Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs. Week of March 20

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  That was a weird message from you, Claudia -- spoiler????  Hope things were a little quieter today.  Sorry about your neighbor passing away.

I sure would not want a growling puppy, Claudia.  Glad the groomer was able to help.  Also glad they didn't have the unwanted snow.  Sorry you are not feeling well.  I guess it takes time to get over pneumonia.

It has been a pretty quiet day.  DH didn't sleep well last night, so I did not sleep well either.  I went for a walk this morning, and then we went for short walk before lunch.  I had my last British history class this afternoon, and I dropped DH off at day services.  He was there less than two hours, but managed to have an accident (they didn't say anything, but they changed his underwear).  We got two more tax forms in the mail today.  I think there are more to come, but not too many.  The nurse should be coming later today.

It is nice and sunny out, and it is warmer than yesterday.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I found your post, Claudia.  Sorry.  Hope Griff behaves himself.  

Respected Contributor

It seems thepast few days I've had nothing but trouble posting.

Sorry DH had an accident at day services. I guess it was bound to happen at some point.

I seem to have picked up a cold. I have been constantly sneezing and the nose is running. R has lab work tomorrow at the VA clinic. He's still coughing and a bit congested.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I sent v to get 3 things and he has been gone for an hour. Lol. I THINK I MIGHT BE FEELING A BIT BETTER. Sorry about the caps...but still nowhere close to normal  my ribs hurt from all of the coughing.

Poor Syd will be dancing against Haley in the competition coming up next weekend. She said she doesn't care because Emily will do whatever to make sure h beats her. I will have to talk to her about that. 

Linda, sorry that dh had an accident yesterday. Is there a summer session for your classes.? I hope your morning is going well.

Claudia.  May your cold not develop into anything more. Whatever I have is pretty nasty...not influenza by the way.

i will check back later.

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry Sydnie will have to dance against Haley.  I bet your ribs hurt from the coughing. Did the doctor give you anything to help with the coughing? I gather you won't be singing Easter Sunday.

It's a cold blustery day with a bit of snow. I am going out soon to drop off some donations and then pick up cod stuffed with crabmeat from the Italian restaurant.

R is having fits because his game on the phone wasn't going well. He's also discovered he has very little gripping ability with the right hand.

I did have a chance to hang up some spring-summer clothes and carried a bin of winter clothes up to the attic. I had to shut Eileen's Fitz in a room so he couldn't sneak into the attic. He's the boldest of the 3 remaining kittens.

Linda, I hope you and DH are having a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you are still not well, Barbara.  I do hope you are getting better.  I don't know how it is there, but the grocery store here was totally mobbed.  Almost every line was open, but full.  And, I found plenty to buy so I was not in the "fast" lane.  Oh well.  Too bad about the competition this weekend.  Who knew that dance would be so competitive?  My DGD just dances for fun, which is just as well.  DD said she is even taller now, and looks older than 16 for sure.

Unfortunately, DH has had accidents before at day services.  I was surprised since he was there for less than two hours yesterday and had one.  Fingers crossed they let him continue to attend.  Not sure what I would do if he could not go.  I need time on my own.  

There is a session in June (maximum four week classes).  Not sure if there will be anything I want to take, but maybe.

Sorry you have a cold, Claudia and R is having problems with his hand.  I'm sure it is frustrating for him.  Sounds like you are getting a lot accomplished.  We will be having leftover pizza tonight.  Not sure what else, but I'll think of something.

DH's caregiver forgot to bring the new underwear, but she said she will drop it by later today.  I am pretty eager to try it out.  DH seems to be doing pretty well today -- he slept much better.  But, I did not sleep well for some reason.  

I have had a pretty nice day so far -- took a walk after I dropped him off, made it to the grocery, and then to the gym.  I'm playing the Safeway Monopoly game, but so far the only thing I won was a six pack of sodas.  So, I guess no million dollars for me.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

One can always daydream about winning, Linda. I hate those times I want to sleep but can't. Hope tonight is better.

I don't feel like I accomplish a lot but every little bit helps.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...I have been coughing since I got up but think it has finally stopped. I would like to sit in the sun to see if that would me, but one of the antibiotics causes sun sensitivity so I do not think I should. 

Obviously, nothing on the agenda today...I have a small ham and will make some scalloped potatoes for tomorrow. I am not going to sing but hope to make it to church.

sydnie wants to do a day camp at the humane society for a week this summer. I told m we could help pay for it. Amie and family are at her mills for the weekend.

Linda, I am glad that you had a good day yesterday.  I hope dh can continue at his care place...you definitely need that. V buys lottery tickets weekly but we have never won anything but a few dollars here and there.

claudia, what are you doing for Easter??  Hope griff and tt are behaving. 

It it is going to be warm. But cooler next week.

have a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope the coughing is over, Barbara, and you can make it to church.  I'm sure Syd will enjoy that day camp this summer.  DD told me that DGD may want to take an interior decorating class just for fun.  Sounds good to me.

They were quite nice when I picked up DH from day services yesterday.  I was about to take him to the bathroom, but one of the aides said she had just done so, and he was fine.  They did ask about Thursday (I had been taking him for a couple of hours when I was in class), and I told them that he will not be attending since class is over.  I am happy that is an option since my favorite teacher usually has class on Thursday.

I stopped at two nurseries on the way home, and ended up buying a type of sage plant to replace a plant that died over the winter.  It is supposed to attract birds, etc. (purple flowers).  Hope the plant makes it.

DH slept well last night, and I slept much better -- thank goodness.  Nothing exciting planned for today -- walk, laundry, and financial review.  

Hope things are going okay with you Claudia, and both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

A teaspoon of honey might help the coughing, Barbara. The camp sounds like a good idea for Sydnie.

We are not planning anything special for Easter. I did get the cards sent for the boy's. Not much going on today. I can't muster up the energy for any errands and there's nothing urgent.

Linda, is it Russian Sage? I had one till R had the blacktopped area widened. The flowers were purple. We seemed to have a lot of butterflies attracted to it.

I'm glad you and DH slept well. DGD's class sounds like fun.  Griff has been God except for barking at neighbors one house down who were in their garden. He thinks the whole block is his.