Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of September 20

I am back from water aerobics. It went better today but I did pace myself. I cleaned the bathrooms..I do that several times a week. I want to actually mop the floor with pine sil rather than the bona mop. But will do that gradually over 2 days. 

V is running some errands..he wanted to get out of the house. 

Nothing else exciting..still in the process of reorganizing the den.i bought more Pereia storage containers. I may switch to baskets and use those in the bedroom closet.

Linda..good luck with your plants. I am waiting until it cools dow here about 10 degrees before I get anything for my planter boxes. I will keep your nephew in my prayers. Hope you can visit with Joann via facetime. 

Claudia..hope r is feeling better today. You will be glad that he is in rehab..hopefully it is not too far from where you live.

Syd good me that she is in the top 5% of her class, but she wants to be in the top 1%. She is busy planning how to make that happen. Lol

Enjoy the rest of the day.😎😎

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope R is feeling better today, Claudia. Glad he has agreed to the nursing facility idea.  Good luck with those feral kittens..

Happy you were able to go to water aerobics today, Barbara.  Good that you didn't overdo. 

I am a fan of using baskets for storage, and I have quite a few.  Years ago, I bought special baskets at parties and some sold here.  At that time, they were mostly just displayed, but I think all but one is being used for storage now.  And, recently I purchased a rope basket from Amazon.  I saw some Martha Stewart ones here, and found some on Amazon.  What sold me was seeing that they could be used for storing fitness equipment like weights and mats.  I used to have some equipment in tote bags since I was taking them to class, but now they are only being used in the house.

Hope Syd doesn't stress too much about making sure she is at the very top of her class.  My DGD and youngest DGS did that, and I think it put too much stress on them.  By the end of college (actually DGS is still taking his last class), they were content with being on the Dean's List and not worried about getting straight A's. 

I saw on FB that DH's older DGD who turned 17 last month has her drivers license and drove over the bridge to the Twin Peaks in San Francisco with her sister.  I think she was pretty happy to be driving, especially over the bridge..  

My SIL is very sad about the idea that she and her kids and their families will probably not be able to get together over the Christmas holidays.  I guess things might improve, but who knows.  I just hope I can see DD and family in person next Spring. 

I made some blueberry bran muffins yesterday (healthy type), and they were pretty good this morning.  It is sort of fun to try new recipes.

Hope both of you sleep well.  I guess V is better?  Hope so.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

R will be moving to the nursing home either tomorrow or Monday. The VA has authorized 31 days. Hopefully it will be much shorter. They limit visits to 1 person for 20 minutes a week, outside in the covered ambulance bay keeping 6' distance. Imo they are the best in the county but the furthest distance (about 10 miles). 

PT at the hospital had him walking a short distance with a walker. He's not able to eat much but I tell him each day is better.

I got home from my afternoon visit to see Jinx on my porch and a small straggly black cat in the middle of the yard crying. It looked like a relative of Angela Lansbury's witches cat in Bed knobs and Broomstick. It ate and ate and ate and begged for attention. So not sure if it's male or female I loaded it into the carrier and its upstairs in R's workroom till I can go to the vet. The only room I had to keep it separate. Not feral and hopefully not pregnant. Ay yi yi. I think it might still have its baby teeth. Not a good time of year for black cats to be lost. And no, R doesn't know... yet.

I have a few baskets in the attic but don't use them around the house. I don't need mischievous cats dumping things out.

My college roommate was the first in her family to attend college. First semester she got all As. Then she felt she had to maintain it. Lots of stress and studying 30 hours for a test. Later she realized she missed out on so much.

Hopefully Sydney won't stress too much about it. It's good to have ambition and goals but not miss out on life.

I hope by next year family's can get together.

Glad you were able to do water aerobics today, Barbara. Cleaning the bathrooms is on my list but going back and forth to the hospital and getting R's clothes together for the nursing home and rescuing cats wiped me out. I found out weekends the only door open at the hospital is at the er - the furthest distance from R's room. I was not exactly happy.

I'm beat. Hope everyone sleeps well.