Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of September 23

I will be interested if you decided to order the jacket, Claudia.  Fingers crossed that Adam's visit will work well -- after the renovation.

It is not an assisted living facility -- just an "independent living" apartment in a large complex that you can move to assisted living, etc. if you need to do so.  The dining area was very nice as was the food.  A little bland for my taste, but nice and plentiful.  We had a nice visit in her apartment after the meal -- nice ladies.  This is the place that Jo Ann was considering -- expensive, but very nice.

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..we leave for Santa Fe tomorrow morning. The altitude is really bothering me..thought I would be ok by now. Santa Fe is about at the same altitude so if that does not go well we will leave for Phoenix early.

v is going to pack the car this afternoon..We keep our valuables with us until we leave. It is to be quite rainy tomorrow .

Linda..your dinner sounded nice. My moo lived in a senior apartment complex that served very good meals. I used to enjoy eating with her there. 

Claudia..when I was shopping yesterday a couple had a beautiful grand Pyrenees with them. They are gorgeous dogs with lots of fur. My feece is a black and white mix. 

Hoe everyone’s day is going well. 🤩🤩

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry the altitude is bothering you, Barbara.  Fingers crossed you will feel better in Santa Fe.  No rain here today, although I think there was a chance of rain.  At least we got some rain the past few days.  I'm certainly not a fan of driving in heavy rain.  Hope it won't be too bad for you.

Also hope R's acupuncture session went well and helped him with his pain, Claudia.  And, hope you are doing okay and the furbabies are not too mischievous.

As you may have read on the other thread, I was not happy with the dentist this morning.  I am seriously considering switching to another dentist that isn't quite so "institutional".  Hoping the antibiotic they gave me helps with the gum near one tooth.  The hygienist said that she was concerned that the gum issue could result in losing the tooth.  My other teeth (gums) seemed okay just the gum at the back of one of the teeth at the end (top).

I will be going to the gym this afternoon.  Nothing else to report.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Barbara, I'm sorry the altitude is bothering you this trip. I hope it settled down so you can enjoy Santa Fe. We've always kept valuables with us until we leave. In fact R won't pack the car the night before.

R had the acupuncture today and goes back next Friday to a group session. I hope it helps.

Nothing more has been done with the trees. It's odd to look out back and see tree trunk sticking up above the garage roof.

It sounds to me like a good time to switch dental practices, Linda. I hope the antibiotic helps. Our last trip to Scotland, I carried an antibiotic with me for a tooth that was acting up.

My mistake about the apartment vs. assisted living.

Respected Contributor

Not a great evening. Let dogs out one last time, tripped in the kitche. Tried to catch myself with the door frame. Nope. Down I went. Dislocated right shoulder. Er doctor tried to get uncountable but itpoppedout. Orthopedic surgeon for it bakin. Oyf ycourse

I'm right handed.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh no, Claudia.  I had a little problem reading your message, but I take it you need surgery for your shoulder?   It would have to be on the right side since you are right handed.  Hope you aren't in too much pain, and your shoulder is repaired soon.  

I guess you were busy today, Barbara.  Hope you are resting and the altitude isn't too bad.

DH's daughter called last night -- she was at a conference in San Diego, so was able to relax a little in the hotel.  She said work is crazy, and they are getting yet another computer system.  I know her fairly new boss isn't helping -- actually pitting doctors against one another. 

She is going to a medical mission to Guatemala in mid-October.  Mostly doing some surgeries, but she will take two days to be a tourist.

I was surprised that DH's son called today because I had sent birthday cards to him and his wife (his birthday is actually tomorrow, and hers was early in the week.)   He is a very quiet guy, and I found out that he had changed government agencies.  He had been working in the Labor Department for years and years, but changed to the FAA.  Still doing the same type of work (human resources). Found this out when I asked about his work. 

I had my exercise classes this morning, and went to the grocery store for a few things this afternoon.  Otherwise, nothing of note.  I did buy another Kindle book since I want to make sure there is plenty to read while I'm on my trip.

Hope both of you can sleep well, and you feel better, Claudia.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. My SIL (brother's widow) said she is dating a new guy who seems nice.  Fingers crossed that he is a winner.

Respected Contributor

Dam. Left handed typing and auto correct combined with 3am. ER doctor tried to get it in then put me under and tried twice with it popping back out before calling the surgeon who put me under again and got it in.

Glad dh's  daughter has some time to relax.

R asked if I considered an alert button. I said da r n  right after Jean's accident. Luckily he was in the living room as Tip was dancing maddly. I managed to scoot over to the cellar steps and use the assist grab bar to get up..

Hope Barbara is feeling better.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad the surgeon got your shoulder back in place, Claudia.  Good thing R was there.  I am thinking more and more about getting a medical alert when I get back from my trip.  I may not get the "Cadillac version", but I think I need something.  Just too many people falling.

I keep looking for things that I want to take on my trip, and getting mad at myself for misplacing things.  Fortunately, I have found most of the items, but....

Hope Barbara is doing okay.  I saw a post on FB that they are at a nice small resort-type place in Santa Fe and plan to do some exploring. 

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good evening...I was too tired to post yesterday. This place is lovely..very boutique like. Our place is small. A little bigger than a hotel,room...

Santa Feis very crowded with the wine and cheese festival so we drove up to Taos. There are a couple of nice driving trips around this area...I DO NOT NEED LOTS OF CROWDS..we may leave for Az on Monday.

Claudia..yikes about your shoulder but glad the surgeon got it back in. Please be careful...vs walker has really helped him

Linda..I know you leave soon...have tons of fun..how nice that dhs children keep in touch with you. 

I am still ill having trouble with the altitude. That is why we may leave a day early.

Sleep well...be careful,so no one falls.💜💜

Respected Contributor

Glad you are a bit better, Barbara. I prefer to avoid crowds. Safe travels onward to Az.

Doing things left handed is a total pain. Very annoying but could be worse. Autocorrect is not my friend.

Our walker is currently loaned out to my friend's mother. Not that I could use it easily one handed. At least I convinced R I could sleep in a bed without rolling the wrong way or a cat landing on me. I spent 1 night in a recliner for a few hours and it was miserable.