Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs Week of April 7

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll check out that thread.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...it is such a lovely day..I have no ambition today..so have not been doing much. I need days like this. We are going out to dinner tonight with some friends tonight. 

Linda..hope you hear from you cpa sooner rather than later. I chimed in on the other thread about using a roller, which has really improved my skin. 

Sydnie had a god day at school...found out she is ahead in her classes, which I suspected would be true.

Claudia..wonder if that storm is affecting you???

Enjoy the rest of the day.🌻🌻

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Enjoy your dinner, Barbara.  Glad you could take the day off so to speak.  Not surprised that Syd was ahead of her classes.  I'm a big supporter of public schools, but the individual attention you can receive from home schooling can help you advance more quickly (in the experience of my grands).  It has been cloudy and cool here today, but no rain so far at least.  Glad the roller from your company works for you.

Hope all is okay there today, Claudia.  DD said that DGD would like to get a small dog -- apparently some breeds are not a problem as far as allergies go.  Not sure if that will come to pass, but.....  When I was in Sprouts, a lady was standing in the check-out line with her small dog who had just messed all over the floor -- yuck is all that I can say.

My cable company insisted that I get a new cable box which came today.  I was stumped on step one, but fortunately a tech talked me through it.  I ended up using the old cable that came from the wall rather than use the one that they sent.  Confusing, but....  Now I'm having trouble programming the remote.  I can get the TV on okay, but not using just one remote.  I'll keep trying to get this to go. 

I have finally settled on the hotels for my DC trip -- not too easy, but....  No word from my CPA yet, which is not a big surprise given the complexity of my taxes.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Just heard from my SIL -- she is moving back to Maryland.  The guy admitted that he is stuck in his ways.  He will pay for her move.   Her old job is open (hopefully she can get it back), and she can move back to her basement apartment at least for a while.  She will look for low cost housing.  I'll need to continue to pay for her car, but......  

Respected Contributor

We had some rain, Barbara. No big storm here. I think south of us may have worse weather. I spent a good portion of the day cleaning as R invited his shooting buddy and wife to see the kitchen. They came earlier than expected while I was cleaning up the yard.

Enjoy dinner tonight.

We ended up having dinner at the restaurant R and I are at Tuesday morning. Leftovers came home with us.

Linda, I'm not surprised your silsil is moving back. It's a shame things didn't work out but... better to find out now than later.

Oh my on the dog mess.

Tip has been limping off and on. When I talked to the vet assistant I was told it is probably a sprain and to see how she does over the weekend. Griff distinguished himself by getting through the kitchen half door thanks to R and charging into the living room as Our company was leaving.  He was quickly returned to the kitchen.

I see R is to have another scan of his lungs this month. I'm not sure if it will.be local or out of town.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  It is sunny, but cool here this morning.  We are expecting highs in the 70's and windy weather this afternoon.  Unfortunately, they are still predicting thunderstorms for DD's area tomorrow, which means she and DGD will probably miss the 5K race they were supposed to run for the local animal shelter.  They are not re-scheduling.  I guess the positive note is that they will have given a nice contribution to the shelter.  She said she might consider entering other races since she has spent a bunch of time in training.

My CPA called this morning, and he will file for an extension.  I took a check to him, and he will include it with the extension form.  He said he cannot file without the mission forms -- not a surprise.  I asked what will happen if I don't receive them (I am missing forms from four different companies), and he said that he will just go ahead and file since they will not be generating a form for IRS either. I guess it is possible that I'll get forms from some and not the others, and he told me just to bring them when I receive them. Anyway, I feel better getting the extension filed in time, plus the amount he wanted (estimated amount I owe) was far less than I expected.  Hopefully, this will do it in terms of how much I owe -- that would be great.

Hope Tip is over the limping today, Claudia.  That Griff -- at least you got him back in the kitchen quickly.  Hope R's scan goes okay, and you, R, and the furbabies are doing okay today.

Also hope your dinner last night was good, and you are feeling okay today, Barbara.

Now that I have taken care of the tax issue (at least for a while), I can get back to my regular Saturday activities -- laundry, financial review, and hospice visit.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda 

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is very nice here also. I am enjoying these “perfect” days. 

V helped me clean the house..with just the 2 of us, it does not require much cleaning...but I like very clean bathrooms and floors. The bathrooms get done more than once a week.

syd auditioned for a national modeling agency and they are very interested in her. She needs to be 15 before she can really go out, but the agent took lots of pictures and talked to m. She was the only one that had this happen. Sounds as if she may go out from the middle of July to Labor Day and then come home for schho

Linda..Glad you got your extension filed and it did not cost too much. I hope this is the last year you have to hassle with taxes.

we had a nice dinner last night..shared one dinner and that worked out well because I still have no appetite.

Claudia..hope Tip has quit limping. That was funny about Griff escaping..

enjoy the the rest of your day. linda, are you enjoying the hospice visits??

🌸🌸🌼🌼

Respected Contributor

We've had a warm sunny day here. This morning I took a box of small electrics and appliances that no longer work to the scheduled recycling event. I also took batteries and light bulbs. Now I need a dedicated box for items I find over the next few months.

I also got some branches out front for next week's spring cleanup. When the kitchen was remodeled the delivery truck dislodged the cable wire and took down a couple large branches which they put in the back yard. Tip has been happily dragging them around. She will not be pleased to find them missing. I also trimmed the first this and checked behind the garage for any branches overhanging the boundary fence. I had a panicky moment when the key to the gate to get into that area was nowhere to be found. R managed to locate it.I

What a relief to have that extension filed, Linda. One less thing to worry about. It's too bad your DD and DVD may miss out on the 5k.

Barbara, that's good news for Sydnie. I'm glad V was able to help you with the cleaning. I didn't do much inside today. I decided while the weather was good is better work outside. Ti took the air conditioner cover off so we're ready now for warm weather.

Tip doesn't seem to be limping. She did help Once though. It's not easy getting an active puppy to stay quiet.

R just took an air mattress pad up to the bathtub to check for leaks. Found lots of leaks so it will be thrown out. However he left the plug in the tub and if I know my cats they'll take off with it so if better go up and put it safely away.