Esteemed Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs Week of April 7

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Our weather is lovely today -- should make it into the 80's and sunny.  They are predicting high temperatures in the lower 90's tomorrow and Tuesday, and then in the 70's startling on Wednesday -- quite the roller coaster.

I have my widow's grief group this afternoon.  Nothing else exciting.  I managed to get most of my Saturday chores done yesterday, and I'm sure I'll be able to do what I planned for today (ironing and cooking mostly).  DH's DD did not want the rug, so I'll be donating it to one of the thrift stores.

Hope both of you are feeling okay today, and V, R, and the furbabies are behaving.  Don't have much hope that Tippy is behaving, but..... What a wild puppy.

Have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I have walked a bit less the past two days, and I think that it has helped with sleeping (not having so many aches and pains that wake me up at night.)  I'm really doing to try to keep up this pattern.

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICs Week of April 7

Good afternoon..it is on the warm side so I did turn on the ac.it will be in the 90s tomorrow and Tuesday. 

I sang for both services this morning and then we took a drive up in to the Superstition Mountains to a little stopping place and had lunch..The food is so so but the drive was pretty.

Syd is going to be in a big modeling showcase next weekend...she measure in at 5 6 and a half. M said she wants to go back to school, which I think would be good idea.

Linda..it is a good iedea to cut back on the walking...at least your body is responding well. Sounds like you had a good visit with your dil.

Claudia..hope things have settled down for you .and that includes Tip.

enjoy your day..I need to work on my achy body .

💖💖

Respected Contributor

It was in the low 70's today. Nice spring weather. I managed to get the chores done and helped him out up the primitive style plate rack that arrived Saturday. It holds 12 plates plus there is a lower shelf for bowls or cups and a place to hang a dish cloth.

It's a good thing I helped. When R went to hang the side closest to the window he had to step from the ladder to the counter above the dishwasher. I had to lift the or foot a couple inches higher or he would have made it.

The plate rack is where the cupboard above the dishwasher used to be. I had it on my wishlist for a year. The company is in WV and called The Primitive  Black Cat.

I still don't have much energy so helping with the cupboard and doing the must do chores is it for the day.

I'm glad you're sleeping better, Linda. I'm sure someone will be glad to get the rug at the thrift store.

Tippy now is behaving herself when we're eating.

Barbara, I hope you're enjoying good weather too.

Respected Contributor

Sorry about the achy body, Barbara. I'm glad you enjoyed the drive too the mountains even though the food was so-so. I can understand Syd wanting to return to school.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope your body isn't as achy today, Barbara.  Glad the scenery was nice yesterday even though  the food was just so so.  Syd is certainly tall for her age.  I know that DH's younger granddaughter (age 12) is taller than her older sister (age 15), but I don't think she is quite as tall as Syd.  Interestingly enough, she is "all legs" as they say, but her sister is more curvy (not fat at all, but.....)   I asked about ballet since DD was told that ballet was not for her when she developed (large on top), and she said her daughter could never be a professional ballerina, but they are okay with her being in their company.  This is a ballet company in San Francisco where she takes lessons).  

Do you mean that Syd wants to go back to school this spring?   Does she miss being with her friends?   Based on my grands, she will probably be ahead of the others due to her home schooling.

Glad Tip is allowing you to eat, Claudia.  Also glad you were able to get the plate rack up.  Hope you, R, and the furbabies are okay today.

Only two of us at "strong bones" today.  Next up is grief group and then bookclub.  I'm sure I'll be tired tonight, especially since I need to do my bookclub "report" after the meeting.  

Today is DGD's first day at her new job, and so far so good.  DD's new door was delivered, so now she just needs to have it installed.  That may happen in Wednesday.

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is going to be hot today...highs in the mid 90s so the ac is humming away.  I did some rearranging of items and am starting to decide what I want to take home.

Sydnie had a great welcome back at her talent agency...she was really promoted by the people there. She said it was embarrassing..lol.

Yes.Linda she is tall and very slender..00 I can be a little big on her. And she has very long legs...She is going back to school on Wednesday...a good idea. She is worried that she will not be where her classmates are but, as you said, I expect her to be ahead. M is going to try to get her back in dance, but since it is competition season that may not happen.

we have tentatively laid out a route home..two long driving days followed by a shorter one. I still need to think about it a bit,

Claudia..hope your day is going well.

i am contemplating going to the pool later this afternoon.

enjoy💕💕

Respected Contributor

Linda, I hope your DGD enjoys her new job. I'm glad the door arrived. 

It was 70° again today. I could get used to this.

Like you I suspect Sydnie will be ahead of her classmates.

Tip has been up to her usual hijinks. Going to the groomer should be interesting. I started picking up the branches she has dragged around the back yard. Spring cleanup is next week. I also need to trim the forsythia bush.

Adam called. Former sil had an attorney appointment this afternoon. Meanwhile an emergency protection order was served. I saw a copy and it's the sketchiest reason I've seen. Ever since custody was awarded 50/50 she has been looking at ways to get full custody back and support raised back. Smh. I never could have imagined this.

After dropping Tip at the groomer we plan to go to a diner in a nearby town. The reviews are excellent. I also need a quick stop at Wegmans for more cat litter.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it was 93 at noon here. I have a headache from my injection so I am going to stay in this afternoon.

we played cards this morning . V is playing bridge this afternoon.

M got Syd registered for high school..she is in honors classes, which will be good for her.if she gets auditions in la, m will just fly her out.

nothing very exciting here..I continue to plan on what needs to go home. I think I will be sending a couple of boxes home. 

Linda..hope dgd is enjoying her new job.

Claudia..May things be more settled today. 

(((Hugs))))

Respected Contributor

It was windy and about 10 degrees cooler day. After we dropped Tip at the groomer we went on to the nearby town for breakfast. We both chose Scotch eggs with a side of homemade corned beef hash and hash browns. The servings were just the right size and the food was excellent. We'll definitely go back.

Tip's baby fur is gone. In its place is a smooth silly coat which will get longer. She found she can reach more things at home so we are trying to make sure any tempting items are out of reach. She was not pleased at all with her seat belt harness and complained bitterly.

Barbara, I'm not surprised at all that Sydnie will be in honors classes. I'm sure she's excited at going back to school. Hope your headache goes away soon.

I hope your day has been good, Linda.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope your injection helps and your headache goes away, Barbara.  Also hope Syd enjoys her classes. I am enjoying the hot weather -- not very hot in the house, so no AC needed yet.  And, it is supposed to be much cooler tomorrow (with lots of wind).

Interesting about Tip, Claudia.  Glad you found a good breakfast place.  It is such a shame about the goings on with W and her ex, etc.  It must be so difficult for you having been "cut off" by her.  Hugs.

DD was very busy today, and she says DGD doesn't like working.  Apparently the job is okay, but she just doesn't want to work.  DD has told her that she doesn't need to work, but she keeps wanting to do so and then changing her mind.  Not sure what will happen next, but I'm sure it will all work out eventually.  

The senior lunch program was okay -- more work for me since my buddy was out sick, but all went well.  So did my time at the gym.  But, now I'm feeling a bit tired.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda