Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs. Week of July 21

Glad your long infusion is over, Barbara, and I hope you don't have more side effects.  Good that you brought things to entertain you.  Nice that the girls can entertain themselves and don't bother M while she is working.  I think staying with a State school is an excellent idea for most kids.  Glad your three didn't need loans.  Unfortunately, two of my grands have them, but hopefully will be able to pay them off without too much trouble.  I understand those who usually have the most trouble take loans but do not graduate from college.   Then, they can't get well-paying jobs and default on the loans.  This is particularly true for the "for profit" colleges.

Glad there is a breeze there, Claudia.  I'm sure Tipp will be very happy to be "free tomorrow.  That is sad about your neighbor -- glad she has family around.

The senior lunch program went pretty well today -- no extras, so people asking for seconds was not a problem.  I was sweating it when the last two people came in line, but it worked out just right.

It was cloudy and cool this morning, but is in the 90's now with plenty of sun. We may have some more rain later today.   I called Jo Ann, but she has not called me back.  Hope she does get her keys back.  DH tried to get an extra fob, but it was quite expensive, and the dealer said you should wait until the car was a little older so that they would have appropriate keys.  After he heard how much it would cost, DH decided against it.

I'm a little sleepy, but plan to go to the gym soon.  Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It didn't rain yesterday, and I'm not sure if we will get rain today or not.  There is a chance, but......  It was cloudy on my walk this morning, but now is mostly sunny.

As you may have read on the other thread, I finally heard from Jo Ann yesterday evening, and she has promised to call the restaurant this morning.  

I ended up making three types of quick breads for the potluck today -- hope the ladies enjoy them.  

I finally called the handyman who was pretty blase about the fact that he had not located any screen doors for me.  I asked if I should check with other companies, and he said yes.  So, I have a company coming next Wednesday.  They make custom doors and windows -- I'm sure they are not cheap, but at least I would like to get an idea about the cost.

Glad no side effects that you can't deal with from the new infusion, Barbara.  Really hope this one does the trick, and you have many more good than difficult (achy) days.  Also hope all is well with you, R, and your furbabies, Claudia.  I know Tip will be pleased to be free again.

Have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad your friend will call the restaurant, Linda. I certainly wouldn't count on them to contact her.

We took a very energetic (that's an understatement) Tippy to get her stitches out this afternoon. She was so happy to get the padded collar and tee shirt off. Right now she's busy telling Griffyn off.

Its a good thing to check with other companies about your door replacenent. It's too bad the handyman didn't take any action.

Barbara, I echo what Linda said. I hope you're feeling ok today.

Respected Contributor

The girls and Amie left a little bit ago. My headache was pretty bad today, but I managed it ok. Amie took me out to lunch which was nice and she washed the windows in the house. I still need to do the screens this weekend. 

Tomorrow we we are going to visit with vs family at his brothers cabin. I wasn’t sure that I would feel,like going but since I seem to be ok, it should be fun.

Linda...I too hope this infusion works. I was talking to the man next to me who said this infusion has changed his life. 

Joann will hopefully, locate her keys. She should call the restaurant. Good luck with you vitamin situation. Are your legs feeling better.

claudia, hope your day has gone well.

sleep well..

💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

Glad Tip got the collar off, Claudia.  Hope things went okay with her today, and R, the other furbabies, and you are feeling okay.

Hope you had a good time with V's family today, Barbara, and your headache went away.  Nice of Amie to help you out and take you out to eat.  It would be wonderful if your new infusion works that well for you -- fingers crossed.

As you probably read, Jo Ann did get her keys back from the little shopping center lost and found.  That is a relief.

I am having another door company come next week -- one on Monday and the other on Wednesday -- afternoon for both.  Hospice wants me to answer phones on Wednesday, so I'll do that in the morning.

The lunch today was nice -- food okay, and company good.  I met a lady whose husband had a rare form of cancer (stage 4), and went through lots of trials, including stem cell transplants, chemo, etc.   He was in the hospital several times, including once when he was there for six weeks, and nearly died.  The good news is that he has almost reached the five year survival rate, and actually went back to work after his treatment.   She retired early to take care of him and her sister who also had cancer, and now he has retired as well.

I don't know if those vitamins will help, Barbara, but I thought it would be worth a try.  My legs are slightly better I guess (wearing the compression hose).  But, these hose can get very hot -- so I sometimes just take them off later in the day.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm glad you were able to handle that headache ok. I hope you're feeling better today and can enjoy the time at the cabin. It's sweet of Amie to take you out to eat plus do the windows.

Linda, I hope the door companies and their estimates are not too bad. The doors are definitely a need. In the past we've had storm doors replaced that were not a standard size and the price didn't seem too expensive.

I'm very happy to hear your friend has her keys again.

Besides errands I pulled vines loose from the side fence. All the rain had the vines taking over the fence. The new neighbor on that side mows once in a while but has let the weeds grow along his side of the fence. Tomorrow I hope to trim behind the garage. Too bad I can't have some of Tip's energy.

There's a lot of road work locally. It really adds time on to my errands. I found 2 pairs of shorts on clearance for R. Hopefully they fit.

I woke up at 4:33 this morning to the phone ringing. Phone number was not displayed just the letter V plus a whole line of numbers. I really had trouble getting back to sleep. Last week 4 times in one day called is showed my own phone number calling me. Arghh.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...we had a great visit yesterday and I am glad we went. I slept a bit on the way home. I am still dealing with side effects, but again they are manageable.i don’t feel super but I can do things. 

One of my sils does not look well at all. She is very thin and is also very hard of hearing...her hearing aids were being repaired si it was hard to get her attention. She is 4 years younger than me but looks older. I worry about her.

Sounds as if everyone is doing well

enjoy your day.😍😍

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  I really hate those types of phones calls, Claudia.  I know that they are supposed to be working on it, but..........I turn off my cell at night, but can be bothered by the landline phone.  Sorry you are having to deal with that road construction and the weeds.  Sounds like your new neighbor is not too into yard work.  Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay today.

Very glad you had such a good time yesterday, Barbara.  Also glad you are able to deal with those symptoms.  I can understand why you are concerned by your SIL -- hope it is nothing serious. 

I'm back from the kids carnival, and it was pretty wild.  Went much later than I expected, but I think the kids had a good time.  I was helping out with the popcorn -- messy job, especially since the lady in charge didn't realize that she should have closed off a top piece of the machine.   Oh well....we made plenty of popcorn..  The regular lunch group was not happy that lunch was delayed a while (5-10 minutes) due to the carnival.  Lots of grumbling.

I met a new volunteer who seems nice -- widow about as long as me.  Wish she lived closer, but maybe we can get together sometime.  

I'm not sure, but I think the security screen doors are considerably more expensive than storm doors, Claudia.  I know that DD's custom storm door (Anderson) was at least $400 less than the least expensive one that I'll be considering from one of the companies.  And, I think that company is probably less expensive than the other.  Not sure if that is due to the type of door or my location. 

DD and my SIL went to an office-sponsored "escape house" yesterday evening.  DD was surprised at the lack of knowledge of some of the highly educated women who attended.  They even questioned her when she said that Benjamin Franklin was not a President!  Anyway, she helped their team win the contest, and I know that pleased her. 

Oldest DGS is going to Chicago on Monday.  I know he isn't thrilled, but at least it isn't in the dead of winter.

Due to my time at the carnival, I am late having lunch and going grocery shopping, but I'm sure I'll get it done.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I put the laundry away with Maggie Mae kitten's assistance. Lol. Then tackled behind the garage. I cut back any new growth I could reach on our side of the boundary fence plus finished clearing the vines from the side fence. That recent homeowner is young and probably could care less about the weeds.

Because next week is filled with appointments R packed most of his clothes for the reunion. We'll collect his suit from the cleaners Monday. So far I've dealt with what feels like 20 questions. Should we take passports too? Why does it have to be a tsa approved lock? Why does the c-pap machine need to be in the carryon? And so on.

Oops re: the top piece of the popcorn machine, Linda. I find many who consider themselves highly educated lack what I think of basic knowledge. When the kids were young I played audio tapes of history events in the car on long trips. They were not pleased at the time but long term it expanded their knowledge of history. I was surprised when my work partner didn't know who Grandma Moses was years ago. She had no idea why I was so excited at finding the Night Before Christmas illustrated by her at a used book sale.

I hope you and the new volunteer can get together.

Barbara, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself yesterday and you can manage the side effects. Fingers crossed it is nothing too serious with your sil. I bet it's difficult for to be without her hearing aids.

Very few people have my cell phone  number so I seldom get nuisance calls on it. I keep the landline phone by the bed in case of emergency. At least last night there were no calls.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...itisxwarm here but the ceiling fan is working well.

we just got back from a presentation on exiting time shares..not as easy as one would think. But we need to downsize our possessions a bit. All I can say is yikes.

i am feeling better but still having some delayed side effects...

Linda..hope your meeting with your hospice patient this afternoon. Also hope tye heat is tolerable. 

Syd is busy editing a you a you tube video that she made on making chocolate chip cookies. She has a few followers. 

Claudia..you will have a busy week next week.

Linda ..bet the carnival was fun..but working the popcorn machine would not be my favorite.  You have a very kind heart.💖💖

enjoy the the rest of your day. 🌻🌻