Highlighted
Respected Contributor

REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of October 13

I am having a lazy day..I did go to church. I have nothing that urgently needs to be accomplished. I am very fatigued so may lay down for a bit.

it will stay warm this week..A bit of a change for you Linda.

Have a great day.🎈🎈

Respected Contributor

Re: REFORMED SHOPAHOLICS week of October 13

I hope you get some rest and feel better, Barbara.

I did more today than I wanted to do. 2 loads of laundry. 3 trips to the attic ( bins up and another down). Add yard cleanup, cat litter, and garbage out front. Oh yes, refilled the cat food containers. 1 is a half and half mix.

We had our first frost last night and I was happy to have the fleece sheets on the bed.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope you took it easy today, Barbara.  You were one busy lady, Claudia.

I made it to Phoenix after very long flights.  No big issues, but boy, was I tired of flying.  The flight from Milan to JFK was nine hours or so.  Not much time in between flights since I had to go to a different terminal, go through security several times, claim and re-check my bag.  Then the flight to Phoenix was a little over 5 hours.  The shuttle didn't pick me up until 9:15 or so, and then picked up others.  Sp, it was pretty late when I got to the hotel.  I am going through my e-mail now, but fading fast.

Loved the trip, but not all the flying.  

Hope both of you sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I got a couple of hours of sleep, and then woke up -- time change is just too much. Now I am waiting until I can get some breakfast.  I don't think the hotel restaurant opens until 6:00 or so.  Not really that hungry, but I have not been eating well during my travels and desperately need some coffee.  

The weather in Phoenix was actually a pleasant surprise == it was around 80 degrees or so when I was waiting for the shuttle.  The first plane was pretty good in terms of temperature, but the one from NY got pretty chilly.  I zipped up my hoodie and that helped.  of course the first plane had blankets that I did not use.  They had an unusual pillow.  You tore it along a perforation, and it made a neck pillow that wasn't bad at all.  Never saw something like that.  While I had my own neck pillow, it was easier just to use theirs, and I didn't do much sleeping in any case.

My room in this hotel is pretty nice, but this one is very noisy.  The earlier room was on the other side of the hall, and I did not hear all this highway noise, etc.  Sure looking forward to being in my own bed tonight.  As far as I can determine, it is cooler in my area than here in Phoenix, but certainly not cold with frost or snow -- yikes.  

DD said she caught a cold and my SIL caught it which is particularly bad since he is traveling for work today.

I finally was able to see the article about my volunteer work in the very local paper, and it was pretty nice.  There were a few minor errors, but.... They only had my picture, but mentioned my work buddy by name two or three times.  I imagine she will not be pleased, but....

Since I don't get home until  this afternoon, I took off work tomorrow.  I'm glad since I'm sure I will be working like crazy to get things back in order.

Hope both of you have a nice day, and I will try to post again later.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

The time change is not easy, Linda. I hope you were able to get some rest. Good idea to rest up and not do your volunteer work tomorrow. I'm glad you saw the write up in the local paper.

I haven't got as much done today. It is only in the mid 50's temperature wise. I slept poorly. I woke several times and found Maggie Mae curled beside me. She never does that. Now my 20 pounders take up space near the foot of the bed every night. Fingers crossed I can load Mama Boots up tomorrow morning for her shots along with Maggie.

I got the MRI done and stopped at a grocery on the way home.. Lots of construction at various intersections was going on. When possible I took back streets It. Even then one was being worked on.

I hope DD and SO I feel better soon.

I hope you are feeling better today, Barbara.

Respected Contributor

Linda..I always have more trouble flying west to East. Good luck with getting your sleep schedule readjusted. Glad you made it home safely.

Claudia..hope your mai shows significant improvement. You were very busy the other day. It is 91 here today.

i did some laundry this morning and then had a massage. That felt very good. Now iamminnthe middle of mopping the floors but need to wait until v gets done unloading the water and stuff from sams club.

have a good evening.m😎😎

Respected Contributor

It is still morning here. I made a quick shopping trip to get a few groceries and it did not go well. I am off prednisone. I really do not want to go back on it but I may need a very low dose. I am going to wait for a few more days.

a few goof carts were stolen last night..our community is grated but the very back of the property, which's undeveloped desert on ly has a chain link fence which is easy to cut. A lot s people leave keys in the cart..we never do that.

Linda..that was such a lovely article about you. It is well deserved. Hope your sleep cycle gets straightened out. 

Claudia..hope you are having a good day. Did you get your big cats into the car??

Enjoy your day. 💜💜

Respected Contributor

First attempt at loading Mama Boots was an utter failure. She managed to scramble away into the spare room. I shut that door and the closet door. She went under the dresser then back to the door. I upended the carrier and got her in.

Compared to that Maggie Mae was pretty easy. R helped me get the carriers in the car. I guessed Mama was 16 pounds. She weighed in at 16.1. Maggie was 11. Mama had all her shots. Maggie Mae just needed her rabies shot. The other shots will be due in January I think. Merry, Pippen, and Fitz will be due about that time too. Pippen and Fitz are more than 20 pounds. Ay yi yi.

Sorry your shopping trip did not go well, Barbara. It's good your cart was not one of the ones stolen.

I hope you can sleep better tonight, Linda. Wanting to sleep and being unable to sleep is miserable.

Esteemed Contributor

You certainly have some large cats, Claudia.  Glad you eventually got them to the vets.  Those larger cats will be another challenge.

Sorry you are not feeling your best, Barbara.  I know that you would rather not take prednisone, but I guess it might be necessary.  Glad your golf cart wasn't stolen.  People can be very careless with their keys.  As you may remember, someone stole several weapons (guns and rifles) that were in the unlocked cars of my neighbors.  I couldn't believe that they would not lock their cars at least.  They did catch the thief who wanted money for drugs.

That was quite a nice article in the local paper.  I was almost embarrassed at how I was portrayed since I know others do so much more volunteering than me.  But, I certainly got a lot of very nice comments which made me feel good.  The writer/photographer did a nice job on the picture.  Definitely me with all the wrinkles, etc., but it looked good with the background, and I was smiling and not squinting or anything.  

I was tired when I finally got to Italy, but I was able to adjust pretty well.  Just not happening here, at least so far.

As I mentioned on the other thread, I got up very early today (I think it was about 3:00 a.m.), but spent time on the computer, etc., and was late taking my walk.  Fortunately, it wasn't too hot.  

I am back from picking up some produce from Sprouts (didn't find much at the grocery store yesterday) and get some cash to pay the landscaper.  I had hoped to get to the gym this afternoon,but I am not up to doing so. I did a lot of walking (including up and down stairs, etc.) on the trip, but I didn't use machines at all, so I'm sure I will "feel the burn" as they say when I go -- probably tomorrow.

Fingers crossed we all get some rest tonight.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Good afternoon..it is going to be hot here..high of 97...I am not going anywhere.

Linda..hope you had better sleep last night. I tend to be like you with getting things done sooner rather than later...I am always working on that. I see a lot of that in Sydnie.

Claudia..your kitties are pretty big....glad you managed to get their shots etc. 

I have little ambition today..some days are like that.,I though I was done with the grocery store, but there are good buys on fruit this week.

hope your day is going well 🍁🍁