Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of September 27

Happy Sunday...it is hot here again..the weather people are saying this is an exceptionally hot autumn.we are comfortable inside.

Nothing exciting going on. I am working on getting the floors washed. 

Linda..I missed my virtual service this morning..but I can watch it anytime. I am happy that you got your FaceTime with your friend.

Claudia..hope you are able to get some rest in with all of the chaos. 

enjoy the day.🤓🤓

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of September 27

Good Afternoon/Evening!  The same here as far as the weather goes, Barbara.  I have to say I am a bit disappointed, but that seems to be the 2020 way. 

It is pretty neat that you can miss a service (or sometimes a class in my case) and still see it later.  Hope you enjoyed your church service when you saw it.  I'm very glad I joined this church since I find it so refreshing and inspirational. 

I guess I don't understand what you mean about a Bona mop versus Pine Sol.  Does this mean that you sometimes use a sort of Wet Jet mop (Bona) and others a mop with a bucket?  If so, I do the same.  Sometimes I do one after another, and I always get more dirt up the second time.  

While I didn't look great on Face Time, I think I looked better than on Zoom with my regular computer.  Perhaps my covering up the camera on the computer with masking tape has something to do with it.  I started doing that due to a warning from the Sherrif's Department, and I still prefer not to have my picture readily available for scammers.  I have tried cleaning off the little lens to no avail.  So, I look pretty fuzzy on the Zoom calls.

It sounds like the nursing facility is very strict as far as visitors go, Claudia.  But, if that is a good one, and R is willing and able to go, I guess it is for the best.  Unfortunately, many facilities have very strict rules these days due to the virus.  I am so glad that wasn't a problem when DH was in the assisted living/memory care facility.

I never thought about cats and the baskets, but that is not a problem here.  

I did my Leslie Sansone DVD, so the only other chore is a bit of ironing.  I am thinking about going to the grocery store to pick up some milk and more vegetables.  I'm really going through my vegetables at a fast pace with my new eating habits plus trying out recipes.  The plant-based diet "teacher" is pushing the idea of trying all sorts of different vegetables, so I am branching out a bit.

Hope your day went okay, Claudia, R is better, and both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It was in the 80's here. I had very little sleep last night. Both dogs were barking hearing noises outside. I checked several times. There seems to have been a party up the street. If not that maybe counted prowling. I was surprised even Tippy was barking. I even turned the tv on hoping that would settle them down

R was grumpy or maybe it was my lack of sleep. I did not tell him the cat was isolated in his workroom. That's a story for another day. It was another long hike through the hospital twice. I'll be glad when the closest door is open tomorrow. As suspected his discharge to the nursing home is scheduled for tomorrow. Still no appetite and terribly  constipated.

Glad you enjoyed the church service, Linda and hoped you enjoyed yours, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

good afternoon. I got behind on the laundry so I have a few loads to do today.i had water aerobics this morning and my knees are yelling at me. I want to organize one of the bookcases in the den, but I can sit to do that. 

m is having quite the experience with her home. She has an inground watering system .the front yard was fine but there was only one sprinkler in the back.when she had the system blown out today for the winter, they discovered that wires had been cut to the back and sprinklers were buried under rocks. This is one of several,strange things that she has discovered.

Linda..hope you enjoy your class this afternoon.yes, Sydnie is a little ocd about her grades, but she is a well rounded kid.and she is smart enough that she doesn't overstudy. I looked at those baskets that you ordered, and they are nice, but would not work for what I have to store.

Claudia..hope you get r moved and get some sleep. I am sure the dogs know there is something going on.hope they adjust soon.

enjoy the day.💕💕

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you got some rest last night, and R moved to the facility with no problems, Claudia.  LIke Barbara said, I'm sure the dogs know something is up. Sorry you had to do all that walking.

Over the weekend, DD purchased a playpen for the new dog, which worked well the first night, but not last night.  At least she has decided that the dog will no longer be sitting on her lap all the time.  DD is just too busy for that, and the dog needs to learn that it is okay to be in her own space.

Sorry about your knees, Barbara.  Did the water aerobics have anything to do with the pain?  I thought that water exercises were supposed to be less stressful on the knees, but maybe aerobics are just too vigorous.  M is certainly having some adventures with her new house.  At least she found out what was happening.

Oldest DGS and his wife are not having an easy time in their new apartment.  For one thing, their table is too large to fit through the door -- I found that taking off the legs did the trick for me, but I don't know the circumstances.  Also, the heat is still not working plus the combination washer and drier that the owners bought for them will not fit through the door either.  

Meanwhile, I think "Army" DGS move went pretty well today (at least when I heard about it this morning.

Class was good, but I haven't been able to do nearly as much as I hoped -- a little cleaning and no cooking so far.  On the advice of the desert gardening teacher, I had ordered a small water meter (since I had over-watered my plants).  It came today, but was missing the most important part.  So, I took it back to the UPS store, and I had to wait outside a bit because they were at full capacity.  Since I was already in the little shopping center, I walked over to the card store --- I had not been there since at least March.  They had a lot of empty shelves, but I managed to get a few cards.  I also got in some exercising walking to and from the store.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

This morning I was able to go in the closer door to R's room. I had to park further from the door than previously. Drove around 4 times before a parking place opened up.

R is now down at the nursing home. He found his clothes are a bit tight but said no to me buying a bigger size. PT starts tomorrow. He does not have easy access to plug in the charger for his phone and said they are not as well staffed as previously. So I told him to ask the staff for help when they do come in to given him his medication and  set up the c-pap or mention it at PT if not resolved.  It's not something that I can go in and do for him.

I mowed the yard out back where the grass was highest. We should get a bit of rain tomorrow through Wednesday.

I hope DD's dog can get used to the playpen, Linda. At least Army DGS' move seems to have gone well. I hope eldest DGS and wife can get their heat working and the table moved in. A move is always stressful.

I hope your knees feel better, Barbara and M has no more surprises regarding the house or only pleasant ones.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon...we found some that we like for the Az room..the price fits within the budget I set but I need to wait until they measure and give us a bid. 

I am planning on getting my knees to stop hurting. I wonder if part of it is adjusting to this new climate.The Walmart person overseeing the self checkout scanned and bagged my groceries for me.

M said she spent over an hour straightening syds hair last night. She did a really good job.

Linda..good luck to dd with her puppies.She could still kennel train them.  Sorry that oldest dgs is having trouble with their apartment.Old houses do not have very wide doors. Would you consider a trip to Sedona ??? Or Bisbee which is in the southeast corner is quite lovely.,

Claudia..glad r got moved to rehab. I hope he doesn't have to be there too long. They should help him get his things set up. 

have a wonderful rest of your day.🌵🌵😎

Esteemed Contributor

Hope R's PT went okay, and he was able to get help plugging things in, Claudia.  Yet another reason why it is so difficult to have a loved one in a nursing facility or hospital during the pandemic.  Glad you got the mowing done, and I hope the dogs are behaving.

Really hope your knees improve soon, Barbara.  What type of flooring did you pick for the Arizona room?  Mine has tile, but it is a different type than in the rest of the house -- smoother and thinner, I think.  It is okay, but not special.  Glad M got Syd's hair looking nice and you got help at Wal Mart.   

DD said that the dog got up several times last night, but she just got up and took her to the bathroom (where they keep the puppy pads), and she went every time.  DD reminded me that "Army" DGS was not an easy baby, and she lived through that experience.  So, she is sure she will be able to stay strong with the dog.  She thinks things will be better when she can take off the collar they put on after her operation.

Funny thing, I was considering an Arizona trip.  My last trip to Sedona (six years ago) was really bad.  Between the weather (rain almost the whole time, flooding on the way, and tours canceled), my fear of driving after my accident, and DH's problems, it was not a fun trip.  I love Sedona, and I know I will go back sometime, but hopefully on a tour in better weather.  I thought Bisbee was okay, but not great, but I am considering the Chirricahua Mountains.  There aren't any hotels nearby, but I could stay in Wilcoxx.  I was scheduled to take a day trip there last spring, so it has been on my mind.  But, I have to say taking a trip on my own (not a tour, and not with a group) doesn't sound all that fun, especially since I would need to keep socially distant, etc.  I will think about it.  At least I have some interesting classes, on-line concerts, and my hospice work.  

Busy looking up recipes, etc., and doing a little cooking.  I did clean yesterday evening.  Much more to do, of course.  I have my "plant based diet" class in a few minutes.  

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

R is isolated in his room while the home waits for the covid test results. He's frustrated because he has much difficulty moving and says he's waiting for pain medication to be approved. He did have some PT today. Each day should get better though. I reminded him to make sure they schedule him to have the surgeon remove the stitches. Normally I'd go with them or take him but these are not normal times. It doesn't help that they are short staffed.

It's chilled today and we ate supposed to be up to 15° below normal until around the 15th. No rain yet. The leaves are changing and I've heard they should be quite colorful.

I see on FB a friend I graduated with is in a hospital in FL and diagnosed with the virus.

Barbara, I hope you can get those knees to behave. It could be the change in weather. Whatever the cause I hope it improves soon. It's good you got help checking out at Wal-Mart. Tile is hard on joints.

I ordered online at Wal-Mart today. I tried some Campbell's Beefy Mushroom condensed soup when I slow cooked a roast last month but haven't been able to find it since. I ordered some Cream of Onion soup too plus other items to bring the total to $35 for free shipping. It should be delivered Thursday.

I took the black cat to my vet today to check for a chip. I was not surprised when they couldn't find one. They cleaned her ears and wormed her plus gave me flea medicine. Not a peep out of her in the car. The vet said she was around a year old. Only 6 pounds. I'm used to my 20 pounders. If no-one is missing her it looks like we have ourselves an unexpected cat. Still need to schedule shots.

I wouldn't be comfortable traveling by myself either, Linda. Some people do enjoy it.

I hope everyone sleeps well.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..v found out that he needs to have angiograms of his legs because of the excessive swelling. He is not at all thrilled to say the least.=as many men are he tends to be in denial about medical stuff. Argghh

He is very bored..we need to find some field trips to do.

we are getting the water system installed as I write this. It will be nice not to have to deal with bottled water.

Poor m has to have 3 injections in her neck and if they do not work, she will need surgery. That cannot happen before we get home. 

Linda..I had another thought for a day trip..have you ever been to the Karchner caverns. We did that as a day trip and really enjoyed it.,I have traveled by myself a few times..to conferences where I knew no one. I always added an extra day to sight see. 

Claudia..hope r gets more settled and does not have to stay long. Are you going to keep the black kitten?.

the city we live in does not mandate masks but the grocery store I use do. I do not understand people's attitudes towards the virus.

i had a massive headache after watching the so called debate last night. Don't think I will watch anymore.

Have a good day.😚😚