Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs Week of April 7

I hope things work out for your DGD, Linda. At least she has the option of not working if she so chooses.

R decided to update the computer drivers. He accidentally brought up something called slimware and clicked on "I agree" . Smh. Now he tried taking the computer back to several months ago but it's not doing what he wanted. I am not pleased but very glad I got the taxes done. I have the feeling he'll need to take it somewhere to be worked on. The person who worked on our previous computer is no longer available.

I fear things can never be mended with Whitney. She holds her grudges close to her.

Respected Contributor

Good morning..it is very windy here and much cooler...I only opened the sliding glass door to the Az room because I do not want a ton of dust in the house.. I

i had a nice massage this morning. V picked up the carpet cleaning machine so we will work on that this afternoon. 

Linda...sounds like your dgd does not want to work...it is hard to go to school and work. I am sure she will,decide what is best for her.  Good luck with your taxes..hopefully your cpa can help you. 

Claudia..yikes to the computer mess..m did that once and it cost a bit to get it fixed. Hope Tip is behaving today.  Pepper ate part of a dead squirrel yesterday. She picked it up on her walk and saved it. Sydnie found the bones in her bed. Arghhh

enjoy your day..I am feeling pretty decent today.

🌹🌹

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about R's computer issues, Claudia.  Hope it isn't too expensive to have it repaired if  you go that route.  One of my friends was having lots of trouble with her I-phone and found she has to go quite a distance to have it repaired or at least looked at.  Hope things are okay with you, R, and your furbabies (particularly Tip).  Very sad about Whit.

Glad you are feeling pretty decent today, Barbara.  Good that you had your massage.    It is much cooler and windy here as well.  I opened up a couple of windows in the Arizona room, but decided to close them due to the dust problem.  I do have the bathroom window opened slightly.  The dust is actually making it difficult to see the mountains, and they have issued a "red flag" warning due to the winds and fire danger.  

DD said DGD was very different today -- happily talking about her job, etc.  Unfortunately, she tends to be very up and down emotionally.   DD and I think that it might be better for her to have a part-time job, but they are difficult to find outside of retail, etc. that she does not want.  While she doesn't "need" the money, she doesn't want to give up things like having her nails done and buying clothes, etc.  So, not working at all probably would be difficult for her.  I'm glad DD seems to be able to handle it, but she DD) does get weary sometimes.  Today DD has her period and a migraine, so it is good that DGD is having an "up" day.

After much thought, I decided to take my tax stuff to the CPA this morning.  I did include a note explaining my concerns about the "problem" forms, etc  It feels good to have it out of my hands for a while at least.

I'm having lunch with a couple of my Caregiver friends this afternoon.  Nothing else planned except a little cleaning later.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as I know the computer is working. About the only time I use the desk top is when I do the taxes. I use my Kindle Fire most of the time.

Barbara, how horrible for Syd to find the bones in her bed. Arghh. Those sheets and covers would be off the bed and I might even have flipped the mattress.

I got around to vacuuming the upstairs this morning. I'm just too tired to do it at night. As I vacuumed the hall and headed towards the bathroom with the vacuum 7-8 cats raced out from under the clawfoot tub. It was similar to clowns exiting a tiny car. Later when I started down the stairs I saw a cat bed at the bottom. Usually it's in an alcove part way down. When I lifted it up there was the biggest cat of all -Spot cowering under the cat bed. He didn't move till I touched him then scurried up the steps tail all puffed up. I may not see him again till tomorrow.

I drove over to schedule an oil change /tire rotation for tomorrow afternoon after I couldn't reach the business by phone. They said they've had phone problems all day. They can't inspect the car until they're in their building. The previous building was destroyed by fire last fall and the new building isn't quite ready.

R has his sleep apnea appointment in the morning.

Earlier in the week we had a red flag warning, Linda. Today it's cooler but not as windy. Fingers crossed for your taxes. Enjoy your lunch.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I misunderstood about the bones -- were they in Syd's bed, Barbara?  If so, I would react like Claudia.  I thought they were in Pepper's bed.  Yuck!   I hope that Pepper doesn't get sick from messing with the dead squirrel.  While the vet and I didn't find what they ate, one time both of the dogs got pretty sick (vomiting, etc.) after getting into something in the yard.  Not fun.

Respected Contributor

I may have been the one jumping to conclusions, Linda. If it was Pepper's bed it wouldn't be so bad.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we played bridge this morning and I won first place. And a little bit of cash. I had a couple of very good hands, which I bid correctly. V is playing this afternoon, so I am doing more trip planning and a bit of laundry.

The Bose were in Peppers bed...she sleeps in her kennel. Syd would have wanted a new mattress is they had been in her bed.

They ended up with a blizzard so schools were closed today. Poor Sydnie has to wait until tomorrow. She has missed playing in snow so today she has her chance.

Linda..you are busy today...it is cool here bit nice..about 70.

Cludia I think Whitwill regret her decisions in the future. I can imagine all of your cats running around. You are such an animal lover.

Have a good day.💖💖

Esteemed Contributor

Glad to hear about your bridge win, Barbara.  Also glad the bones were in Pepper's bed rather than Syd's.  Too bad she could not go to school due to the blizzard, but at least she was able to play in the snow.

Hope all is well with you, R, and your furbabies, Claudia.  Seems like the cats want in on the action -- keeps you on your toes.

I made it to the gym this morning -- went well, and then I went to the park after dropping off an Amazon return at UPS.  They are having an event "Art in the Park" on Saturday, but I probably will not attend since there is very little parking and many people attend.  

DD is very happy with her new door, but said it was cold when they took out the old one and then had to do some work before putting in the new one.  The contractor said that she needs a new front door and storm door (not a surprise).  He will give her an estimate.  She really likes him, and his work.  His son works with him, and they are a good team.

As I expected, no word about my taxes today.  Hopefully, I will hear something tomorrow or Monday morning.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's always nice to win a bit of money, Barbara. I'm certainly glad Pepper kept the bones in her bed. I hope Syd enjoyed her snow day.

R had his sleep apnea appointment this morning and has a wrist monitor to wear tonight.

We think Tip may have a uti. The vet wants us to get a specimen. Easier said than done. So far Tip is winning. We can't move as fast as we used to and she just might be smarter than we are.

It's too bad about the lack of parking for your Art in the Park, Linda. I've been fortunate with the Art in the Wilds event that parking is readily available. I bet your DD is very happy with the new door. It always seems that when something is remodeled or that something else needs done. I hope you hear about your taxes. It's so frustrating when you don't get the necessary forms.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda if you didn't know there are a few of us widows in among friends. Come on over and share with us if you want to.