Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of September 26

Happy Sunday...it is another gorgeous Fall day. As I said I love this time of year. The pictures of Northern Minnesota have beautiful colorful leaves.

I am with v watching football. My plan is to get the blanket done ..only 10 more rows.

Linda..I hope you like Moab...the rock formations are different than Bryce and Zion but still just as beautiful. 
poor dd ..what a mess.

Claudia..your fur baby stories are too funny.Pepper has claimed my lap as her own sleeping place. Lol

Have a good day.🐸🐸

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of September 26

Today was sunny but on the cooler side. R's arm is looking better. That's a relief. The dogs have adapted well to the new porch and Tippy has seemingly forgiven R. He was upset yesterday when she didn't jump up and give him her Tipperary hello hug. Right now she's sleeping upside down on the dogs' couch.

I'm sure your DD was disappointed, Linda.  Enjoy Moab. We didn't go there. Just Zion and Bryce.

I spent part of the afternoon pulling the dried up morning glory vines off the fence.  My legs are complaining about all the standing.

Yesterday R made a loaf of bread for the first time in ages. This morning Griffyn helped himself to the remaining half loaf when R's back was turned.

R is burning the remaining branches from the trimming we did behind the garage. He has the fire pit on a small cement slab.

The dogs are in because next door is using their fire pit too.

Once the blanket is finished do you have another project lined up, Barbara?

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad you are enjoying the Fall weather, Barbara.  Hope the game was enjoyable.  I haven't watched much football the past few years.  But, I saw a little on the TV at the restaurant tonight.  I ended up eating alone since the lady I have been hanging out with decided she didn't feel like eating much.  She brought some of last night's dinner back, and there are microwaves.

I enjoyed Arches National Park -- I had been there with DH, and loved it then.  I tried using a walking pole, and decided that is something I will take on these types of trips in the future.  I have some, but they don't have the straps, so I will probably get some new ones.

Glad R is better, Claudia.  Your dogs are pretty funny.

We had to get up and out to the park early this morning, and there was a line up of cars waiting to get in when we got there around 7:30 a.m.  But, it was okay.

I have not been thrilled with much of the food provided.  Breakfasts at the first place were great and a couple of the dinners and one lunch were good.  But, the box lunches are very boring -- a slice of cheese with a little lettuce plus chips and a cookie most days.  I so miss all my vegetables and fruit.  So tonight, I went out and had a big salad plus panini with lots of vegetables.

One of the women I went to school with -- elementary through high school, passed away from cancer last week.  There were a group of us who hung out together for years, and we are sad about her death.  She never married or had children, but her two sisters and a nephew were able to visit her toward the end.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't be pleased with a box lunch either, Linda. We had them when R's reunion was at Colorado Springs 2018 when we took a bus  around Garden of the Gods. That was disappointing too because we only stopped at a building that showed a video and had a souvenir shop.

The food was always good on our overseas trips.

The poles sound like a good idea for future trips. I'm glad you enjoyed Arches. Another park we didn't visit.

R's arm continues to improve. My middle sister in NC emailed that their grocery is completely out of canned cat food plus Amazon was out. We have a limited choice here.

Sorry about the death of your classmate and friend. My high school classmate who was at the hospice house died over the weekend. No spouse or children but she had a brother and sil.

I hope you and V are doing ok, Barbara. Also hope you're having nice fall weather.

Respected Contributor

Good evening..I am waiting for the homemade pizzas to get done. I have had kind of a convoluted day..lots of running around to get groceries and look for a lift chair. groceries were a success...their is going to be a hunt.

V s biggest problem is getting over his fear of pain..that is really holdi. Ing him back.  His stay is extended until Friday. It is very difficult for all of us.

Linda..that is sad about the food not being good. I hope you have a ratings sheet to fill out afterwards. I wonder where your next stop is...

Sorry about the death of yiur classmate, Liinda.

Claudia..what is with the canned cat food?..

I heard some dog foods are hard to find.,Auite a few of my classmates have died also.

Have a good evening ..it is very nice here.🍁🍁🍁😴

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening.  That is upsetting about the cat food, Claudia.  I think DD was having some difficultly in finding the dog food she wanted for a while.  I like the idea of boxed lunches, but having several days of a sandwich, potato chips, and a cookie was very disappointing.  I think it is particularly an issue now that I have started a vegetarian diet (mostly) and eat tons of vegetables and fruits for lunch and dinner at home.

Fortunately, the food today was much better.  We went to an obscure but great State park called Edge of the Cedars.  Very good selection of pottery and even a puebloan kiva you could climb down.  Some really neat things in the small gift shop.  We went to a few other places and then had lunch in Monument Valley.  I had some "Navajo tacos" with vegetarian beans.  Of course, the scenery was great.  Then we drove to Page, Arizona where we are now.  Practically brand new hotel -- very nice, and we had dinner at a Chinese buffet type restaurant where I was able to get lots of vegetables, some fresh fruit, and some fish.  I overate, but.... After dinner, I went down to the exercise room, and worked out a little bit on the elliptical and treadmill.  I didn't want too overdo it, but sitting on the bus so much today wasn't the best for my body.  

Glad you were able to get the groceries, Barbara.  Sorry V is not able to deal with the idea of the pain.  I'm sure it is difficult on all of you.

In terms of a lift chair, I had looked into them for DH, and found that they were very pricey.  My neighbors who went to estate sales often called me one day to say they found a lift chair at a reasonable cost.  Long story short, it was only $100, and in very good shape.  They even picked up the chair for me, and brought it to the house.  Unfortunately, DH didn't do well with the chair, which I had moved to his facility.  He could not figure out how to use the controls.  But, I know many who love them.  Hope that is true of V if you get one.

Tomorrow is our "float trip" on the Colorado River. They are saying it may be quite hot, but hopefully it will be okay.

DD had another signing today, and it went much easier.  For one thing, it was at a real estate office rather than in a parking lot.  She has another signing on Wednesday and hoping for more.  Apparently, lots of closings happen at the end of the month.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is another perfect Fall day..high in the low 80s with a great breeze. 

V really did some good work today. He got himself out of bed and walked around the room 4x , into the bathroom to test out the toilet and washing his hands at the sink. I was very impressed.

i can't say too much but the pay for modeling print work is very good.  

I checked with Vs pt person said that they wouod not recommend a lift chair, because he has enough strength not to need it at this time. He was happy with the news..lol

Linda..glad you found some good food. Did you buy any pottery?  I have several nice pieces that I have collected since our honeymoon to.Colorado. I haven't bought any for a while but love to look at it  Did you have Indian fry bread . That is another one of my favorites. Enjoy Page.

Claudia..hope your day is going well.

zEnjoy...I am still dealing with the ra fatigue.

Have a good night.😘😘

Respected Contributor

Good for V. That's great news. I'm glad you didn't purchase a lift chair only to find it wasn't necessary, Barbara. Also the modeling is great news.

Linda, I hope you enjoyed the float trip and the weather wasn't terribly hot.

I'm looking for a door mat for the back porch. Both dogs slipped going out. They were in a hurry.

I filled out the questionnaire for R's prostate cancer review Thursday plus have a copy of the urologist's notes showing he's on Lupron shots "for life" or until it quits working. Too bad we'll have the120 mile round trip.

Today was cooler. I really didn't get much done but tomorrow is another day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Evening!  So happy to hear about V, Barbara.  Good that you don't need to buy a lift chair for him, and print ad modeling pays so well.

The "tacos" yesterday and tonight were on Indian fry bread that I like a lot.  They were better yesterday than tonight, but still good.  And, the box lunch today was great.

We didn't leave for a trip until later, so I was able to do some walking/hiking in advance.  The float trip was great.

No pottery purchases for me.  I did buy some years ago on a trip to New Mexico with my ex.  It was authentic, but very tiny and expensive.  I also collected quite a bit of Italian ceramics back then and even some Turkish ceramics plus I have some of my grandmother's painted dishes (she painted herself).  I gave some to DD when I moved, donated some, etc., but still have plenty of beautiful items.  Too many.  I'm sure your collection is beautiful, and probably among the few "collectibles" that has increased in value over the years.

Sorry about the dogs slipping, Claudia.  I remember that being a problem for the dogs sometimes.  Hope R's prostate cancer review goes well.

I loved the float/trip and saw several animals that I mentioned in the other thread.  

Tomorrow we are going to Antelope Slot Canyon, which is a place I have wanted to visit for quite a while.  

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It is warm today..I ran the ac in the car on the way to see v from knitting. It gives me a much needed opportunity to chat with some nice women.

And yes, Claudia, I have several,projects that I am working on..baby hats, shawl, Syds blanket and a sweater., in addition, I have 6 projects that are not started. Lol

V had another good day.  He needs to walk a lot more and increase duration for sitting. But that will come.

Linda..your rafting trip sounded like fun.And you saw some neat animals. Glad dds jobs are getting more reasonable. Like you, I do not plan on adding to my pottery collection. 

Claudia..Pepper is constantly slipping on the hardwood floors...she is so small, she can actually do a 360 at times

Too bad you have such a long drive for rs medical stuff.

Linda..Amie and family did a whitewater raft trip in Colorado and 9 year old KAia was placed in the front because it was the safest place to be. I found that interesting. 

Have a good evening.🤩🤩🍁