Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week oscSept 13

Good morning...it is quite a lovely day here. V continues to get better..we will leave for Az on Tuesday. It is pretty here so I do not mind staying. We are going to start packing the car today. 

I am looking forward to getting settled in Az.

i am glad that I do not mind driving because I will be doing a lot of it on Tuesday.

hope you are both having a good day. 😘😘

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week oscSept 13

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad it is so nice there and V is feeling better, Barbara.  It is pretty nice here today -- supposed to make it to 93 degrees, but it was cool again on my walk this morning.  I am loving the cooler nights.

I had listed a paperback book for free on Next Door quite a while ago, and a lady contacted me about it this morning.  She will be picking it up Monday afternoon.  That inspired me to list a couple more free items, and I have already had takers (three for one item and one for the other).  Normally, I would have given them to the thrift shop, but it doesn't re-open until October 1st.  Anyway, I am happy to get some of these things out of the house.

Hope you, R, and your furbabies are doing okay, Claudia.  Particularly hope R is taking his medication properly, and you are successful with the feral.

Virtual church was excellent this morning.  No big plans for the day but do a Leslie Sansone DVD plus a little bit of ironing.  I hope your appetite is returning, Barbara.  I have had that problem a few times, but I usually enjoy eating. 

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I heard from DD that she fell because she was wearing some new shoes she had ordered from Amazon.  She returned them to Kohl's, and they gave her a coupon which she used to buy boots.  No word on how her chin is doing.

Respected Contributor

I would have returned those shoes too, Linda. I'm glad you're able to rehome some items you no longer want/need and you enjoyed today's virtual church.

It was only about 70° today. I've been trying to take it easy but with garbage to be carried out front and laundry in the basement it's easier said than done.

For some reason messages didn't show up promptly on our phone. It wasn't until today we got the message the surgeon's office left Friday asking him to call back. Tomorrow is the earliest we could have called anyway since we didn't get back from the VA till 5:30.  I hope surgery won't be delayed.

I let the dogs out a bit ago. For some reason the door stuck and I had trouble opening it. R went onto the porch to call them in and then found he couldn't step up over the threshold. I had to hand him the cane I was using. Good thing we have several canes in the house.

I'm glad you're enjoying the area you're staying in, Barbara and that V continues to improve.

Not much luck cat wise. I can get a bit closer but the only cat that wants in the house or a crate is next door Jinx. He's fast and sneaky and I'm slow.

Respected Contributor

we will leave for Az tomorrow. V is feeling very good.. we have most of the car packed and will finish this afternoon. I am so grateful he recovered from whatever was going on. 

Sydnie started her online classes today. She will attend school in person on weds and th...She is excited about actually getting back to school. Her agent called m and was wondering if Syd was interested in some modeling. Commercial work in LA.  M declined at this time, but her agent wants her to put together a new modeling portfolio. That will have to wait because her photographer in MPls is not doing that because of the virus.

Linda..I will add your friend, Bev to my church's prayer list. That is very sad. I read about dds change of program. That is a good field but from ms experience with health insurance from a health care company, is not good. She has huge out of pocket payments . Hope you enjoy your Olli class. Syd has ap American history this year. 

Claudia..that is strange that your messages do not come through. I had to fix the speaker on my phone since no one could hear me yesterday. Lol.

Enjoy your day. I am gearing up for the heat. 💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry you didn't get that message, Claudia.  Hope R's surgery will not be delayed and both of you are feeling okay today.  Also hope you will be able to get the feral soon.  DD said that their new dog had a difficult time at the vets today -- very nervous, and even shook the crate on the way home.  She has also lost some weight instead of gaining.  She was better when she got home, thank goodness.

Great news about V, Barbara.  Thanks for putting Bev on your prayer list.  I was shocked at what happened, and all the pain she has had.  

Glad Syd will be able to go into school this week.  Probably not a good idea for her to do modeling now in any case, but nice that her agent is looking for her.

I think I remember M having that problem with health insurance, but I think some places might be better than others.  In any case, that would be quite a ways off since DD needs to take classes and pass her certification.  At best,  it would be April before that happens.  I hope she is able to successfully complete the course work and certification.  I know she was very disappointed that the class she was planning to take was canceled at the last minute.  She has a very good guidance counselor who suggested this as a possible alternative, and my SIL and DGD thought medical billing and coding would be a good choice.  The counselor said that she receives calls from the hospital, doctors offices, etc. asking if she has any graduates since they are needed.  

Unfortunately, it is getting warmer and warmer here, but I think it is still pretty nice at night.  Hope the weather is tolerable when you return.  Still not up to 100 today at least.

My American Revolution class was very good, but there were some technical difficulties, particularly with the sound.  The professor showed a free course from a professor at Yale, and then did his own presentation.  I found her really interesting and fun, as did several others.  But, some people were not happy.  So, there was an annoying spate of messages pro and anti the Yale professor during her presentation.  I hope that won't happen again next week.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.  Good luck with your driving tomorrow, Barbara.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We called the surgeon's office this morning and it was just that the anesthesiologist would call Wednesday. Will someone got their wire crossed. Earlier R missed a call and it turned out it was the anesthesiologist.

When we called back he had left for the day but we spoke with the nurse. Everything is good to go.

Linda, such a shame Bev's son couldn't be with his mom. I hope her surgery goes well.

The message problem is on the landline and only happens once in a while. Using the cell phone at home can be a problem due to all the trees. R often has lost the connection.

Safe travels, Barbara. I am so happy that V feels much better. I bet Sydney is looking forward to her two days of actual school.

71° here and I'm enjoying it.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It is hot and sunny here (high of 96 predicted), but still pretty nice in the morning.  Hope your drive to Arizona was okay, Barbara, and you are dealing okay with the heat.

Glad the surgery is still on as planned, Claudia.

I found out that DD's DIL is taking a different nanny job -- just one baby.  She will be paid more plus have benefits like paid days off.  Sounds like a very good job, and not far from DGS' store so sometimes they may be able to drive together (if his schedule allows).  DD is very happy that she is enrolled in the new classes, and actually is taking four classes at this point.  But, she will be able to finish the administrative assistant course soon.  They have something like "easy pay" at the college, so I will be paying for the expensive course until January (once a month).  There was a $25 set-up charge, but no interest, etc.  I usually like to pay things all at once, but this will be good in that I don't have to take money out of savings. 

As you may read on the other thread, I have an appointment with my audiologist late Thursday.  Pretty busy week for me since I have the handyman and hair cut tomorrow, English history class and audiologist on Thursday, and hospice volunteering on Friday.  I have my first plant-based diet class soon.

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We're back from the hand micro surgery appointment. This time I was able to pick groceries up at Wetland. Their brand of lightweight cat litter was partially restocked. I also stopped at the bakery partway home.

I planned to get more dog food at the hardware store I buy it at. I was disappointed to hear the large breed was out of stock (except for grain free) I was told their supplier is not going to carry the Nutrisource brand. Once home I went online and ended up ordering from K9 cuisine. Same price and delivered to our door.

Today dad would have been 100 years old.

It was cool today. I wore a Lines cardio with matching sleeveless t neck and grey pants.

One baby to take care of plus more pay and paid days off sounds like a better choice for DGS' wife, Linda. The rest of your week sounds pretty busy. I hope your audiologist can repair the non working hearing aid. Paying for your DD's expensive course over several months seems to be a good choice. No interest is great.

Barbara, I hope your drive wasn't too long today.

Respected Contributor

we are safely back in Az..I drove the entire way..and it was fine. We were here by 5 pm so it took us 9 hours. We managed to get the car unloaded and will unpack gradually. I did my clothes this morning..I need to do a closet purge but that will happen later.

V is at the doctor..his entire right leg from the knee down is bright red and swollen..definitely cellulitis. Did I tell you he knew this was starting before we left...and he had been told from the last 2 times he had it to get in. Men....😖😖

It is very warm here.  107 today Nd tomorrow. I plan on going nowhere except to pickup a grocery order.

M texted me syds dance line pic and with her hair straight, I thought it was m at first. We 

Linda..that sounds like a good plan for dds course. It is very good to be back in Az...sounds as if dgs wife has a good nanny job. I am sure she is delighted.

Claudia..glad rs appointment went well.  V broke his walker so he is using mine . We need to order a new one. 

have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad things went okay yesterday, Claudia.  DD said it is cool in Maryland, but Arizona is a different story entirely.  Not as hot as Barbara's area, but it should make it to the upper 90's today and the next few days.  At least it is cooler at night, and not too hot on my walk.  Interesting about your Dad.  Mine would have been 110 in November.  I am older than you plus my parents were older when I was born, but.....

Glad you are back safe and sound, Barbara.  I can't believe V has cellulitis and needs a new walker as well.  What a coincidence with R and V.  Hopefully, he will be much better soon.  Glad you are not trying to go out in the heat and taking your time with unpacking.   Funny about Syd's hair.

The handyman came way early, and has already finished the work and left.  I am a very happy camper.  I happened to mention trying to get bids from roofers, and he told me a horror story when he got five bids for work on a house that they sold here.  He knew what needed to be done, and he figured the cost would be about $2,000.  The bids were from $2,500 to $12,500.  Interestingly enough, the roofer that isn't taking new customers (booked until February) was the high bid.  Now I don't feel bad that they are not coming.  I definitely don't want to pay an excessive price for the work.

My hairdresser just sent a text reminder, which is fine.  Nothing else to report. 

Hope both of you and your husbands have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. DD's new dog doesn't have giardia any more, thank goodness..