Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs. Week of July 28

Good Afternoon!  The phone answering went well, and the door estimate guy won't be here for another hour.  We had some pretty wild weather this morning -- rain, sun, thunderstorms (heavy), now back to sun.  I still wish we would get steady rain, but......

I understand why you need to go to the grocery store so often, Barbara.  Back when my brother and I were growing up, they thought it was okay for me to be skinny, but the doctor worried about my brother.  So, he had my parents buy vitamins for my brother.  But, my brother threw them behind the refrigerator instead of taking them.  Pretty crazy.  Unlike Syd, we were short as well as being thin.  Actually, my brother never was heavy, and I have not been heavy so far, but certainly not skinny like I was in the past.

The type of door you were looking at is the same as the type I'm looking at, Barbara.  But, the first company would have charged even more for a door with more design.  I'm hoping the other two companies will offer more for less money.  And, it would certainly be less expensive if I only get one door rather than two.

Since I am only cooking for one, my grocery shopping has not gone up, but I'm sure trying to get food for a picky eater, plus other premium-type food for several people can really add up.  I know DD"s grocery bills are very, very high.  Of course, she is usually feeding six adults.  

I had an interesting e-mail from my financial person -- she sent a six month review of my account, and asked me to set up an appointment with her to go over it via the computer.  I never had someone do that before.  Anyway, I didn't know what time zone Oklahoma was in, and I was pretty surprised that it is Central time (currently two hours ahead of us).  I did avoid her early appointments (she started at 7:00 a.m. some days.)  That won't be for another couple of weeks.

Hope things are going okay there, Claudia.  I can't remember which appointments are today, but I'm pretty sure there are some.  Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Packing is progressing but Maggie Mae has had to be removed from the suitcase several times, Barbara. Tipperary's food arrived today. I ordered Sunday because I wanted to be sure she had enough for her time at the kennel.

We're back from the VA. Friday  is R's neurologist appointment for the emg. Lots of road construction on our way home.

I'm picking up only the groceries we need for the next few days.

Good luck with the door estimate, Linda.

It's good Pepper turned around and returned home when called. Training can work 9 out of 10 times but then there's that one time when they see something and decide to investigate.

I have to remember to do the banking tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..

it is another nice day. I went to Costco and bought some bul meat items..It is much cheaper. The grocery store where I always shopped hasbecome ridiculous in their pricing.

i finished reorganizing the basement yesterday..there is still a lot of stuff, but Syd has 4 big bins of toys to donate.she wants to have a garage sale but we do not think there is enough to sell.,

my my dear friend from Az called yesterday to tell me that she did not get the choralmdirctors position at our church. I am very sad because she would have been perfect.instead, they hired some young guy with a doctorate in organ.i will have to see if he has the vhoralmchops to work with an older choir many of whom were professional,singers ,conductors and musician.,

Linda..sounds like you got a good deal on your door.,after our horrible rxpeirnce with our bathroom remodel, I would hire a small local company.hope your get together is fun.

Claudia..maybe Maggie Mae wants to go with you..lol. Pepper always gets frantic when she sees suitcases.

enjoy.😍😍

Respected Contributor

91° here. I got my errands done (and there were a lot of them). Tomorrow we travel for R's emg.

Tip has been very busy working on the fallen tree limbs. Most of the smaller branches have been removed. Once we get back from the reunion we'll worry about cutting up and disposing of the 2 larger limbs.

That's too bad your friend did not get the position, Barbara.

Having a garage sale imo is a real pain. I prefer to donate and be done.

Linda, I'm glad the 2nd door estimate was a better experience.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry your friend did not get the position, Barbara.  Glad you were able to get less expensive food from COSTCO.  I really want to go there, but I'm not sure when I will do so.  I agree with Claudia -- yard sales are so much work.  I'm big on donating.

Hope R's appointment goes okay tomorrow, Claudia.  It is hot there.  Pretty hot here as well, but not out of the ordinary.  Glad the limbs can wait until after the reunion.

It was quite a long day, but a good one.  The caregivers lunch was good as was the meeting.   Of course, some very sad stories, but I'm happy people are willing to share and hopefully they get some help from those of us who have gone through caregiving experiences and/or are going through them now.  

The coffee/dessert time went long, but was very good.

Then, I went to the gym -- I got so hot that I took a shower after the gym.  Two in one day is unusual, but......

The good news is that I found about another local company that makes security screen doors, and I have made an appointment with them for next Thursday.  If they charge as little as some of the prices that my buddies paid, I will be thrilled.  It could be not too much more than the price of one door by the first company for two doors.  Of course, the prices may have gone up since they got their doors, but.......

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..the humidity and heat have returned...I think the ac will go on shortly.

i had a peducre this morning and then went to finish my shopping for staples etc.,there was a Walmart across the street and it was quite nice..clean, good prices etc.imthink I savedcat least $25 tom$30:. Most items were a dollar or two cheaper.

now I am recovering. What makes this disease so difficult, is that you can feel,terrific at the beginning of the day and then do an activity and feel like c*** afterwards.v is doing the laundry and I am going to sit for a while.

Linda..fingers crossed that you can find some doors at a reasonable price. I never liked walking when it was really 🥵. Glad your get together was good.

Claudia..I think,our reunion is co,ing up soon. Enjoy.

stay cool and enjoy your day.🎈🎈

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you feel better soon, Barbara.  Glad you were able to get your pedicure and then found your staples at WalMart for a good price.  I went there this morning for the same reason.  As I left, they gave me a flier about ordering groceries on-line -- the first time you get $10 off.  Not sure that I will try it since I usually enjoy shopping in the store, but maybe someday.

I checked and found my hairdresser was very busy, but she told me to come back in an hour, which I did.  Very happy that I got my hair done.

Just off the phone with my hospice patient's son, and he wants me to come tomorrow afternoon while he takes a nap.  He has to drive his wife and daughter to the airport very early, so he thinks a nap would be nice.  I can certainly relate.

I went to Sprouts, but still need to go to Safeway.  Guess I will go soon. 

DD said Army DGS was driving to a friend's wedding in NY, and got his hair cut in advance.  I hope he doesn't have any problems and has a good time.  Oldest DGS is doing okay in Chicago, but doesn't like it there.  So far, I don't think he has liked any place other than Maryland.  LOL  

Hope R's test went okay today, Claudia.  Also hope you and your furbabies are doing okay.

Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you had the chance to sit a while after grocery shopping, Barbara.

I started off the day in a mood as I didn't sleep well. I had planned that R would drive so I could tell him the various exits and turns. Instead I had to drive and he is lousy at giving directions. The GPS was on. He had his music on plus the gps on his phone providing another echo. Told me to turn left when it should have been right. Grr. Just too much noise overload.

We are finally home. When I checked today's mail there was the authorization letter for today's VA approved appointment.

I have considered online ordering but haven't tried it yet, Linda. At least the local Wal-Mart has stopped examining the receipt when leaving the store. I try when possible to shop elsewhere but sometimes I just need to do my shopping in a short period of time.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Sorry you didn't get enough sleep and had to drive yesterday, Claudia.  Hope you slept well last night.  They rarely check our receipts at Walmart, but I remember it being common in Maryland.  Not sure if that has changed or not.

Another hot day here (should make it to 100 degrees plus), and there is only a small chance of rain.  It is humid for this area, and looks like it is about to storm, but..... I saw one of my pool buddies in Walmart, and she said she was having trouble finding times when she could go to the pool due to the storm threats, so she went swimming at 5:30 a.m. I can't see myself doing that ever.  

Hope you are not too achy today, Barbara, and both of you and your families and furbabies have a nice day.

Nothing exciting planned here -- just my regular Saturday chores. I am happy to have a hospice visit this afternoon.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is warm..Syd and went to get some prescriptions. I just installed a driving app and Bluetooth device fron our car insurance to reduce our insurance costs..it can save up to 20% over time. I am a good driver so figured I have nothing to lose. It was fairly easy to set up. 

My my house is nice and clean.  Syd and m have been better about keeping things picked up.

nothing on the agenda today...it is on the warm and humid side so the ac is on..v gets chilled easily these days so it is warmer than I like.

another shooting in El Paso..unbelievable what our country is becoming.,

on that note..I will not pontificate any more.

Stay cool,😜😜