Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of October 9

I had a great birthday yesterday. It is so much fun having the girls here...they play so well together. V and Amie left for the game a while ago. Our new stafium is pretty spectacular.

Thank you for your birthday wishes. It was a nice day.

v has the car pretty well packed...he will leave when he wakes up tomorrow morning...probably by 7.i get my infusion on Tuesday and have a course of prednisone to take so I should feel good.

Pepper is getting so much attention that she went and hid in her kennel yesterday afternoon.

it is pretty cool here..but will be 60 later today..

hope ped you are both having a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of October 9

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Barbara.  Glad you had such a nice birthday, and safe travels.  The weather here is still nice and warm.  Good luck with your infusion and prednisone really help with the pain.

I'm not feeling well today -- not sure if it is just a cold, but my energy level is way lower than normal.  Hopefully, I'll be back on track soon.

Also hope you are doing well, Claudia, and both of you have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

It's good Pepper has a retreat. Safe travels for both you and V, Barbara.

Linda, I hope you are feeling better. Take it easy and rest up. You have done so much lately.

We did manage to move the chests of drawers today. Now I need to fill and organize the drawers. R had lots of clothes piled up. The downstairs toilet is leaking now. r tried to tighten something and it broke off. So far so good with the upstairs one. That seems ok since he replaced parts.

It's chilly here- didn't move out of the 50's today. Griff knocked the water barrel off its stand by the garage. He knows R got water from it for the dogs outdoor water dish. He doesn't understand it is near empty.

Respected Contributor

V got off pretty early...I think before 6. He drives and when he gets tired, pulls into a safe place to sleep.  I think it is crazy, but works for him..he will stay in a motel the night before he picks me up in Portland.

it was a fun weekend with all of the girls. The older 3 finally get along so have a good time together.,amies girls have my gift of music, Kaylie has a beautiful voice. The 3. Made up songs and performed them. Kaia, the youngest has finally warmed up to me so we watched some Disney on tv and she chatted away. Amie and v enjoyed the game.

infusion tomorrow so hope I feel good for our trip. We will be in Oregon on the coast for a week, then down to northern ca, on to big bear and Palm Springs. We will get to Phoenix toward the end of the month.

Linda, hope you are feeling better today. I hate getting sick because when I do I am really down and out.

Claudia...hope you get the leaking toilet fixed.there is always something with a house. 

Pepper er has been sleeping all day...she is one tired puppy.

may you both have a good day.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope V has a safe trip, Barbara.  I don't like the idea of him sleeping in some "safe place" along the road, but as you say, it has worked for him for a while.  Is it just being frugal and not wanting to spend $$ on a motel?  When we were first together, DH wanted to sleep in the back of his van (this was at a lovely park, and we had access to toilets and showers),  but I found I could not sleep a wink.  We tried it a couple of times, and then I said I would rather not go than to sleep in the car.  For one thing, it was very crowded in there, and also, we could not open the windows because of bugs, etc.  

Having seen a little of the Oregon coast, I know you will be going to a lovely area.  Hope you enjoy it and your other adventures before coming to Arizona. I have never visited Palm Springs, but we did drive by there a couple of times when it was brutally hot.  Hope it will be fine when you visit.  We are having above normal temperatures here (90's), but maybe by the time you come it will be a tad cooler.  

The nights are pleasant.  Happy the girls get along so well, and you are bonding with Kaia.

Goodness sakes, you certainly have your house repair challenges, Claudia.  Hope the other toilet is repaired by now, and both you and R are feeling okay.  Also, that your furbabies are behaving.

I fell better today, and I actually started feeling better yesterday afternoon.  I don't really know what my problem was,  but I hope it does not return.  I did go to the gym yesterday, and amazed myself by doing my regular routine without dropping.  I did use the treadmill instead of the elliptical since I seem to have a somewhat easier time on the treadmill.  DH was doing fine, and I came home to do a bunch of baking again.  Baking is sort of my "hobby" and really my only "domestic-type skill".  At one point, I was doing major production -- baking for my office, my parents, and my family.  But, by degrees I backed off -- it was just too much and not fun anymore.  When I was taking care of DH, baking was just not easy to do, so I guess I am reverting in a way.  Sorry for the long explanation, but.....

I took a long walk this morning, and I was near the facility when I was about 10 minutes from home, so I decided to visit DH when his hospice caregiver was there.  It was great to see her, and we discussed DH's problems last week, etc.  Ended up having a very late breakfast, and slow start to the day.  The bookclub meeting scheduled for this afternoon (discussing the "Nightingale") was canceled because only three of us were planning to attend.  

Hope both of you have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I totally agree with you about trying to sleep in a car or van, Linda. Not my thing at all. R, on the other hand... Check he even likes winter camping. I'm glad you're feeling better and had a chance to talk to the hospice caregiver.

Barbara, it sounds like a very nice trip. Hopefully your pain will be minimal after the infusion and prednisone. What a nice birthday weekend you had. Pepper of course might disagree thinking it wild and crazy.

It's chilly here though not to bad out in the sun. I'm trying to hold off turning the heat on. The small chewed chewed chest of drawers is emptied and on the back porch and I'm well on the way to filling the oak chest of drawers. Also I'm sorting through clothes to decide what should be tossed and what donated.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Hope your infusion really helps, Barbara, and you have a fun trip.

Sounds like you are getting things accomplished, Claudia.  I'm sure that feels good.

When I visited DH the second time yesterday, I went in and talked to the director about what happened last week, my concerns about the caregiver, etc.  As usual, he was great.  He said that he would talk to her (not mentioning any names) about taking things a bit easier (not being so loud, etc.)  He had not heard about DD slumping down to the floor, and he agreed that I should have been notified. 

I think I have planter fasciitis in my right heel.  This is from reading Mayo and WebMD, but I'm pretty sure that is my problem.  I tried icing my heel yesterday, and doing a few exercises before I got up this morning, and they helped.  Not serious pain, but it was making me concerned.  Also, I think I have developed an ear infection in my right ear.  I managed to get a little water in my ear on Sunday, but I did not do a good job of getting it out.  I have some drops, which I hope will do to the trick without needing to go to the ear doctor.  Fingers crossed.

Today is my time at the senior lunch program, and then I'll go to the gym.  Later, I'll visit DH.  Usual busy Tuesday.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

I am back from my infusion...the headache is sitting and will pounce soon. Picked up some bagels for Syd, got the SUV washed inside and out and filled it with gas. I really have nothing to pack..will take my lug bag and purse on the plane.

Linda..v says he sleeps in rest stops or truck stops with others there.,he says a motel,is a wate of money because he never sleeps well. Men....he was almost in Montana when he called around 6. 

Sorry about out the foot...there are some good support wraps on Amazon. My brother had it and finally went to an orthopedic guy and got fitted with an orthotic. Hope your ear gets better. Enjoy your lunch job today.

Clauda. Hope your day is going well and nothing is leaking

Syd is home alone tomorrow afternoon. We will see how that goes.

enjoy your day.

Respected Contributor

Fingers crossed the drops help, Linda. I'm glad you had a chance to speak with the director and that he agreed you should have been notified.

We had a frost overnight and it's chilly in the house. I gave in and turned the heat on. My fingertips were cold and painful. I set the thermostat at 68 degrees. I may try going down a degree. 

Sorry about the heel pain.

Barbara, V made good time. R is one who likes to drive till he gets there. s Several times for 16 hours only stopping for gas. I could barely move when I got out of the car. Thankfully he no longer has the endurance to drive that long. Men.

I hope Sydnie does well tomorrow when she's on her own.

I have persuaded  R to part with some clothes that no longer fit or are nearly worn out. I don't want the drawers so packed that he can't find things. As it is I think he could wear a different t shirt everyday for 2 months.

Safe travels tomorrow, Barbara.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope the headache isn't too bad, and your flight is okay, Barbara.  V certainly did a lot of driving his first day.  Imagine Syd will be fine alone, but it is always a concern when you first start leaving them alone.

I can remember when my ex decided just to drive straight through, Claudia.  Not easy on me, especially the time he did it not long after DD was born. Yikes!  

My DH had so many clothes, which I didn't dare touch until he was in the facility.  He has a pretty full closet and dresser there, and I kept a few things here as well.  Part of the problem was that he kept things "just in case" despite them not fitting or really looking nice at all.  Men can be like that.

Things went pretty well yesterday, and DH was in good spirits when I visited him.  He seems to be getting a little more "with it" than before.  DD got DGS back to college yesterday, but we did not have a chance to talk much since she was busy driving/picking up, etc.  I think things were doing okay.

My foot seems to be much better now that I am taking some extra measures such as exercising, wearing comfortable shoes all the time (not barefoot), etc.  I had purchased some Sketcher's shoes at Beall's, and they are very comfortable.  Actually using them as "slippers" now.  I think I had worn my exercise shoes past their "lifetime", and with all my walking/exercising, it was just too much on my feet.

My ear isn't great, but I think it may be okay without going to the ear doctor.  At least that is my hope.  

Hoping today will be a relaxed one for me -- need to finish another book for my British mysteries class tomorrow, but that should not be an issue.  

Another warm day expected here, but not as hot as yesterday when it reached 95 degrees.

Hugs,

Linda