Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS weekof June23

It sounds like your DD is enthusiastic about her class. Doing something with it part time seems like a good start. I admit I am not organized. I keep trying but R is so unorganized these days it seems impossible. Of course all the renovations don't help.

Instead of a tub /shower we are opting for just a large shower with a bench.

I am another hoping to squeeze in time for a haircut soon.

It sounds like you have another busy day tomorrow. Hope we all sleep well tonight.

Respected Contributor

Good morning...Sydnie is entertaining me with informing me about a book she is reading. I have nothing planned for th day..may go over to the license bureau and see what I need for a real ID. 

I keep trying to motivate syd to work to work on her room but that is going nowhere. 

Linda..sounds like your dd is doing well. I love to organize and can see how she would like it. Hope that works out for her. You remain your usual busy self. I wish olli classes were more convenient in Az for me..the location is a good distance from where we live.

i talked to my friend whose husband just went into hospice. He is in a lot of pain, so the hospice doctor is trying to figure out how to keep him comfortable yet alert.

Claudia  too bad yesterday was such a non event. Your renovation sounds good. V is not an organized person, but tries to be good because he knows how I feel. Lol

have a good day. I am bracing for the heat and humidity.

🥵🥵

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry Syd isn't interested in fixing up her room, Barbara.  I remember having a struggle with DD sometimes, other times, she did a great job.  I plan to work on the Real ID when my driver's license expires.  Everything is complicated by my "lazy eye" and needing to get forms from the eye doctor, etc.  Hope your weather isn't too hot and humid.  DD said it was hot and humid there so she does her outdoor work in the early morning.

It is hot and dry here, but it is still nice in the early morning when I take my walk.

I know that the large shower with the bench idea is very popular these days, Claudia.  It can be very useful if one has mobility issues.  

Happy to say that I had my hair cut today in between my two classes.  The yoga teacher told me how to make my knees less painful, and it worked (extra mat and blanket).  I may try her chair yoga class that is given at a local church on Fridays.  I cannot do the regular class that is on Tuesdays since I have the senior lunch program.  The history class was interesting.  It was about "peace camps" the Spanish set up for the Apaches.  I had never heard about them.  

The screen door came off at the top -- really upsetting.  I contacted a new handyman, and he will be coming on Monday afternoon.  I fear the door will need to be replaced again which is crazy.  He will also replace a door lever for the front closet.  He suggested that I order one from Amazon, and I did so.  Fingers crossed I ordered the right one.  The joys of home ownership -- not.....

Hope all is well with you, R, and your furbabies, Claudia.  

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Tomorrow we plan to see about renewing our drivers licenses. Since we have everything needed we  decided to do it early.

R had an early appointment with his VA  doctor. She is ordering more  tests. The pain and walking difficulty could be back or hip related. She suspects the artificial hip. Next Wednesday it's back up to the VA for one of the tests.

My friend left a message this morning while we were out. Her mom is still having a lot of pain post surgery. Her brother is flying in from Denver Sunday for a few days. Meanwhile she's trying to do everything needed.

Adam just sent me a picture of one of the kittens. It looks under 6 weeks and the eyes are still blue.

Glad you got your haircut, Linda. I'm still hoping to get that done. Also glad the yoga was less painful. What a shame the screen door needs fixed/replaced. It's a good idea to have a different handyman do it.

Sometimes trying to get teenagers motivated to pick up is a struggle, Barbara.I hope your friend's hospice doctor can keep him comfortable.

Adam just messaged that the kitten is 4-5 weeks old.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to say that I really hope the hospice doctor can help your friend's husband.  It seems like it can be very difficult to help with the pain without compromising alertness.  Not fun.

Hope the doctor figures out what is causing R's pain, Claudia. One of my bosses had three hip replacements since one didn't help.  

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon... when I went to knitting this morning, the clouds were ominous and as soon as I parked, the storm started. Needless to say, I got very wet getting into the shop. It was very windy,msonannumbrella would not have helped. 🤬

The rest of the day is pretty quiet..think I will read and knit. Supper will be a Stouffers lasagna. It is better than what I can make.

V Nd his kids will be here next week..I am going to get some prednisone so I am functional. 

Claudia hope your moms friend feels better. The doctors should be able to figure out what is causing rs pain..  as I daid, I am not a cat person , but Adams kitten sounds cute.

think I mentioned that my brother has 2 Maine coon cats that are bigger than Pepper.

Lida, read that you did not sleep well...that makes for a hard day. Did your luncheon work out ? Az looks a little on the warm side.

hope you both have a good day.😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you got wet in that storm, Barbara.  Interesting about the lasagna.  I have made all sorts of pasta, but never really succeeded with lasagna.  Maybe I will try the Stouffer's.  I like vegetarian lasagna rather than the kind with meat, but I imagine they make that type as well.  Hope you get the prednisone before your son's visit next week.  .  

Hope you got your driver's licenses, Claudia.  I did nor realize that cat's eyes changed colors --interesting.

It was hot here.  I did get a ride to the restaurant with the same lady who has driven several other times.  The restaurant and company were nice.  She wanted to buy some plants and some more brushes for her painting (art, not houses), so we stopped by Lowe's and Michael's on the way home.  I did make it to the gym where I was really sweating.  I'll probably be sleepy later.  

Yesterday evening our cable was acting up, so it was pretty much impossible to watch the regular TV.  I could stream things on the computer and Netflix, which was a relief.  I was also relieved that it wasn't my TV.  I sure don't want any extra expenses.

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

When we have lasagna I usually pick up Stouffers, Barbara. I used to get lasagna at the Italian deli/restaurant in town but they must have changed their sauce. It began to bother R.

We got the Real Id. It took about an hour. First we had to present the documentation then go to another area for the photo. Hate my photo but that's nothing new. I take the worst pictures. We'll have the new licenses in the mail in about 10 days. We decided it was worth the extra one time cost. I don't want to carry my passport on domestic flights. Too afraid of losing it.

We picked up an extra box of the floating floor pieces at Lowe's. It was in the mid 90's today. I managed to mow after supper (only because it might rain tomorrow). So hot even Griff wanted inside. He appreciates the ac.

Too bad you got soaked, Barbara. The wind made it even worse. I hope the prednisone helps.

Some years ago we took in a stray cat that was a Maine Coon. The owner had moved. I loved him dearly. He would run through the house (all 20+ pounds), jump on my lap and put his paws around my neck. We lost him due to feline leukemia after 6 months. The previous owner never vaccinated him. luckily we had kept him downstairs and separate from the other cats. When we were down to 2 cats I wanted to get a Maine Coon but then Mama Boots turned up.

It's nice you were able to carpool to the restaurant, Linda. What a relief that the problem wasn't your tv. No extra expenses wanted.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is getting warm here. The temp is about 87 but the house is cool so we have ceiling fNs going. I will turn the ac on tonight...I set ours at 74..because of the humidity, which is going to create havoc for my joints.

syd and I went to see the latest Toy Story movie...I have actually enjoyed all of them .Thinkmthis is the final one.

my life is not too exciting..lol.it sil be busier next week with Vyrn and Vanessa here.

enjoy the rest of your day.🌻🌻🌻

Respected Contributor

It is hot here. Earlier it was 95°. I much prefer 75. Tomorrow will be cooler but with thunderstorms.

R decided to go to this weekend's shoot and camp out tonight. His back was hurting just getting ready and sleeping on the ground will do him no favors.

I got my errands done in the morning while it was cooler and I had energy.

Tip has settled herself in R's recliner while Griff is sprawled on front of the cooling vent.

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie with Syd, Barbara. Next week will definitely be busier.

Since R has the car I will need to wait till Monday to get my hair trimmed.