Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs Week of December 9

Good afternoon...I am developing a cold so woke up with a very raspy voice this morning. I used my tricks to clear my voice and I was able to sing in the concert this afternoon and do my solo.,

i am going to do some u healthy takeout for dinner..I am working in getting Sydnie packed for her trip tomorrow.

hope you are having a nice day.

🤪🤪🤪🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs Week of December 9

We were posting about the same time, Barbara.  Glad you were able to sing today.  Is M going on the trip with Syd?

---------------

Here is what I posted.  

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I guess you have been in a choir marathon today, Barbara.  The choir at my church is presenting a cantata at both services next week.  Hope that you are feeling okay and not over-stressed.

Hi Claudia.  Hoping R and your furbabies are doing okay.  Is it cold there? It was pretty cool/cold this morning (38 or so), but is in the upper 60's now.

Not much of interest from me.  I went to the gym after church, and then had lunch.  The light under my microwave burned out, and I spent quite a while (and cut my finger) getting the bulb out.  Two hardware stores later, no bulb.  I think I will check Amazon, and if that doesn't work Home Depot or the only other local hardware store. 

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm very glad you were able to clear your voice. Hope that cold goes away.

Linda, I never had a microwave light go out and didn't know you could replace it. 38° is cold for you.

It was cold this morning - in the teens but then later was in the 30's. I had hoped for a quiet day but R decided he wanted room in the garage. I was sorting recycle, garbage, and donate items (he used the trailer in recent years as a catch all) when he called the son of a buddy and offered to give him the utility trailer if he took everything.

So it was put it all back in the trailer along with a few other things. I was standing on blacktop and concrete longer than was good for me. If this had been planned there were several other items I would have included but at least he decided to let the utility trailer go.

Griff is curled up in the couch and all my "must do" chores are done. To make more room in the dining room I moved mother's tea cart into the living room behind the couch. I'd like to get rid of the old enamel top cupboard (looks like the bottom half of a hoosier cupboard) but that must wait. I used to use that as a kitchen island.

Esteemed Contributor

That is wild about the utility trailer, Claudia.  At least it is gone.  Sorry you were standing too long.

The lightbulb I want to replace is not inside of the microwave.  My microwave is above the stove, and under the microwave, there is a light and a fan -- sort of like what I used to have when I just had a fan over the stove.  I'm not sure how one could change the bulb inside the microwave, and I doubt that I would try.  I did find a bulb that should work on Amazon.  Until it arrives, I'll keep a flashlight handy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon/Evening!  I'm back from grief group, which was good.  We were asked to share something that reminded us of our loved one, and I took two photos of DH (one with me) on trips.  I had a very difficult time deciding what to take, and actually didn't get much rest one night worrying about it.  Very silly.

Strong bones class went fine, and I dropped off my application to be a hospice volunteer.  I'm not happy about the drug test part -- I have to drive about 18 miles each way, and they are only open for 1 1/2 hours a day for drug testing.  But, the rest of the testing and training will be held at their facility.

DD and two or three of the kids are sick with colds, and she said she has really been down and out for a few days.  No appetite or energy.  She is hoping today is better. 

The two youngest are having trouble with getting credit for their Community College work, and they have decided to take a day off work to try to straighten things out.  Calling and e-mailing just has not helped.  If they can't get things corrected, I think both will not be going to school next semester.  (They have not been given credit for the preliminary classes they have taken, and don't want to re-take them in order to take the more advanced classes).  I really hope this works out for them.  Meanwhile, Army DGS is back to his regular job, and his boss is very happy.

Hope you are feeling okay today, Barbara.  And, you, R, and your furbabies are also well, Claudia.  The leader of the hospice group shared one of his Uncle's photo/story.  He had been in Vietnam, and probably had Agent Orange, but never had it officially.  He passed away a couple of months ago.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Just got an e-mail, and my references gave excellent feedback.  So, now I need to work on the drug test part.  

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...on the way to the airport some stupid lady rear ended us..cars had stopped and she hit us hard enough to damage the rear end and get us checked by emits.

thank goodness we left early but was an aggravation we did not need. Syd said her head hurt as does mine..but m will get her checked out in LA if she has to.yikes.

now I am trying to get ready to go tomorrow..will be interested to see how it goes with Pepper on the plane.

Linda..glad you are proceeding with your new volunteer job...sorry about the dgks with the credit issues. Hope they get that figured out.

Claudia..good that the trailer is gone..hope you have some time to rest up.

enjoy your day..tomorrow is a travel day.

🥰🥰

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda, I hope your dgd can straighten out the problems with their credits. If not is there a chance they can test out on those courses and get credit that way?

I am not surprised you have excellent references. I think you have much to offer.

Barbara, I'm glad you and Syd were not badly hurt. I hope Pepper travels well. Safe travels.

I found I did not hurt as much as I expected after yesterday's garage clearing effort. I took down the curtains in the dining room then started removing items from the wood shelves above the doorways. R insisted on putting them up some years back. It's a nice thought but very difficult to get up there and clean. One board is about 6' and the other is longer. I still have more to do and will be deciding what to keep.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  How awful to be "rear ended" on the way to the airport, Barbara.  Of course, it brings back memories of my accident four plus years ago on the way to the airport to pick up DH.  I'm still traumatized by that accident all these years later.  I am glad you and Syd were not too badly hurt, and I hope your headaches went away. Also hope your trip went okay today, including Pepper.

I can certainly relate to the problem of shelves that are too high, Claudia.  Sound like a great idea, but not so much, particularly when you aren't very tall.  Glad you were able to accomplish so much yesterday.  

I don't think that there is any way for DGD or youngest DGS to get credit for those classes through testing.  The weird part is that they took the classes at the community college that is a "feeder" to the State university.  Hopefully, the in-person visit will help.  Meanwhile, Army DGS was feeling very poorly today, and DD took him to the clinic.  Hopefully, the medicine will help him.  

The senior lunch program went fine, and I'll be leaving for the gym soon.  I'm thinking about going up for my drug test tomorrow, but I'll have to see how I feel.  

Hope both of you are feeling okay and have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Linda, I really hope the in person visit will help your grandchildren get the credits. When I heard of Barbara's accident i immediately thought of yours. I hope Army dg s feels better. 

I got the remaining items off the one shelf and cleaned. Cleaning the shelf itself will not be easy. Initially i thought I could lift it down to clean. Nope, too heavy. It seems I'll need to get up on the third step of the ladder (which I hate to do) and clean it in sections. Then, lucky me, I get to start all over again on the longer wall. Then at some point there's the 2  8' ones in the living room.

R is bowling after spending time in the garage with the window and stove pipe. When he wasn't doing that he was examining the gas fireplace in the living room trying to decide if a replacement would be vented or unvented.

Barbara, I hope your travels went well today and that Pepper had no problems.

Respected Contributor

We made it safely home..Pepper was perfect traveling. She was in her carrier for many hours and not a woof, whine or any noise from her. Vyrn managed to fall with his walker..yikes..think he needs to use a wheel chair for the long distances and we had quite the long home here from the gate to the baggage claim.

my cleaning lady came today and I just went grocery shopping. I am very tired so plan on doing next to nothing except trying to get the fingerless mittens done. 

Claudia..your shelf cleaning sounds treacherous. Glad you got it done.

Linda..hope getting to yiurdtug test is not too difficult. We are fine from our little crash..I remember how bad yours was.. 

hope yiu you have a good day🥶🥶🥶