get them

i put my winter clothes out..more like what I wear in early fall and spring at home.,I have a bag of donations...we have friends who donate to the Apavhe reservations and I always send my clothes there.

i am going to make the dressing for thanksgiving today...it needs to sit in the fridge for a day. 

Good od for you to go out for turkey day, Claudia.  V lives our thanksgiving dinner so doubt is we will ever go out. Glad you did not get too much snow.

No snow for us, Linda...I enjoy the blue sunny skies. Hope your day is going well. And dh is fine. I hope nothing else is missing from his room.

my Keurig would not work this morning, after sitting for 6 months. I found the book on how to problem solve and I figured it out. I did not even have to ask. V. Lol

have a good day..it will be fun to have Syd and m here.

😘😘

Respected Contributor

I'm glad M and Sydnie are on their way despite the delay, Barbara. Donating to the reservation is a great idea.

I saw no sense in cooking Thanksgiving dinner for just the 2 of us especially with R off to hunting camp. The dogs will miss the scraps though.

It's always nice to figure out on your own what's wrong without having to ask for help.

I'm crossing my fingers that the treadmill is picked up tomorrow.

Hope you got your walk in, Linda and that DH is having a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  You are quite right, Barbara, it is nice not to have to clean up DH.  I will change his "briefs" and even clothes if necessary, but those sorts of messes are so yucky.  

No trace of the cute little decoration -- it was only $1, but lighted up, etc., and DH liked it very much.  The lady still has not settled down in terms of moving things -- the pictures, etc. from the next door lady are missing.  Yesterday, I noticed that one of the other guys was wearing one of DH's shirts.  I'm sure due to the holiday, there are lots of "temporary" caregivers who can mix things up.  I will give them credit -- the shirt was washed and back in his closet when I came today.

Hope M and Syd made it there by now, Barbara.  Nice that you can give things to people on the reservation -- I'm sure they can used them.  Hope your dinner is perfect, and you have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration.

Going out to eat sounds like a good idea to me Claudia.  I have never gone out to a restaurant, but last year we went to a church lunch/dinner, and this year I'll be here with DH.   Before last year, I always went to someone else's home or made it just for the two of us.  So much trouble, especially since DH never got very excited about the special dinner, and I get tired of leftovers.

The senior lunch program went well.  The director brought in her baby girl -- very cute, and the previous director came in to perform for us.  She and her husband sing country songs, etc. "on the side".  They are moving to Maryland -- DD's town. Small world.

Another lady who is sort of the "substitute director" was there, and there was quite a big article about her and her father in the local paper.  He was a professional baseball player for the Chicago Cubs, and the family just happened to be having a reunion in Chicago when the World Series was going on.  They could not get tickets for the games, but they attracted quite a bit of attention (T-shirts, etc.)  Her Mom is still alive -- 99 years old, but her Dad passe away a few years back.  What was surprising to me was that this  lady is six years older than me -- she is very attractive, and looks much younger.

I think I forgot to mention that Army DGS did not get to qualify for his weapons "test".  While he did a very good job in practice, they ran out of ammunition so he could not take the test.  He does not know what will happen now, but it is not his fault.  He also had to sleep in tents outdoors all weekend, and it was pretty cold.  Not a fun weekend to say the least.

DH seems to be doing fine, and I'm still planning to help with the senior lunch program tomorrow.  But, I heard that nearly half of the blind veterans will not be coming, so I plan to go later than normal.  Still in time to serve, but not early.

Hope both of you sleep well!

Hugs,

Linda