Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of September 15

15 hours of driving is definitely too much forme. It was too much even when R was able to do it. Safe travels, Barbara.

The prostate cancer has returnedd 4-5 times in the past 15 years. If the bladder cancer has returned it will be the 1st time since 2005.

Enjoy the movie, Linda. I've seen some of the episodes but not all.

We went out to dinner for R's 70th. Adam just called and is on the phone to R.  After I hope to head to bed.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday to R!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Hope the drive went okay, Barbara.  

Glad Adam called R on his birthday, Claudia.  I didn't realize the prostate cancer had returned so many times.  DH had elevated levels one time, but they were okay the next.

It is off and on cloudy here, and it was fairly cool in the morning.  But, the AC is on now since it is 90 degrees out.  

DD texted that the movie was very cute.  I'm sure I will enjoy it.  

Doing my usual Saturday chores and back from the hospice visit.  My patient was sleeping the whole time again, and her son said she is sleeping as much as 20 hours a day.  He thinks she is ready to go.  She has had a good life, and I hope (as he does) that she has no pain and passes in her sleep.  Selfishly, I hope that I can have another visit with her when she is awake, but I realize that might not happen.

Hope both of you sleep well tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

We are in Lincoln Nebraska..will drive tomestes park tomorrow.  Will be there until Saturday and the we go to Santa Fe for 5 days . We will be in Phoenix on the 30th. 

It was a good drive. 

Linda..hope you get an awake visit with your hospice person.🎈🎈

happy belated birthday to r 🎂🎂

Respected Contributor

Enjoy Santa Fe, Barbara. I would love to go back there for a few days and this time stay near the Plaza. I'm glad you can take your time traveling.

I went to bed later than usual last night and managed to sleep in until 8 this morning. R had spent most of his time in the garage but I trusted Tippy for a brief time and organized the lingerie drawers plus came up with a bag of donations. Dishes are done too. I persuaded Tippy she didn't need to help.

Adam is still doing training. It doesn't appear likely he'll take vacation this fall. Spring seems a better time though I didn't say anything to him. If custody was straightened out I'd try to plan a visit after the bathroom is done but I don't want to be in the middle of it.

I hope you have one more visit with your patient, Linda. You're right though in saying that might not happen. It's been a great help to her son to have someone be there.

Today it was sunny and in the 80's. I think rain is forecast for Tuesday.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you made it to CO with no problem, and have a good time in Santa Fe, Barbara.  My Dad was stationed there for part of the War, and really loved it.  We visited there when I was a kid, and I loved it as well, and have visited it a couple of times since then.  They certainly have some interesting artists and jewelry merchants/artists, etc.

You were a busy lady yesterday, Claudia.  I hope that you do have a chance to see the boys, but I would certainly try to avoid the custody issues.  

I loved the movie ("Downton Abbey").  Tomorrow will be another busy day for me.

Hope both of you have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you enjoyed the movie, Linda.

Yesterday was busy as we trimmed branches between the garage and boundary fence again. Tippy had a brand new set of branches to work on. Then trimmed what we could reach out front on the tree (locust) I think. I also trimmed the first this bush. 

This morning I loaded the trimmings out front into the car and took them to the drop off site.. The branches out back are too long and will need cut to put in the car.

Yesterday it was over 90°. Today it is 70° with rain forecast.

I hope your travels are going well, Barbara.

Tomorrow R had his weight management class and hopes to visit his half sister after that.